It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former red-light camera exec: Company bribed officials in 13 states.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Red-light camera firm bribed officials in 13 states, says fired sales exec.

A fired executive from a national red-light camera vendor claimed in an Arizona lawsuit that the company provided lavish gifts and bribes to government officials in 13 states to secure new contracts.

The New Jersey Star-Ledger reported Saturday that the bombshell allegations made a 13-page counterclaim by Aaron Rosenberg, former nationwide lead salesman for Redflex Traffic Systems of Phoenix, claimed that the firm “bestowed gifts and bribes on … officials in dozens of municipalities within, but not limited to the following states: California, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia.”

So, are these allegations true or is this a disgruntled employee?

Wouldnt surprise me if true though Im not sure why they needed to bribe anyone. Almost every government (local, county and state) is bankrupt or in some kind of financial trouble.

Rather than making spending cuts and taking responsibility for their financial crimes, they simply look for new ways to extort more money from the slaves.

In a nation of failed, criminal governments, seems like the cameras would sell themselves...

edit on 12-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
More tickets equals more money to the state, and counties.

Would not surprise me in the least if it was true.

That is what they call a 'win- win'.

They have to pay for them new 'police' cars some way.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Red-light cameras... Another government scheme to get money out of the citizenry while disguising it with slogans like protecting the public or making them safer. Stupid BS... Just like taxing cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I loathe scameras. Not to mention, they are not legal. You should see what goes on in my state.
The worst camera offender of them all.

Cameras rife with bogus claims

Some cameras had errors as high as 50%.

Morningside admits no calibration records, doesn't operate cameras

Maryland Law requires the following:

(3) A speed monitoring system operator shall fill out and sign a daily set–up log for a speed monitoring system that:
(i) States that the speed monitoring system operator successfully performed the manufacturer–specified self–test of the speed monitoring system prior to producing a recorded image;
(ii) Shall be kept on file; and
(iii) Shall be admitted as evidence in any court proceeding for a violation of this section.
(4) (i) A speed monitoring system shall undergo an annual calibration check performed by an independent calibration laboratory.
(ii) The independent calibration laboratory shall issue a signed certificate of calibration after the annual calibration check that:
1. Shall be kept on file; and
2. Shall be admitted as evidence in any court proceeding for a violation of this section.

Talk about blatantly breaking the law.

city issued speed ticket to motionless car

new topics

top topics

join