It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Has Not Measured Radiation Levels Since 2012: BC First Nations call for radiation tests NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011

RickinVa

teslahowitzer
reply to post by RickinVa

Im thinking there is more poop in the pile than they are telling us, you feel FIRMLY confident you are getting the whole truth, good for you....me, I have questions, you cant answer them, but those at tepco could, but will not...

I wouldn't trust Tepco as far as I could throw them.... but we have to go on what little information is available until we know otherwise.

The fact is I don't think we will know the "otherwise" because higher up officials will never want us to know the truth. Maybe one day Jesse Ventura will expose this truth or die trying....

When it comes to radiation, there is only so much they can hide. If they are leaking more than they say/think they are, then the levels in the ocean outside of the plant would continue to increase. I am sure there are other people out there monitoring the waters off of Japan. I would imagine Greenpeace or one of those groups would be actively monitoring the coastal waters off Japan... at least I hope someone is.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Can you dilute an unstable atom with water? Nope.

Right. You cannot dilute one atom. Talking about one atom is a specious point.
The one beta particle which that atom emits is not dangerous. Nor is the gamma radiation which that atom emits when it releases that beta particle.
felix.physics.sunysb.edu...

But if you have a lot of cesium atoms in a given volume the situation changes.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Phage

Can you dilute an unstable atom with water? Nope.

Right. You cannot dilute one atom. Talking about one atom is a specious point.
The one beta particle which that atom emits is not dangerous. Nor is the gamma radiation which that atom emits when it releases that beta particle.
felix.physics.sunysb.edu...

But if you have a lot of cesium atoms in a given volume the situation changes.

I agree. The more concentrated they are, the higher the readings and danger.

The whole thing with cesium being water soluble has been thrown up numerous times by a select few on these boards... they never bother to go on and explain what actually happens when cesium mixes with water because "water soluble" sounds so friendly, like the cesium is just going to simply dissolve and go away forever which is not what happens.

edit on R062014-02-13T01:06:41-06:00k062Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think the concern is bioaccumulation,"diluted" or not this stuff is going to end up in our bodies
don't ask me for the data,or the proof but if this stuff last for thousands of years,were eating it

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Some elements do accumulate. Strontium does, cesium doesn't.

While strontium has been added to seawater by the Fukushima disaster the levels are extremely low. Testing for strontium in fish in the Fukushima area have not shown detectable levels for many months and when it was detected they were far below those of cesium. This indicates that strontium is precipitating into the sediment of the seabed of the region rather than entering the food chain.

Pelagic fish, tuna in particular, do migrate from Japan to the eastern Pacific but once they leave the contaminated region they cease accumulating contamination. So, if you distrust the testing of those tuna, by all means don't eat tuna. But, if you are worried about other local seafood (like salmon or crustations) it's not as much of a concern because the dilution effect still occurs. A contaminated tuna (with low levels of contamination) dies in California waters and a crab or fish picks at the remains. Many crabs and fish pick at the remains, each consuming a bit of low level contamination. With each crab and fish that eats the remains, the concentration of contamination goes down. So what do you have? Starting with a low level of contamination in that fish, the level of contamination declines through the food chain, it does not increase.

In a location where the concentration level of contamination is high enough the situation is different. But the farther you get from the source of contamination, the concentration declines. Too close and you do get increasing concentrations. Five thousand miles of ocean away, you don't.

edit on 2/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

all2human
reply to post by Phage

I think the concern is bioaccumulation,"diluted" or not this stuff is going to end up in our bodies
don't ask me for the data,or the proof but if this stuff last for thousands of years,were eating it

Man made radiation has been bio accumulating for what now? 70 years or so...... the $64,000,000 question is.... how much is Fukushima going to add to that? For the foreseeable future, subject to change without notice, right now only off the coast of Japan near the plant. But not so much on the global scale of things that have already happened, nuclear testing, previous nuclear accidents, dumping of untold amounts of nuclear waste directly into our oceans....

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You are just "Honey",
the Troll is someone else

You need to learn to not put all Radioactive Emitter in to
the same Group, they are as different as we are,
some weak and stupid and others are smart and change
their Costume often, Duality is valid also for them!

I just dislike it when someone use wrong Information to
fulfill the own Agenda but Physics and Chemistry is not
working like so, you cant bend her!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

The biological Half Life of Caesium 137 is ca. 70 Days,
a Accumulation is possible only when you stay in the Plume!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think the consensus is that nuclear particle uptake will most definitely increase , and based on the reaction from world governments esp Japan of their willingness to avoid or falsify data, i completely understand the sense of distrust, that we are not nor will we get an accurate assesment of the increased risks to our health, i think ppl have a right to be concerned and should take steps to protect themselves,anybody who thinks this is no big deal is a fool,This was the biggest man-made disaster in history.
edit on 13-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

How was I rude?

In other words you are completely ignoring everything I said because...?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Not to mention the natural sources.

Not to mention that there is a more or less direct relationship between the level of radiation of a particular radionuclide and its half-life. The more dangerous contaminants don't last as long.

It's not a simple matter. And there aren't a lot of solutions, simple or otherwise.
But screaming and shouting sure isn't going to accomplish anything. I think we agree on that.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Phage

Not to mention the natural sources.

Not to mention that there is a more or less direct relationship between the level of radiation of a particular radionuclide and its half-life. The more dangerous contaminants don't last as long.

It's not a simple matter. And there aren't a lot of solutions, simple or otherwise.
But screaming and shouting sure isn't going to accomplish anything. I think we agree on that.

I tip my hat to you sir, you said it perfectly!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it.

David is a perennial target.

The list of groups CBC has now confirmed are undergoing audits reads like a who’s who in the environmental charity world. They include:
■The David Suzuki Foundation
■Tides Canada
■West Coast Environmental Law
■The Pembina Foundation
■Environmental Defence
■Equiterre
■Ecology Action Centre
Source

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

RickinVa

Skywatcher2011

RickinVa

teslahowitzer

Im thinking there is more poop in the pile than they are telling us, you feel FIRMLY confident you are getting the whole truth, good for you....me, I have questions, you cant answer them, but those at tepco could, but will not...

I wouldn't trust Tepco as far as I could throw them.... but we have to go on what little information is available until we know otherwise.

The fact is I don't think we will know the "otherwise" because higher up officials will never want us to know the truth. Maybe one day Jesse Ventura will expose this truth or die trying....

When it comes to radiation, there is only so much they can hide. If they are leaking more than they say/think they are, then the levels in the ocean outside of the plant would continue to increase. I am sure there are other people out there monitoring the waters off of Japan. I would imagine Greenpeace or one of those groups would be actively monitoring the coastal waters off Japan... at least I hope someone is.

Maybe Greenpeace decided it better not mess around in radioactive waters and quickly leave? Why would they monitor the oceans if they are not trained experts in dealing with radiation? Trained in freeing whales from fish nets yes, nuke disaster...no.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

We have Greenpeace here in Japan too,
they do their own Measurements and when
you use the Google Translator you can even read it:
Greenpeace Japan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join