It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private armies for rich people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The globalist bankers already have vast armies to do their bidding, under the guise of "national defence" services. So it's only natural for the lesser mortals to also hire assets for protection and other, perhaps not so legal, activities!

Wasn't it Monsanto that had hired private security services to carry out surveillance ops on opposition and to also sneak onto private property / farms to take crop samples (make sure those pesky farmers were not using their product illegally).

Protection of the elitists and their wealth and power always comes at the expense of the rest of us. After all, it is they who drive the wars, but refuse to go fight in them, preferring to stay at home in comfort, satisfied that they are making a profit from the bloodshed.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is happening here in the usa too for sure....When Blackwater first came out I was interested in joining up....at the time they wanted k9 handlers and snipers....I shot over a resume but only had recently become a sniper and they were getting a lot of bad press. I backed out and started looking around....I probably found a dozen companies like Blackwater that had a wide range of capabilities from working with military, diplomat protection, to civilian intel and beyond.

Lets face it they are mercenaries and there is nothing wrong with that but lets say the world takes a nose dive the worst...itll be the rich or the smart rich that had a few of these guys in place to protect them.

I remember when I was in the middle east and some general was supposed to visit us....well the site I was on was hush hush and no one could get on without prior authorization..no one...we knew the general was coming and he was approved. Well his civilian security detail was not...they showed up at the front gate and refused to acknowledge us... we didnt know who they were and they acted like their sh*t didnt stink...I can tell you it came close to them being shot until they finally acknowledged they were the generals security detail in plain clothes. Once things settled they ended up being decent dudes and we all had a cup of coffee together (no beer there) and we got em approved to come on base. But I will say these guys/gals are very driven and most take their job very seriously as would I.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle
I expect there will eventually be a war between the people and the corporations. The time it takes to get to that point will be determined by the ability of people to throw off the corporate edu-indoctrination system and their ability to think critically...

So... at this rate, it's never gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

thesaneone
Whats the big deal?
Influential people have had bodyguards forever there are nut jobs stalking rich and famous people all the time.

Funny nobody cries when Hollyweird actors and such hire them.

Theres a mountain of diffrence between a few bodyguards and a army.

Do you like like the idea of fedual lords?

Funny how history repeats itself.

A very few elite gather up all the resources and land. Then they employ private armys. Next each of the super rich will be allowed to make his own laws on the land he owns that the peasnts have to obey. Before you know they will be given titles live Lord or Duke.

But hey guess Im a dirty filthy left wing commie for not wanting for go back to a 1000 year old fedual system!
edit on 13-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Devil's advocate:

On the other hand, if the people with money do not collect arms and organization, who would defend from an encroaching totalitarian government?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

RedCairo
Devil's advocate:

On the other hand, if the people with money do not collect arms and organization, who would defend from an encroaching totalitarian government?

Thats how fuedlism worked. A bunch of very rich people with land used there armys to limit the power of the King. If they king went againts these lords wishes the king would end up with these private armys being turned on him. IE King John and Stephen of England.

Problem is they would only stand up to the rulers if THEY were unhappy.

The peasents and commoners still got screwed over anc exploited.

And if the peasents tried to stand up on there own? Well you end up with the Lords and the KIng comeing down ontop of you without ant compramise caused god forbid they EVER have a say.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Biigs

When will there be the first gated city?

There already are. So. California itself has five gated cities.

It's more common than you think.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Yeah, and if we are referring to gated 'communities' and not an-entire-city there are a gazillion, and not just in CA.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

bg_socalif

Biigs

When will there be the first gated city?

There already are. So. California itself has five gated cities.

It's more common than you think.

Hummm I reside in So. California and I know nothing of these 5 gated cities, care to enlighten?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

It was but a Google search away... "gated cities CA"

Wikipedia Link

Canyon Lake, CA is one.

Apparently the loosey, goosey terminology of "gated community" and "gated city" are interchangeable for one main reason - these cities started as gated communities, later filing and being granted city status.

So, technically speaking they are cities. Coto de Caza is another walled/gated community turned city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join