It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christy is going to run as a Dem! (A RAMBLE ABOUT HOW OBAMA ISN'T THE PROBLEM)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't know if this is in the right forum, but I do know that it merits a look. I don't have any links. I don't have any proof. I just keep up with the day to day politics and data points. This is all gut. But here goes....

The problem with Republicans today is that most aren't really REPUBLICANS. They wear the name... they bear the title. They get reelected. Or they don't get re-elected. Some like Ted Cruz have star power (God bless him) and are working for all conservative values. Some work for some conservative values and abstain from voting on other conservative values.

A Rhino (RINO)= Republican In Name Only... only votes for conservative values when he/she knows that his/her vote won't count. They seek compromise on EVERYTHING.... Giving up EVERYTHING and getting next to nothing in return. At the end of the day they call themselves bipartisan or a MAVERICK. They get re-elected by sucking tax dollars to their state and by posing at every disaster or windfall... making sure they are associated with the good and not the bad.

A Dino (DINO)= Democrat In Name Only... is a species that has gone extinct. There used to be "Blue Dog Dems" ... they are all gone. They have either died or given in to the PROGRESSIVES.

A (Progressive) = Communist, Marxist... They run as both... they are both... they see the world as a "Top Down" "Utopia" in which we can and should bring down the worlds population to a level that THEY can manage... AND THEN CONTROL THEM

Christie is a failed Conservative... almost like he joined a Church and became a minister... conservatives loved him because he was a decent orator... kind of like Obama. He had conservative ideals when it came to the Unions... who are of course demonized by every freedom loving conservative. (Union members shouldn't be demonized... they are ignorant... or they don't want to mess up their pay standards [what's in it for me]). He also has star power... This guy has an answer for everything... He's been coached. Obama was coached... Obama's coach then coached Jay Carney... just look at the first interviews and the latest... the mannerisms.... I digress...

The point is... that the IGNORANT MASSES LOVE HIM! If Christie Embraced Obama again in public... then defied him... he would be king.

NOW= To the point... EVERY NEWS OUTLET including FOX NEWS... is almost solely focusing on the problem with OBAMA. But is he really going to be impeached? NO! So why focus on him? I'll tell you why!

The media focuses on B.O. because he is a strategic JUPITER. He will attract all attacks and barbs in this... his second term (MUCH LIKE JUPITER SUCKS UP MOST EARTH ENDING ASTEROIDS). The Health Care Act (Government Control Act) has passed. Now he has to suck up all of our angst so we don't actually look at who crafted the bill. So we don't look to see who voted for the bill. If Americans won't wake up and defend historic values... then this is "Proof of Death" of the American Freedoms we have come to enjoy(from birth).

PRESIDENTS DON'T MAKE LAWS=======PRESIDENTS DON'T MAKE LAWS======= PRESIDENTS DON'T MAKE LAWS========PRESIDENTS DONT MAKE LAWS

PRESIDENTS SELL LAWS AND TAKE BLAME.... MEDIA IS WHERE POWER IS. AND EVERYONE IS AT THEIR MERCY.

As to Christie... all he has to do is Turncoat officially... and he's POTUS. There are enough dumb-asses out there with a will to # up the republic... that I'm not sure we stand a chance...

WE SHOULD FOCUS)))))))++++===== On Keeping our seats in Congress and taking more. Sweeping the Senate. Forget the ineffectual dummy in the white house... Lets get rid of the bad Lawmakers... Lets replace them with people that will MAKE GOOD LAW. (TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVES AND LIBERTARIANS)

WE NEED TO REPLACE THOSE THAT COMPROMISE ON CONSTITUTIONAL VALUES.... PERIOD

~A Republic... If you can keep it.
-Benjamin Franklin

~M0LAN LABE = COME TAKE THEM

edit on 12-2-2014 by Froggy55 because: To add personal feelings.

edit on 13-2-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Froggy55

Here Here ! Don't Tread on U.S.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why would Christy flip? Hillary already has the nomination sewed up. Personally I don't think he stands a chance against her, and Cruz will have both of them stuttering in the end anyways.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If this is an opinion of yours, I really don't feel Breaking Political News is the appropriate forum. I thought it was actually news until I read your OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
He is not going to flip... He is head of the Republican governor's group. He actually is doing pretty good with his approval ratings on both sides of the aisle in his state (he has taken some hits over the bridge scandal).

The only thing I can figure, if he goes Democrat, is to split the vote in his state to secure a Republican victory of the states electoral votes. The Democrats have done this is the past (the one that jumps to mind dealt with the Michigan Governors race from back in the day).

