It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your back up plan ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
LL1

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Take a look at this map when considering your plans. The 17.5 mile radius is
instant death, while 50+ miles is a safer radius.

Remember wind direction is very important.

Taking either Potassium Iodide (KI) or Potassium Iodate (KIO3)
before exposure will saturate (fill up) a person's thyroid gland
with safe stable iodine so that there is no room for the uptake
of radioactive iodine. Once the thyroid is saturated, any additional
iodine (radioactive or stable) that is later inhaled or ingested is
quickly eliminated via the kidneys.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
how can you spot nukes ???????????????????????

LOl Big boom, plenty bright, plenty hot , i dont think you'll miss it! lmao

Not sure how downunder would fair as far as impact/s, We do (stupidly) have the american sub ground base at pine gap, might be a fair target. In any case mass pollution , radiation etc etc. What could you do? Suicide?
Id rather be at ground zero than face a post nuke world.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forlon
In 7 months I'll be done building my new basement. It has 2foot thick lead walls and will hold 10 years of storage. I just hope I do't need it before then.

Man, where are you going to get all of that lead? While not extremely exspensive, It's not that cheap. I've often thought of something like this but found that the amount of lead needed would be outrageously costly. Plus, I would have to keep it secret as I doubt my city would be to happy with me putting that much lead in the ground.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Back up plan???

My plan is to do whatever i wish until the fallout kills me.in the event i survive the initial blast

So if you have anything I want either run or hide

XL5

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Old car batteries would be cheap and you could use the better ones for energy storage.

If it did happen, you lived and could sustain your self, you could have "any thing" thats possible after that event! You could make the Thunder dome or rebuild a new world, thats not worth living for?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hope everyone has some sort of backup plan and keep your eye wide open. I felt something definitely terrible about to happen and it's approaching fast.

With the current political climate, nuke war will be unavoidable. The angry people, the stupid people and the ignorant mass will die out. And the new civilization will arise from ashes

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If me and my girlfriend survive, we will just take things as they come. I am good at stealing if need be. We have guns. I know something of survival. Who knows...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For those who are saying they will start a new world... Dont think the 'new world' will as it is now; it will be more like tribes, but it will take a while for that to develop... it will more than likely be every family for itself.

I feel as if im sorted for anything that comes up.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The worse thing that happened to America ever is not World War II, it is not even nuclear war, nuclear winter, nor is it all the chemical and biological wars already waged.

The Patriot Act and its subsequent tyranny is a permanent, lasting war against the people of the United States, under cover of responding to 911. Government talks about a 100 year war, bearing false witness to that tragedy. Invading countries that had nothing to do with 911, they will use any pretext or even dispense with pretexts and just do it. These elites who consider themselves above the laws, refuse for example camera tapes from 911 in addition to hundreds of other evidentiary points.

They have nothing for the wish list of tyranny they have produced in the name of a 100 year war but the most flimsy "proofs." That tyranny is only in its first stages, but you can already be taken away to never be heard from again under color of law.

So I submit to you that a permanent war against the people of the United States is being waged for profit, and you will have to pay for it. It is worse than nuclear war, something that would pass no matter how immediately bad. The black cloud of bad laws hangs over this country such as a sword of daemocles. These people have discretion to do whatever they want, but keep courage, that hideous monstrousity, the so called Patriot Act will be totally repealed, along with the domestic KGB called "Homeland Security."

If not, look to total nuclear war as our only limited hope, because these monsters will also crawl out the rubble to tyrannize you. The back up plan is escape to outer space, and with total safeguard against these tyrants, since they are bent upon destruction in the name of little pieces of paper they will persumably transport to outer space to hold with great greed and delight. They look to marginalize you even in outer space, to enslave you.

Avoid them at all costs, shun them! That is my argument, the "backup plan," is keep away from tyrants, a thousand light years as possible.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

XL5

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Heck, if it has to be tribes and being farmers, why not? With the knowledge we have now, we could still run some tech off of wind and solar and we could learn how to operate hydroplants. It wouldn't turn into a reallity show, there would either be big fights or none at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It would probally be basics and things that some people had left over, but the technology would take a while to get rebuilt, and I would say there would be small skirmishes over resources and especially water and food!!
Maybe ocassionally a big fight... but i would say mostly small skirmishes of resources, water and food.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
west texas, big bend national park area, nothing for miles and miles, and miles...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Duck tape, a few plastic tarps then duck and cover.

Stop drop and roll comes to mind too....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join