It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Killed By COPS........Outnumber Americans Killed In Iraq War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cops have killed well over 5,000 Americans since 9/11. Many of these killings have occurred during no-knock raids, which have risen by 4000% since the 1980s.

Iraqi insurgents, by comparison, have killed around 3,500 Americans in Iraq since 9/11 in Operation Iraqi “Freedom.”

It is not just Iraq. The number of Americans killed by police also now exceeds the number of Americans killed by Afghan insurgents.

Afghan insurgents have killed around 2,000 Americans in Afghanistan since 9/11 in Operation Enduring “Freedom.”

The police are getting paid with our money to go on shooting sprees and they are killing more of us than the terrorists from whom they “protect” us.

Do not be too surprised. This data is to be expected; it naturally fits with the fact that the State uses “counter-terrorism” as a means to oppress and initiate violence against the population. In fact, you are eight times more likely to be killed by a cop than by an actual “terrorist.”

Domestic violence is two-four times more common among police families than American families in general.

As of 2010 the compared data lifted from Cato’s NPMSRP shows that the reports of police committing sexual assault amounted to more than 2 times the reports in the entire general population.

If officer-involved killings were prosecuted as murder, the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by at least 472%. And these are only the reported incidents. The vast majority of police misconduct and abuse is unreported. Who knows what the actual total is.

While we’re at it, over a quarter of a billion human beings were killed by government last century alone, making government the leading cause of unnatural death in the 20th century. This doesn’t include casualties from all the wars that governments started to “protect” us.

The number of Americans in prison now exceeds the number of high school teachers and engineers. There are at least 7.3 million Americans locked in captivity or under federal control as you read this, the majority of whom are non-violent (for example, they were caught ingesting a plant that the government claims is “illegal”).

One in 25 Americans were arrested as of 2011. The number may be even higher now.

Friends, don’t listen to anybody who tells you it’s “just a few bad apples.” The whole barrel is rotten.

Link: filmingcops.com...
edit on 12-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All i can say is how the hell do you produce such incompetent, gun happy , brutal, yahoo police?

What sorts of idoits do you recruit? Do you even have police training?

My first hand experiance of NY was shall i say shocking. And from what i see on ATS i likely got some of the more proffesional ones!

At the very least you guys should disarm your police like the UK and have a small core of highly trained rapid responce armed police recruited from the best. That way your cops will have to use there brain first.
edit on 12-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

crazyewok
All i can say is how the hell do you produce such imcompetent, gun happy , brutsl, yahoo police?

My first hand experiance of NY was shall i saw shocking. And from what i see on ATS il likely got some of the more proffesional ones!

At the very least you guys should disarm your police like the UK and have a small core of highly trained rapid responce armed police recruited from the best. That way your cops will have to use there brain first.

the problem is multifold.

we are hiring recruits with an IQ of 88 or less (not kidding...well documented)
we are hiring soldiers coming back from many, many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan
we are pumping money into the police departments with federal funds
we are giving them military grade weapons and gear
we are letting them get away with the most outrageous abuses
we have made a "war" on things like drug use
and on and on and on

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The police lately, isn't for help people, they only know how to reprime people. I think the IQ of policeman must be change from the average. But maybe it's not suitable for the government.(sorry for grammar)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

And we have a string of Manchurian Candidates, the latest of whom declared our country a 'battlefield'.

Then, using actors, he tried to disarm us. We cannot even discuss this!

Because.... people died!

Now, what happens, on a battlefield?

Maybe Bambam will get us assassinated, this term.

# 152
edit on 12-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Wow

No wonder you have a big problems.

UK recruitment standards are high, most applicants allthough not required have degrees. And in my area at least recruits are drawn form the lower middle classes or from the well standing working class. Would be hard for a thug of IQ 88 to get even a interview! Also dont know about the US but they get very good pay too.

And ex soldiers? Well im sure a few would make good cops. But soldiering is not policeing!

Police are there to serve and help the law abiding public. Not act as a armed occupation force. And they should do there job through respect and proffesiolism not fear and bullets.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

crazyewok

Wow

No wonder you have a big problems.

UK recruitment standards are high, most applicants allthough not required have degrees. And in my area at least recruits are drawn form the lower middle classes or from the well standing working class. Would be hard for a thug of IQ 88 to get even a interview! Also dont know about the US but they get very good pay too.

And ex soldiers? Well im sure a few would make good cops. But soldiering is not policeing!

