It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Service Dog, Owner Gets Citation at boy's birthday party. "Horrifying Video"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I didn't see a response to the the second half the quote, where I say the cop pulled the trigger not the owner. I may have missed it but I did't see me quote anything in regards to it either

And I said that you couldn't carry a convo on it a respectful manner because you misquoted me. I really don't appreciate when people quote but leave out half a sentence and then respond to it

As to being left outside as an infant, no my mom did not do that. I must have missed the infant part when I responded. The dog was no infant though. And if we are done with the kid stuff I am going to leave it at that since this should not even be part of the convo

So to make this short, for you in all comes down to responsibility of the owner it seems. He made a mistake, his dogs got out and lead to the cops getting called. That is his fault
Now cops arrives at scene, dogs kinda running around, at this point the cop responsibilities start as well. His responsibility is to take care of the matter in the most civil and just way possible.
Do you feel that he followed that? Did he adhere to his responisbilitiys? And are we not suppose to hold cops to a higher standard? That is why they ware the badge right?
The owner made a mistake and I guess broke a law.
The cop made a bigger mistake and should be considered breaking a law
Why is it the owners fault? What did he do to make the cop shoot the dog? He didn't sick the dog on him. Some one at his house let the dogs out.... And a cop scared of getting bit forgot all of his training and used the easiest way get rid of it. How responsible is that?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Sremmos80

I didn't see a response to the the second half the quote, where I say the cop pulled the trigger not the owner. I may have missed it but I did't see me quote anything in regards to it either

And I said that you couldn't carry a convo on it a respectful manner because you misquoted me. I really don't appreciate when people quote but leave out half a sentence and then respond to it

As to being left outside as an infant, no my mom did not do that. I must have missed the infant part when I responded. The dog was no infant though. And if we are done with the kid stuff I am going to leave it at that since this should not even be part of the convo

So to make this short, for you in all comes down to responsibility of the owner it seems. He made a mistake, his dogs got out and lead to the cops getting called. That is his fault
Now cops arrives at scene, dogs kinda running around, at this point the cop responsibilities start as well. His responsibility is to take care of the matter in the most civil and just way possible.
Do you feel that he followed that? Did he adhere to his responisbilitiys? And are we not suppose to hold cops to a higher standard? That is why they ware the badge right?
Why is it the owners fault? What did he do to make the cop shoot the dog? He didn't sick the dog on him. Some one at his house let the dogs out.... And a cop scared of getting bit forgot all of his training and used the easiest way get rid of it. How responsible is that?

The police officer was attacked by a dog and you think he shouldnt have shot the dog. in the video its quite clear the dogs agitated hes growling and keeps moving towards the officer. If you think a tail wag means the dogs playing your wrong dogs can wag their tail even as a warning to stay away or when agitated. A dog wagging his tail doesn't mean the dog was happy you have to read his entire body language. Was teeth bared yes did the officer feel threatened obviously do you think he should have waited to be bitten? Because the end result would be policeman going to hospital and the dog being put down anyway. This isnt the officers fault this lies squarely on the owner had he kept his dogs under control the officer wouldnt even have been there. Somebody obviously felt the dogs were a threat or the officer wouldnt have been called to the scene in the first place.Im betting the dogs chased someone and they called the police.

And just so you know i have a husky his tale always wags even if he was about to have you for lunch.
edit on 2/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

dragonridr

The police officer was attacked by a dog

Not hardly!

This is what being attacked by a dog(s) looks like. A well deserved attack IMO.

edit on 18-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

dragonridr

Was teeth bared yes

Dog's bark as a way of communication. And yes, you may see teeth when they bark.

When you talk are your teeth bared?
edit on 18-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

dragonridr

Sremmos80

The police officer was attacked by a dog and you think he shouldnt have shot the dog. in the video its quite clear the dogs agitated hes growling and keeps moving towards the officer. If you think a tail wag means the dogs playing your wrong dogs can wag their tail even as a warning to stay away or when agitated. A dog wagging his tail doesn't mean the dog was happy you have to read his entire body language. Was teeth bared yes did the officer feel threatened obviously do you think he should have waited to be bitten? Because the end result would be policeman going to hospital and the dog being put down anyway. This isnt the officers fault this lies squarely on the owner had he kept his dogs under control the officer wouldnt even have been there. Somebody obviously felt the dogs were a threat or the officer wouldnt have been called to the scene in the first place.Im betting the dogs chased someone and they called the police.

