It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: State Laws That Bar Felons From Voting Are ‘Too Unjust to Tolerate’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Couldn't agree more, nothing but clowns. All you can do is point and laugh.

I wish it was the "haha" kind of laugh instead of the "wtf is going on" kind of laugh...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

This thread aint about Wall Street.

'They crashed' You mean those people who were in Washington for Decades.

Like CLintons ending of Glass Stegall.

Back to the topic,and stick to it.

Which is Holder pandering for more Democrat votes.
edit on 12-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not absurd not paying attention to the last 2 American presidents ?

I try not to pay much attention to what American presidents do or say as much as I can so I may have missed something...

Yeah voting is more dangerous. It is.

Sorry but I can't see any logic on that view. Giving e a man a gun and another the right to vote and it is clear who of those men I would fear most. A vote only has meaning in an the expression of a group will, a gun gives the chance of a single individual to exert a level of expression that can impact a large group.

Nope . That applies to ALL felons. As that word has jack snip to do with skin color.

That would have only a meaning if we were completely blind to the realities of the US legal and prison system workings and demographics. Since I doubt that you are oblivious to those I can extrapolate you are being intentionally insincere...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
When you sign your felony agreement with the court you waive your constitutional rights.

The constituion only applys to those they want it to apply too.

Thats their trick to take all our rights, its not take it away its to decide who it applies too.

Its about time we stop this archaic idea.

Why is every sentence a life sentence? There is far more powerful weapons available to anyone with internet excess and a home depot. This afraid of someone with a gun idea is complete and utter nonsense.

Not letting 13+ million Americans vote is unAmerican.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by Cuervo

Do you actually think Felons do not own guns? They own plenty of them, mostly stolen as they can not buy a legal one. IMO the best guns to own are not on the books. Why? Because if they have to kill someone to avoid being killed it is a lot easier to get away with it. Where I live there is one neighbor about a mile away. If I have to shoot someone on the property they will NEVER find the body, we have a back hoes.

Now were I The feds I would give non violent felons all their rights back. Then they will own legal guns that ballistics can trace should a body be found.

Out of context, I can see why you would think my post was against felons getting guns. It was actually in response to Neo's post (which I should have quoted in full). If you read his post, you'll see what I was saying.

Neo was complaining that Holder was for giving felons voting rights but not gun rights. I was saying it's actually a step in that direction.

I agree that being a felon shouldn't bar you from anything since there are so many felonies that have nothing to do with violence. Besides, if you paid your debt to society, you should be a full citizen like everybody else.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh i forgot to mention.

We need to be careful how we appraoch these issues because this isn't about the felony laws its about the federal government telling the states what to do.

CAREFULL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by neo96

Oh i forgot to mention.

We need to be careful how we appraoch these issues because this isn't about the felony laws its about the federal government telling the states what to do.

CAREFULL!!!!!

Like American gun rights ?

Yeah they do need to be careful.

Since gun control is 'un American'.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hmm, restoring the first amendment to felons.

I would guess if they served their time, they're out... shouldn't be an issue.

Lincoln once said the following:

This is a world of compensations; and he who would be no slave, must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it.

and Jefferson:
No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.

edit on 12-2-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I try not to pay much attention to what American presidents do or say as much as I can so I may have missed something...

Yep.

Sorry but I can't see any logic on that view.

Really ?

What do you call the robbing,raping,pillaging of our own streets, then turning around doing it to other places around the world?

That isn't dangerous?

That would have only a meaning if we were completely blind to the realities of the US legal and prison system workings and demographics. Since I doubt that you are oblivious to those I can extrapolate you are being intentionally insincere

I agree Holders comments are intentionally insincere.

Restore All rights, not selectively.

The realities of the US legal, and prison system is they are made up of FELONS.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can't wait for this whole Administration to be over with.

Obama and his whole posse. Gitty up and GTFO.

It gets more evil by the day....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ya know, been thinking about this for a while now.

Don't see where in the original documents it states these rights are guaranteed to all, except felons that have served their sentences.

There is a reason for this.

Because if Felons are were not allowed to regain the rights that were removed due to incarceration, then the Govt could move to make as many people Felons as they wanted.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Booshka
I can't wait for this whole Administration to be over with.

Obama and his whole posse. Gitty up and GTFO.

It gets more evil by the day....

Before, I was looking forward to the 2016 election simply because it's going to be very interesting. But now... yeah, I'm looking forward to a post-Obama administration, too.

I'm not Bush weary of the administration yet but I'm heading there. Right now, it's about Bush Sr level of weariness.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Once you serve your time and make any restitution you are required to and are deemed safe to be released from incarceration, You should have ALL your rights restored....PERIOD!

If your safe enough to be released into the population then you should have the same rights as everyone else.

If your NOT deemed safe enough to be released without all these restrictions you shouldn't be released at all.

Keep the person locked up, execute them if bad enough crime or let them live their life free.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Because if Felons are were not allowed to regain the rights that were removed due to incarceration, then the Govt could move to make as many people Felons as they wanted.

They have already done this.

People are being punished, and rights denied who haven't even done anything wrong.

The biggest example of this is gun owners.

And it is especially apparent on ATF form 4:

www.atf.gov...

14a.

edit on 12-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

neo96

Cuervo
reply to post by neo96

Isn't allowing felons to vote a step towards those very same felons owning guns? For now, they don't have their own voice therefore it's not easy to change things regarding their lives.

Nope because of Holder, and his boss's and parties WELL KNOWN stance on gun ownership.

A step in the right direction would be, 'Felons deserve all of their rights to be restored'.

Holder's not going to be playing forever. What he's doing now will be good for pro 2nd amendment folks later on. There's no way they'll be able to carry out a full ban on guns in two years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that's not his intentions but the effects will be the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i just wanted to say I was convicted of assault on a correctional officer when I fought back after getting punched. Why should I lose my gun rights for the rest of my life? Constitutional rights are a joke. America is a joke.

love that the old avatar is back beezer.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
As a convicted felon, when I lived in Florida, they pretty much take ALL your rights away, and the ability to hold a professional license, yet youre expected to work and pay taxes. Never understood that...

Here in NC, I have ALL my rights restored, except the Second.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Taking this comment down, Ive said what I had to say.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Well said! If rights are to be restored, lets not be selective.

Lets restore ALL rights!

Quoting for truth.

If you're square with the house, you're square with the house.

Denying such results in slavery.

Derek

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

From the beginning when this man was appointed by Obama to his position he had and agenda, he is the fifth in his position that has lasted this long and when asked after 6 years of serving if he was going to step down, he very clear said that he had plans and that it was too much to be done.

When an appointee comes out with that kind of answer we should be very worry as those with agendas behind them are more dangerous than those that are open to them, what he have in mind is nothing more and nothing else than rewarding criminals for bad behavior, like amnesty is, but hell law abiding citizens are becoming the criminals this days for going against this type of behavior, coming from those that hold positions of power, then people wonder who are the ones that are really destroying America.

It seems that the party in power are doing anything they can to scrape votes one way or the other and they are really desperate.

edit on 12-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join