Democrat... Republican..... Independent....

Political affiliation does not matter. What matters is the elected officials understand that they took an oath of office and not an oath of party.

The parties must understand that the US is not and never will be 100% Republican 100% Democrat. Compromise must occur. Finding a solution to our problems requires give and take by all, regardless of who controls what specific branch (subset of).

Get involved people... Vote.... Contact your reps and give them feedback.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
People will vote for anyone based on the label they fall under.
Their thinking is
Republican = Christian = Family values . I have seen this kind of logic too many times. Same goes for Democrats.

People vote based on party lines and not the candidate. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

If Christie ran as a Democrat, people would vote for him based on the sole fact that he is running as a democrat.

edit on 13-2-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Ted Cruz needs to sit down and behave. He's in the back seat and Rand Paul is the adult driving the car.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Had to mention I thought you painted the left with too broad a brush.

Most of the "lefties," but maybe more properly termed "post-modern progressives" I know only want gov to serve us, keep minimal order and keep the lesser economically blessed folks taken care of... they certainly don't want to manage anyone and are more libertarian in their views about gov intrusion into privacy and "vice."

So basically, if you don't want or need a nanny, fine, but they do think one should pay (if they can) to help the lesser folks. The main arguments come from people who are basically selfish and don't think they should pay for the greater good, in varying degrees.

But it doesn't matter because we're totally trashing our planet and most will die badly anyway while arguing about how bad the damage is.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Froggy55
I don't know if this is in the right forum, but I do know that it merits a look. I don't have any links. I don't have any proof. I just keep up with the day to day politics and data points. This is all gut. But here goes....

This is total B.S. and it definitely does not belong in any news forum whatsoever.

If anything, it belongs in either the Rant forum or the LOL (Ludicrous Online Lies) forum, take your pick.

IMO, the reason that you, (like most right-wingers) have such a distaste for democrats/progressives and/or unions is because of the fact that you don't have the intellectual ability to negotiate with people of opposing views, causing you to reject compromise at every turn and relying on obstructionism as a political strategy.

I can assure you that hell will freeze over before democrats and/or progressives ever contemplate nominating, (much less electing) Chris Christie as POTUS. Dream on my friend.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
great tactic

seize the Democrat Party from the progressive-Marxists ...and the Chicago gangland thugs like ACORN..who gave us the Obama Hussein Barack group...

the nation swings from NeoCons with dual citizenship and Christian Zionists
to the present regime of hidden islam & communists intent on dictatorial powers

a third party is unrealistic... the best method is to infiltrate the matrix monster/beast

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

MsAphrodite
reply to post by Bone75

Ted Cruz needs to sit down and behave. He's in the back seat and Rand Paul is the adult driving the car.

Small chance of that happening economic terrorist like Cruz never learn and only do damage to their parties.

The only reason why Christie would switch parties is because the Tea Party has wrecked the GOPs approval rating. If it wasn't for that and the recent scandals Christie would have had a good chance at winning.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Bone75

Why would Christy flip? Hillary already has the nomination sewed up. Personally I don't think he stands a chance against her, and Cruz will have both of them stuttering in the end anyways.

He will flip because he isn't a Republican and Republicans won't vote for him. Democrats have no problem voting for candidates with records of corruptions and scandals.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Bone75

Hillary hasn't even said she is even running for president why do right wingers keep crying that she is running. And if Cruz tries to run which would be a laugh get ready for the birther nonsense all over again. It would be fun to how many people that whined Obama isn't a natural born citizen cry the same about Cruz.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

jjkenobi

Bone75

He will flip because he isn't a Republican and Republicans won't vote for him. Democrats have no problem voting for candidates with records of corruptions and scandals.

So do you choose to be selectively blind or was you born that way. Republicans get in just as many scandals as the Democrats it depends who is in office as to how much publicity it gets.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Dems and Repubs get into an equal number of scandals... I don't think I've heard ya say that before.

I couldn't agree more and am glad to see we feel the same way. Right/Left...Garbage in/Garbage out and very little changes between the two sides within political life or Washington. Party only really seems to matter among them come election time, and then pretty much just who gets to sit at the figurative head of the tables for the myriad of committees and conferences. Where the true power in Congress tends to get exercised.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Nevermind I stand corrected.

-SAP-
edit on 13-2-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The real problem is the GOP has swung so far right that every Republican President before and would now be Rhino. The US population sits in the center. Anytime a party wanders away from that it fails. The OP praises Ted Cruz and he is popular in a very small circle but, greatly disliked my most of America and held responsible for the GOPs lowest popularity in it history. When most of the GOP is not far right tea party people then they are the real GOP.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think I'm learning why I dislike political threads as I do. In almost every such thread, people quickly end up yelling and calling each other names, as has happened in this thread (shame on you, you know who you are).