And just so you know i have a husky his tale always wags even if he was about to have you for lunch.

Where was the officer attacked? He was never physically touched... He may have been emotionally attacked..
The dog is probably agitated because it was kicked or somehow physically hit as the officer gets out of the car. That same car that he had told the owner he could not get out of because of he dogs. If he is not able to get out of his car, why is animal control not dispatched? If it is not the officers job to care of a out of control dog then why is he putting him self in an unnecessary situation to be forced to deal with it? If he is stuck in his car, why not use his sirens and the PA to see if he can get the attention of the owner. Most people understand those sounds, especially when they are coming from right out side your house.
The cop chose to get out and makes one more attempt to attack the dog before he shot it, skipping his baton, pepper spray and taser. He still has to follow his escalation of force, just because it is an animal does not mean that goes out the window.
He made no attempt to allow the owner to rectify his mistake before he took the life of the dog, last time I checked that is not how police work is. His job was to solve the complaint in this case, get the at large dogs under control if not him then some one trained to do so and issue the owner a citation or another penalty that the officer sees fit AFTER he has solved the original complaint.

There is no way from that video that the dog was bearing teeth, unless you have some super high def version which i want you to please show me.
The dog was barking, some growling or muffled barks hard to tell, and jumping back and forth, hardly the behavior of a dog getting ready to attack. Absolutely the behavior of a protective dog. I bet any person this dog does not know gets a similar reaction. I worked door to door sales for years, countless interactions with dogs. Many like this, not that hard to get by and happy to say I have never been bit. Now if the dog stops moving, hair stands up, no more barking just teeth showing with a real low growl straight tail and the dreaded whale eye, those are the dogs you don't want to touch. Outside super vision and being able to see the "teeth" on this vid I don't see matching characteristic
The cop was able to gain ground on the dog, another thing a dog that is going to attack will not let you do. Only a dog that gets backed into a corner will attack you in that situation.
This cop was scared, something cops should be able to control, he wasn't even in fear for his life. By his own admission he did not want to go to the ER again. Last time he was there he had to spend the whole night, my gosh

Oh and thank you for proving the point, your husky has yet to actually maul or attack any one correct? When you see you dog do that do you think oh know it is about to attack? Or do you know it is just doing what it is doing to be protective? Would your husky automatically not do that to an unknown police officer that was walking up to you/ your house? And in this example your husky is in your front yard by itself as is this dog in the video.
edit on thTue, 18 Feb 2014 19:44:12 -0600America/Chicago220141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I was wondering about that "super high def version" myself!

I have "turbo vision" and didn't see one sign of teeth bared.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Sremmos80

dragonridr

Sremmos80

Where was the officer attacked? He was never physically touched... He may have been emotionally attacked..
The dog is probably agitated because it was kicked or somehow physically hit as the officer gets out of the car. That same car that he had told the owner he could not get out of because of he dogs. If he is not able to get out of his car, why is animal control not dispatched? If it is not the officers job to care of a out of control dog then why is he putting him self in an unnecessary situation to be forced to deal with it? If he is stuck in his car, why not use his sirens and the PA to see if he can get the attention of the owner. Most people understand those sounds, especially when they are coming from right out side your house.
The cop chose to get out and makes one more attempt to attack the dog before he shot it, skipping his baton, pepper spray and taser. He still has to follow his escalation of force, just because it is an animal does not mean that goes out the window.
He made no attempt to allow the owner to rectify his mistake before he took the life of the dog, last time I checked that is not how police work is. His job was to solve the complaint in this case, get the at large dogs under control if not him then some one trained to do so and issue the owner a citation or another penalty that the officer sees fit AFTER he has solved the original complaint.

There is no way from that video that the dog was bearing teeth, unless you have some super high def version which i want you to please show me.
The dog was barking, some growling or muffled barks hard to tell, and jumping back and forth, hardly the behavior of a dog getting ready to attack. Absolutely the behavior of a protective dog. I bet any person this dog does not know gets a similar reaction. I worked door to door sales for years, countless interactions with dogs. Many like this, not that hard to get by and happy to say I have never been bit. Now if the dog stops moving, hair stands up, no more barking just teeth showing with a real low growl straight tail and the dreaded whale eye, those are the dogs you don't want to touch. Outside super vision and being able to see the "teeth" on this vid I don't see matching characteristic
The cop was able to gain ground on the dog, another thing a dog that is going to attack will not let you do. Only a dog that gets backed into a corner will attack you in that situation.
This cop was scared, something cops should be able to control, he wasn't even in fear for his life. By his own admission he did not want to go to the ER again. Last time he was there he had to spend the whole night, my gosh

