It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone give the source of this photo of a secret society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The photo also appears on a site about the Thule society: topdefinitions.com...

"....Heinrich Himmler who, unlike Hitler, had a great interest in mysticism but the Schutzstaffel under Himmler emulated the structure of Ignatius Loyola’s Jesuit order rather than the Thule Society."

Now with the current Pope being a jesuit from South America and there is speculation that the 3rd Reich was alive and well in South America after 1945 could this mean that the new Pope will usher in the 4th Reich? hmm

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just right click on the photo and then click on "search google for this photo".

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a birth ritual. I wouldn't be surprised if it was thule, as mentioned.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I saw a variation of this image today on the latest hybrid librarian video

edit on 14-2-2014 by silveringking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is it something to do with that movie Iron sky?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Seeing the photo, I immediately recognized the symbolism & said to myself, "That's Parsifal".

Yes, I am a Freemason... But more relevant to this question, I am an opera singer.

The photo is tangentially connected to the Thule Society, at best.

Here's the deal:

1) The Opera:

Richard Wagner's opera "Parsifal" was first performed in 1882, at the 2nd Bayreuth Music Festival, in Germany. The opera is based on the poem by Wolfram von Eschenbach, and is the quintessential "Holy Grail" story.

In the part of the opera that this photo corresponds to, the 'Grail King' Amfortas, had been wounded in his genitals by the evil Klingsor many years before, using the spear that pierced Christ's side during the crucifixion. Klingsor then fled, stealing the spear.

Amforta's wound has never healed, he is in constant agony, is carried around on a 'litter' seat wherever he goes (in some productions, a bed), and the only thing that can cure his wound is to be touched by the spear which originally wounded him.

Each year on the day of the Last Supper, the Grail knights meet in the Grail Hall in the Grail Castle at Monsalvat (Spain), and are magically reinvigorated when they view the Grail. Amfortas is the only person who can wield the cup for the knights, but when he does so, his wound becomes excruciatingly painful.

2) Bayreuth:

The Bayreuth Festival was started by Richard Wagner during his lifetime, and Parsifal was not allowed to be performed anywhere else. (until it was smuggled out & performed by the Metropolitan Opera in New York in 1903)

Wagner had three kids, but his son, Siegfried, is the only one who had children of his own. Siegfried's widow was a fan of Hitler, and Hitler was a HUUUGE fan of Wagner's music, as it was a "perfect" example of Germanic culture. Moreover, Siegfried's children grew up knowing Hitler as "Uncle Wolf", but I digress.

Both of Siegfried's sons, (Wieland & Wolfgang) each ran the Bayreuth Festival respectively, until Wolfgang's retirement in 2008. (Wolfgang died in 2010.)

Here's where I make this all relevant:

The earliest reference to the photo above I've found is from the 1951 staging of Parsifal, by Wieland Wagner:
www.wagneroperas.com...

They used the same staging in 1964, and these photos were used for the recordings' covers:
rymimg.com...
hamjii.ivyro.net...

Here is a photo from a modern production:
4.bp.blogspot.com...

And a video from a recent Metropolitan Opera production:
www.youtube.com...

3) What you are looking at in the photo:

* The set is of the Grail Hall in the Grail Castle at Monsalvat.
* The knights have come together on the anniversary date of the Last Supper.
* The Grail Knights (who are also monks) each have a cup & bread before them for Communion.
* The Grail King, Amfortas, is sitting on his 'litter' chair before the Grail, with his head bowed in pain. (He may be beginning to stand up.)
* The Holy Grail is sitting upon the altar, covered. Amfortas has not unveiled it in the presence of the Grail Knights yet.

3) Conclusion:

There is NO connection between this photo and Freemasonry; just the opposite. The connection to the Thule Society is that the Society was obsessed with occult, the Holy Grail, anti-Semitism, and Germanic culture. In other words, the predecessor of the Third Reich.

In actuality, the Freemasons were persecuted, thrown into concentration camps, and murdered under the Nazi regime.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaaa....sorry. This is a scene from a particular production of Wagner's opera Parsifal. That's the Holy Grail there in the middle. Try googling "parsifal wagner" for a lot of similar images of similar sets, including this one. The circle of knights and the round stepped dais are typical.

Now Wagner is notorious for having been "taken up" posthumously by circles of antisemitic German nationalists and especially Hitler - and not without certain justification from hints of such themes in Wagner's writings, although Hitler's fandom was probably more aesthetic than ideological. But that would be why you also get this when googling Thule Society etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join