In the very rare exception, people take the time to figure out what it is that they're talking about. They actually reach an understanding on what the words they're using mean.

I have been truly blessed to have been in a thread where people actually defined their terms in an understandable way, and went on to talk about the positions each had. They actually learned from each other. That thread may have been a hallucination, I don't remember running into anything like it recently, and our search engine isn't turning it up.

The OP seems to be saying that Republican is defined as Conservative, and that most politicians who call themselves Republicans shouldn't because they don't work for Conservative values. Conservative is not directly defined, but I assume it is the opposite of "Progressive."

It seems that the OP takes the rather clear and generally accepted position that Progressives are more comfortable with Statism, the idea that decision making should become ever more centralized. Decisions formerly made by counties should be made by states, decisions made by states should be made by Washington, and decisions currently made by Washington should be made by the UN.

In the OP's analysis, Conservatives would prefer to reverse that process. (I know I'm speaking generally, and with a broad brush, but I don't believe there are exceptions sufficient to disprove the general point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The OP touches on at least three major points, I wish it were a little more focused. Would Christie win the Presidency as a Democrat? Quite possibly. My problem is would he win the Democrat nomination? That doesn't seem likely.

Are the media focusing on Obama in order to avoid looking at anyone else? I'm not sure the OP makes that case either. Consider that the media have no trouble spending hours on Christie and the bridge based on little or no evidence. And I don't think people will forget who made Obamacare (AKA Affordable Care Act). If you were in the House or the Senate at the time of the vote and you had an (R) after your name, you voted against it. If you had a (D) you voted for it. Simplest vote tally in years.

But the third point relates to the names and philosophies of the different groups in politics. MrSpad, as an example, believes that the people labelled as Conservatives by the OP are actually extreme crazies hated by the American public, and the OP's RINOs are actually true Republicans or Conservatives. If we accept the OP's definitions, and by custom we normally should, MrSpad's position is indefensible. The lack of serious results in countering the "Progressive" agenda, and the many Republican votes supporting them, indicates to many that the RINOs of the OP are not seriously opposed to progressivism.

There is really no way to formulate MrSpad's (and others') position so that it makes sense. He is articulating what is commonly held, but that belief is wrong. Are the Republicans in general " Acceptably moderate Right Wing," and the Cruz supporters radical crazies? Where, then, are the Democrats? To say they are the acceptably moderate Left Wing, is bizarre beyond words. It cannot be rationally defended.

Are the Democrats without "radical crazies?" Farrakhan, Sharpton, Pelosi, Ellison, and so many more. Those are all moderate Democrats? That's silly. And there are dozens more. Why then is it so rare to find any Democrat labelled as Left Wing? And which group is regularly described by the press as radical, or extreme, left wing?

We learn, then, that in the eyes of the press and even some posters, that the Democrats (or Progressives) are sane and moderate. The Republicans who don't seriously get in the way of Progressive policies are right wingers, and the people who do attempt to oppose Progressive policies are labelled crazy, radical, extremist, terrorist, and similar terms.

The idea that the Republican party as represented by Cruz, etc. is extreme, radical, and crazy, is so biased and flawed that I'm surprised anyone mentions it in polite society.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you for pointing out that I'm not completely loony...

I probably did post this in the wrong forum and for that I'm sorry...
I am also probably wrong...
I had an epiphany that led to an epiphany... That being...

That Christie is worth more to the progressives if he runs for the GOP nomination. Sure... he doesn't have a chance in hell to win...
But he can use Chicago style tactics and "Bulldog" anyone that stands a chance to defeat anyone that has a chance to defeat the RHINO that does have a chance to win. The whole thing can be figured out like this...

Find out who is the biggest RHINO that can win...
Have Christie (as a republican nominee)... attack everyone else...
Create a close duel... between Christie and the RHINO that can win the nomination...
Win or Lose... Progressives win.

In the meantime... the Progressive media will begin pounding on Obama... and pick at Obamacare... I say pick... because they don't want it to go away... they just want it to change to single payer. If they pound hard... you know the dem nominee will be HC. In fact if there is an Impeachment trial at all... then you can bet everything you own that Hillary will be the nominee...

If you want to know who will win the whole shebang... you'll have to wait until the midterm elections in 2014 are over. The party that controls the most seats... can count on the "Opposing" party to win. I mean you have to have to have some semblance of separation in the eyes of us "plebes".... Don't you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join