It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP: Ice, sleet, Snow in south and June climate on coast of Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Really. Here in Baton Rouge within four days we had Ice and Sleet storms that shut down the city and closed 1-10 East bound from Lafayette to New Orleans for 36 hours. That is roughly 130 mile of a vital stretch of Interstate Highway that stretches from the East coast to the West coast. Not a whole lot of ways around that because the farther north you go the worse it got, and there is no southern route unless you want to go thru the Panama Canal. H.A.A.R.P. is located in Alaska. The very place that the weather people say that this is the place where the "Arctic Vortex" is causing the deep incursion of cold weather. Cold weather is nothing new down here, but the energy generating systems making it all the way down here is new.
In Alaska, along the coast they are experiencing "June like temperatures and rain". There is hardly anything like normal snow along the coast. And lets not forget Atlanta's two severe ice storms. The second one is going down as I write this.
What do y'all think?
P.S. To those in Atlanta, and stay "toasty"!
edit on 12-2-2014 by Spader because: SPELLING

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Cold weather is nothing new down here, but the energy generating systems making it all the way down here is new.
In Alaska, along the coast they are experiencing "June like temperatures and rain".

This is due to arctic oscillation ...if the jet stream extends into one area, it will "oscillate" and retreat in another. Still it is a very unusual pattern this year. It's also odd the amount of ice storms that have occurred with freezing rain.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nothing to do with HAARP as far as I know. I think we are messing up the magnetic field of the earth by more than one exploitation. Notice that these areas of disaster are where the most fracking is happening. It may be just a coincidence but I think there is more to it than that. Of course, this will not be investigated, it would conflict with some big powers in the world and our desire for fuel.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Star & Flag, and thanks for making this thread!

Here in Memphis, it's become the talk of the town: What's with all this snow and ice...for the past few MONTHS!!

I did read about people in Alaska feeling it odd that they are getting unseasonably warm temps, and us southerners are getting unseasonable amount of ice and snow.

Sure, it snows in Memphis...ONCE A YEAR. Even then, it is only one day, and it may be accompanied by an ice storm.

However, ever since Winter Storm Cleon in December, that covered 3/4 of the country in ice and snow, we have seen snow fall (without accumalation) at least 3 days out of the week, each week since. Today, Georgia and North Carolina are in the midst of yet another Winter Storm.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
1. The Polar Vortex was first theorized in the mid to late 1800s and officially classified as a weather event in the 1950s.
2. Severe weather happens in the winter. Just because this winter is bad in some places does not mean it is abnormal.
3. People keep pointing out that Atlanta is some indication of something nefarious:

As of 2011 here are the 10 biggest snow storms in Atlanta

1) 7.9"......March 24, 1983
2) 5.8"......January 12-13, 1982 (became known as "Snowjam 82')
3) 5.0"......January 18-19, 1992
4) 4.6"......January 2-3, 2002
5) 4.4"......February 17-18, 1979 (all sleet/ ice pellets)
6) 4.2"......March 13, 1993 ("Blizzard of 93")
7) 4.2"......January 7-8, 1988 (sleet/ ice)
8 4.0"......March 10, 1960
9) 3.9"......February 1952
10) 3.6"....January 21-22, 1987
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago2810ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Yeah. Well. So what?
So what that 8 of them happened before HAARP existed? That don't mean nothin', man.
Those other 2, and this one? HAARP for sure!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

My little brother was born during the "blizzard" of '93. I live near Atlanta and have had no problems as of now, mostly due to back up generators and driving a Subaru along with a "prepper" mindset.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by opethPA

Yeah. Well. So what?
So what that 8 of them happened before HAARP existed? That don't mean nothin', man.
Those other 2, and this one? HAARP for sure!

Exactly! People don't care about history...and the lessons it can teach.

All they care about is that it is happening to them. Who cares about the past? That was then, this is now.

And it's bad man! Really bad!

top topics

join