Police are there to serve and help the law abiding public. Not act as a armed occupation force. And they should do there job through respect and proffesiolism not fear and bullets.

it used to be that way in the USA....to be an officer was a huge thing and it was looked upon as a great service and high honor. Because of that...it attracted very level headed, mature and decent people. But now that has all changed....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Consider this. Take a relatively benevolent society, and then create an elite group to police them, with military training, tactics, weapons, etc. A massive hammer looking to bang down a nail.

Eventually, that hammer needs a nail to hit to justify their existence.

And overseas, where the training and tactics were developed, a bunch of nails popped up every time one was hammered down.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I see the report that you provided has no real stats, how many were justified? How many were suicide by cop? Just seems to be another cop bashing thread with no actual proof.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

TheWhiteKnight

And we have a string of Manchurian Candidates, the latest of whom declared our country a 'battlefield'.

What happens, on a battlefield?

Maybe Bambam will get us assassinated, this term.

# 152

I must admit....your response is a little coded....
I am not sure I am following you but it sound very interesting....and any time you just throw a number in there....well I am the curious type...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Its a shame. A huge one. There should a huge drive to go back to that.

Policeing should be a gentlemens proffesion not a hired goverment goons.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

thesaneone

I see the report that you provided has no real stats, how many were justified? How many were suicide by cop? Just seems to be another cop bashing thread with no actual proof.

many of the deaths in Iraq and other conflicts are not from actual battle either. Many are suicides and friendly fire and accidents.

but the article does give many stats like a 4000% increase in no-knock warrants since the 80's.....and we all know how those pan out.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

crazyewok

Its a shame. A huge one. There should a huge drive to go back to that.

Policeing should be a gentlemens proffesion not a hired goverment goons.
Hard to be a gentleman when the criminals act like animals.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

thesaneone

Well, I thought the strange case of officer Ian Birk was pretty well documented. He saw a man a-holding a knife, and didn't like it.

It doesn't get any sicker than this. Even the guy's voice is sick.

After 6-7 rounds were fired because wood carver John T. Williams didn't hear the orders to 'drop the knife', multiple pigs piled on the corpse, restraining him. The poor bastard was simply walking down the street, admiring something he had just purchased, in broad daylight!

Sick sick sick.

Remember that when you are browsing for a Swiss Army knife, for your kid. Or a BB gun, or anything that shines!

And there are dozens, if not hundreds of cases, just like it.

I include among my enemies, in this declared battlefield, the producers of 'COPS' and 'COPS RE-LOADED'.

They started the God damn fire. And they tend to the flames. Because as long as they hold the reins, and aren't being 'persecuted', then anything goes!

# 153

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

crazyewok
All i can say is how the hell do you produce such incompetent, gun happy , brutal, yahoo police?

My first hand experiance of NY was shall i say shocking. And from what i see on ATS i likely got some of the more proffesional ones!

the first question on the questionnaire states "would you be willing to shoot first and ask questions later"...only if the answer is yes do they get to move on the question 2

it would seem the whole " us verses them " is being played out and the police believe everyone is a criminal and should be treated accordingly

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

And that thinking is why you have a brutal bunch of yahoo running around the USA pretending to be police.

Sorry the police should be above that. THAT WHAT THERE HIRED TO DO! Protect ans serve the law abiding public! Not terrorise and threaten them!
Nor are they judge jury and executioner! They are there to ARREST law breakers and bring them to court ALIVE. Only if they are a direct threat to the lifes of the public or police themselfs should lethal force be used and even with the police life id say caustion should be used with lethal force as risk is there job.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know. US police seem to reley on there guns far too much. Wrong attitude for policing as it should be the absolute last tool a policeman should use. To use your gun should be a sign of faliure.

Policeing isnt soldering. Gun should be the least used tool.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
we are hiring soldiers coming back from many, many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan

I find this one hard to believe as a reason police are trigger happy. Maybe those vets turned
cops are more "no nonsense" but being trained previously with target assessment and escalation of force
I seriously doubt there is a high number of questionable shootings by these people

EDIT: i don't think street cops need to have anything more than a baton,tazer, and pepper spray since they can't seem to use common sense with their sidearms
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The police in Norway are not carrying guns.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Exactly. Leave the guns to the best and brighest cops.

Works pretty well in the UK. Ok we have one or two dodgy incidents were armed police have been overzeleous but its as rare as truth from a politician.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join