Oh and thank you for proving the point, your husky has yet to actually maul or attack any one correct? When you see you dog do that do you think oh know it is about to attack? Or do you know it is just doing what it is doing to be protective? Would your husky automatically not do that to an unknown police officer that was walking up to you/ your house? And in this example your husky is in your front yard by itself as is this dog in the video.
edit on thTue, 18 Feb 2014 19:44:12 -0600America/Chicago220141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

I would never allow my dog in the front yard without me being there why because i am aware by dog could bite someone. Dogs have there own feelings and try as we might we cant predict how they will react. When he meets new people im there and if i see behavior that i think maybe a problem the dog goes into my room. He has shown dislike for guests i have had over and others he loves i never can tell who he will or wont like. Have a friend my dog cant stand dont know why but he will growl at him every time he sees him. LB my dog loves kids however again i am cautious when my son brings over new friends just to see how he interacts. This is what responsible dog owners do make sure people and there dog remain safe.A dog growling is always a warning you hear the dog at that point he is warning the officer probably protecting his property or saw the officer as a threat but again just might not liked him either. However the dog was not being friendly in that video.As far as why the police officer got out the car if he was called to the scene because of the dogs than him staying in the car would be stupid. In most cases small towns dont have animal control just so you know the police handle that job only big cities with huge budgets have animal control. In small towns they may call the local vet but more often than not its the police that handle it.

The officer was called to the scene because the dogs were running loose he would as part of his job attempt to contact the owner. Now im not sure if i were there if i would have needed to shoot the dog because most dogs love me.But the key is im not afraid of dogs either and if you fear them they know it which can lead to very aggressive behavior.Especially when dealing with more than one dog. The officer felt threatened and decided the dogs were working up the courage to attack him it was his call.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

Yep that's what an attack looks like... No warning no growling just chomp.... I'm betting that punk will not be throwing bricks at dogs again in the near future

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

dragonridr

Sremmos80

dragonridr

Sremmos80

I would never allow my dog in the front yard without me being there why because i am aware by dog could bite someone. Dogs have there own feelings and try as we might we cant predict how they will react. When he meets new people im there and if i see behavior that i think maybe a problem the dog goes into my room. He has shown dislike for guests i have had over and others he loves i never can tell who he will or wont like. Have a friend my dog cant stand dont know why but he will growl at him every time he sees him. LB my dog loves kids however again i am cautious when my son brings over new friends just to see how he interacts. This is what responsible dog owners do make sure people and there dog remain safe.A dog growling is always a warning you hear the dog at that point he is warning the officer probably protecting his property or saw the officer as a threat but again just might not liked him either. However the dog was not being friendly in that video.As far as why the police officer got out the car if he was called to the scene because of the dogs than him staying in the car would be stupid. In most cases small towns dont have animal control just so you know the police handle that job only big cities with huge budgets have animal control. In small towns they may call the local vet but more often than not its the police that handle it.

The officer was called to the scene because the dogs were running loose he would as part of his job attempt to contact the owner. Now im not sure if i were there if i would have needed to shoot the dog because most dogs love me.But the key is im not afraid of dogs either and if you fear them they know it which can lead to very aggressive behavior.Especially when dealing with more than one dog. The officer felt threatened and decided the dogs were working up the courage to attack him it was his call.

Sounds like a great dog that would do the same thing the dog above, you can say you would never let your dog out of your sight but things happen, never say never is a two way street. Like when there is a B-day party going on at your house. So again, if your dog was acting the way it was in your front yard and the dog shot it with out making any other attempt to take care of it, you would take all the blame?
The owner was irresponsible for the dog getting out, I have never said that he wasn't. It seems it may have been possibly due to the party going on at the house, seems possible a child left the door open right IMO.
I am not asking for the cop to stay in his car for 30 min, I am asking for an extra 5. He said he could not get out of his car due to the dogs, why did he not make an attempt from inside the car to get a hold of the home owner to get the dogs with the available tools he had? I guess that would require critical thinking, something he was lacking at the moment .
Would not be "stupid" for him to take that extra 5 min it actually could have solved the entire problem, dogs are off the street and the owner is right there and ready to talk to and the dog lives
If he didn't have animal control then it is his job to control these animals, shooting them is not the way to control them.
I missed you response on my his baton, pepper spray or taser would not have sufficed in getting this dog to back off..

