It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of a civil war in Venezuela? (post from Vnz)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Thank you for that. You should share the stats link on a gun forum - because one of the regs is a mental health and criminal background check, with renewals every 3 years - which just means they will be found illegally. Your Country appears to top out pretty high for gun ownership but my guess is a lot of students don't have them - or those who live in poverty.

I am just blown away the government sends gangs out to murder anyone in their path. I really thought this Country would get swift help for this sort of thing. It isn't the Middle East, where conflict is constant year in/year out. It won't be long though - help will arrive. It's beyond just a protest now. You just posted this about a week ago. It's moving extremely fast, so this warrants some international decisions today. I can't imagine more warnings at this point. Hope your stocked up on supplies and you and yours stay safe until that help arrives.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

IzzyVzla
I thought the people here were more aware of who are the Master of Puppets. The USA govt. is backing the "leaders" Lopez and Machado, who used to meet with bush and Obama in their free time. The mass media are using old photos of protest in brazil, Egypt, etc.:
twitter.com...
Yes, there are problems with lack of some items of food products, but it is part of the whole plot, they are diverting the food to Colombia.
Please be more open minded, don´t buy the mass media scum.
The real problem is that behind the opposition is a real dark force, not human (Chavez knew that and got killed) that wants our natural resources; the Illuminati scum.
I live in Caracas.

OH NOES!! the US GUBERMENT!! SO a Puppet of the Government in Caracas come in here to decry photographic evidence and even condemnation by others outside the US influence as the government in that country is innocent. le tme guess you also think Assad and Pol pot were mis understood?

The reports coming out of your country ARE NOT THROUGH MASS MEDIA OUTLETS. ANd I am sorry but a HUMAN IS behind the problems there. Dark forces OOh way to play with words and absolve the leadership of any wrong doing or blame on both sides. If you believe Chavez was killed by the illuminati... lol I cant help you.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

20/02/14 .......update. The internet appears to be down in Tachira State . San Cristabal. Students still have access on their phones for now.

Here in Margarita the national guard have been out in force removing a lot of the students with tear gas and dismantling the barricade's. They did this around 4 in the morning as there were not as many protesters around at that time.

There were a lot of injuries reported in Caracas overnight . Exact numbers have yet to be confirmed.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Here is a picture of the collective who are pro government and say they are for peace. Yeah they look very peaceful !!

When this is all over I hope these people get their just deserves for crimes against the people

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm assuming the OP hasn't been on due to the Internet being down so wanted to at least pop this back to the top incase anyone else has some input. This Country is heavily in my thoughts. When the Internet goes down it can mean things have gotten even worse. The government would have free reign. I'm a bit worried.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I am fine, thanks for your support. Had some problems with the router today but that was just in the house. I went to a protest last night . It was peaceful and they did not block the street. There was a lot of whistling and banging of pans.
The national guard were there keeping watch as well as a lot of police.

There are big Marches today and huge marches planned for the 24th February .

Here on Margarita they freed 7 students that were being held. (one victory)

Maduro said he was going to ban CNN from the country, but he since has changed his mind. I get the feeling he is receiving a lot of international pressure.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This is good news. I doubt he will step down so the protests will continue for that I'm sure. Or maybe he will give people what they want. The pressure must be pretty extreme given this change of events. Hopefully we can read about what prompted such a sudden turn around. It's always good to know what motivates people in power.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

This is a photo from the opposition March yesterday in Caracas

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Big Marches planned tomorrow all around the country.
Here is a photo of a supermarket. This is a typical scene nowadays. Although certain products are restricted to 2 per person ,people bring their whole family and stay all day, queuing over and over again.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Update 24/02/14 There are a lot of reports coming in all over the country of streets being blocked.
Here it Margarita it seems calm , although there are a lot of police and national guard on the streets.

Here are a couple of pictures

Protesters blocking in Baruta

Working together moving a container to block road

Will update when I have more.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Thank you for the continued updates.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join