This officer generated the the threat and then got scared because he handled these dogs completely wrong, and he didn't want to get bit. He puts the uniform on every shift knowing there is a chance that he may get shot so by the that logic he should be allowed to lead with his gun on every altercation... Did you see the other issue that was brought up about this officer?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by MrLimpet

Yep that's what an attack looks like... No warning no growling just chomp.... I'm betting that punk will not be throwing bricks at dogs again in the near future

No barking or wagging tails either.

They were probably thinking; "ok AH, I've had about enough of you"!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

A dogs tail wagging means excitement,

If a dog has aggression their tail will be stiff and straight or curled up mostly.

This isnt the officers fault this lies squarely on the owner had he kept his dogs under control the officer wouldnt even have been there.

Sorry but everyone is responsible for their own actions,

the idiot owner needs not to be explained,

however the cop had many other options based on his past experiences, it seems he had no control over his actions and acted on instinct like the dogs did and allowed fear to control his actions, that is not police officer material.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So to make this short, for you in all comes down to responsibility of the owner it seems. He made a mistake, his dogs got out and lead to the cops getting called. That is his fault Now cops arrives at scene, dogs kinda running around, at this point the cop responsibilities start as well. His responsibility is to take care of the matter in the most civil and just way possible. Do you feel that he followed that? Did he adhere to his responisbilitiys? And are we not suppose to hold cops to a higher standard? That is why they ware the badge right? The owner made a mistake and I guess broke a law. The cop made a bigger mistake and should be considered breaking a law Why is it the owners fault? What did he do to make the cop shoot the dog? He didn't sick the dog on him. Some one at his house let the dogs out.... And a cop scared of getting bit forgot all of his training and used the easiest way get rid of it. How responsible is that?

For me it all comes down to being the fault of the owner, yes , responsibility, no. Both men have responsibilities that they both failed at.

I already gave my opinion that both share responsibilities for their actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

And then to boot after killing his service dog this peice of work has the balls to issue a citation..couldnt just leave it at "sorry i killed your dog"..real hereos at work these days.

edit on 19-2-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

But yet you call the owner an idiot in the post above mine... The only idiot that day was the cop, the owner was at the most irresponsible for not paying attention to the door more with the party going on, IMO his fault/responsibility ends there. I doubt in the back of his head he had the idea that if his dogs got out they would be shot by the cops. I now have to think that and that is just sad IMO. Just using the reasoning well if you don't want it to happen don't let your dogs out of your sight. Why can't we just get rid of the cops shooting all the dogs? If the dog attacked someone else then yes it would be entirely his fault, his dog did not attack anyone. The dog was the one that got attacked, why is the owner the idiot when it it was his dog that was attacked?

however the cop had many other options based on his past experiences, it seems he had no control over his actions and acted on instinct like the dogs did and allowed fear to control his actions, that is not police officer material.

I do see that you addressed the officer butchered this, why doesn't he get the idiot title?
edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 12:32:11 -0600America/Chicago220141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

why is the owner the idiot when it it was his dog that was attacked?

Because the owner should have been protecting his animals and by protecting from these types of scenarios one must take precautions.

and because I said so.

If you think he is not you are free to think so,

I doubt in the back of his head he had the idea that if his dogs got out they would be shot by the cops.

Ignorance is never good excuse,

With the amount of this type of happening in the US the owner was brain dead in my opinion and not thinking or simply didn't care one bit for his dogs which is most likely seeing his reactions.

Just using the reasoning well if you don't want it to happen don't let your dogs out of your sight.

I don't when I am in public, I love my dog and would protect her like a Father would protect his daughter.

ON private property, its a different story.

Why can't we just get rid of the cops shooting all the dogs?

because each incident is separate has a separate set of circumstances leading up to and during the incidents.

But I agree with amount its happening something will have be done.

Last year or the year before I read a story here on ATS at a time when there a few of these incidents happening that there one incident where the Cop came of pretty bad as well because he shot a mans dog in his yard fro being aggressive the man went inside and got a shotgun and let the cop have it.

Each incident is separate and cannot be compared to another or the same punishments cannot be handed down across the board because each has their own set of circumstances.

I do see that you addressed the officer butchered this, why doesn't he get the idiot title?

Because his is far more vulgar and would get me a slap on the wrist.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This man was irresponsible for his dog being out side, the man was not responsible for the cop pulling the trigger.
We are on two sides of the fence on this one
The cop being a terd seems to be common between us so that I happy for.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

So to make this short, for you in all comes down to responsibility of the owner it seems. He made a mistake, his dogs got out and lead to the cops getting called. That is his fault Now cops arrives at scene, dogs kinda running around, at this point the cop responsibilities start as well. His responsibility is to take care of the matter in the most civil and just way possible. Do you feel that he followed that? Did he adhere to his responisbilitiys? And are we not suppose to hold cops to a higher standard? That is why they ware the badge right? The owner made a mistake and I guess broke a law. The cop made a bigger mistake and should be considered breaking a law Why is it the owners fault? What did he do to make the cop shoot the dog? He didn't sick the dog on him. Some one at his house let the dogs out.... And a cop scared of getting bit forgot all of his training and used the easiest way get rid of it. How responsible is that?

For me it all comes down to being the fault of the owner, yes , responsibility, no. Both men have responsibilities that they both failed at.

I already gave my opinion that both share responsibilities for their actions.

Theres no shared responsibility first i can tell you the man lied the dogs didnt just get out like he stumbled out to the officer in explanation.The man knew who called the cops meaning they had done it before meaning those dogs either a get out alot and he takes no precautions or b he allows them out. Now the neighbor must see the dogs as some kind of threat to even bother to call the police growing up my neighbor had a dog rusty and he used to come over and visit. We didnt mind he was a friendly dog that liked to play catch. So police are dispatched to the scene upon pulling up in the street mind you 2 dogs are sitting in the street not allowing the officer out of his car. This is probably the reason the police were called in the first place neighbors scared because the dogs are obviously roaming the streets. And obviously brave enough to corner the officer in his car. Being his duty however he has to suck it up and get out the car, most likely didnt want to and would have prefered to leave but he couldnt and if he called for backup because of a dog would probably be teased for years.

So he muscles up the courage to exit the vehicle but notice he actually retreats to across the street hes no longer close to his own vehicle. We hear growling and know the dogs arent happy. So the policeman says ok i need to get to the owner to get these dogs tied up before someone gets hurt. Again the dogs attempt to block his path the one the officer shoots isnt even the most aggressive one of the two. In no way could the police officer prevented anything that occurred up to the point the dog was shot that was his one and only decision. However the owner could have prevented the entire incident from occurring and as i said this is obviously not the first time. And police dont put these calls on priority so those dogs were running around a long time.But by the logic used in this thread we can blame the neighbor for calling the cops which led to the dogs shooting.

This is the problem now no one accepts personal responsibility the owner was negligent allowed his dogs to run around. He cant blame the cops or his neighbor for calling them its his fault.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Now the neighbor must see the dogs as some kind of threat to even bother to call the police growing up my neighbor had a dog rusty and he used to come over and visit.

You don't know that, for all you know it could have been a new neighbor that didn't know the dog. It could have very well been the hood rusty

And obviously brave enough to corner the officer in his car. Being his duty however he has to suck it up and get out the car, most likely didnt want to and would have prefered to leave but he couldnt and if he called for backup because of a dog would probably be teased for years.

Brave enough to corner the police car like they can tell the difference between his and another? It was one dog that came up to the door, you can see the dark brown one in the dash cam as he is opening the door. So there was a dog by the door that he hit with the door when he got out. Then kicked at the other one...I wonder why these dogs didn't like him.

Now again, as pointed out in the post you skipped. If he takes 5 extra min, not 30 not drive away( cause that is a logical solution...) 5 extra min to use his PA to try and get the dogs owner before he "muscles up the courage" to get out of his car.

But actually don't bother responding to anything of mine any more

In no way could the police officer prevented anything that occurred up to the point the dog was shot that was his one and only decision.

This says it all, the officer had MANY other options outside of shooting the dog. He failed to use any before the altercation and he failed to use any during the altercation.

You can not prove that this was not the first time it happened where it has been proven on this thread that this officer has an itchy trigger finger
The owner was in fault and deserved a ticket and maybe a date in court to prove he had made the effort to stop the incident form happening again.. That is what peace officers are there for. To resolve issues peacefully, seems that gets forgot now a days and they are able to blame every one else for their failure to do so.

edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 17:06:00 -0600America/Chicago220140080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join