It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Service Dog, Owner Gets Citation at boy's birthday party. "Horrifying Video"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

gariac

FraggleRock
reply to post by gariac

More like if people want their dogs to live then rein in law enforcement. Case closed. As I've said before, this officer would have most likely still shot and killed this dog even had it been behind a fence. So the fact these dogs were out in the yard without a leash is not even remotely the biggest issue here.

That is your opinion, but it has little basis in reality.

Further, the dogs had strayed way beyond the yard. That was the basis of the call.

If the dog killed a child and the parents found out there was a 911 call and the police did nothing, the city would be sued. The cop did his job. Loose dangerous animal problem terminated. Save the pepper spray for the idiot dog owner.

If you look at the video, the cop went beyond the call of duty giving the dog a kick. One mistake and the cop could have been bitten.

There are plenty of examples of police abuse on Posse Comitatus. This isn't one of them.

dangerous labrador that goes round killing kids ? its a lab not Cujo....

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

My hypothetical was in jest. I figure since people find it necessary to defend this officers actions using what if scenarios then I'd play along.

No this officer did not do a fine job. Discharging of his service firearm in a situation that didn't call for it is not fine police work. And the owner isn't responsible for the officer being incapable of handling the stresses of his chosen occupation. The only thing the owner was responsible for was containing his dogs. Yes, he failed at that. That doesn't warrant the murder of the non contained dog that was posing no threat to the officer. So I will continue to take my grievances up with the officer.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

That has nothing to do with this cop killing this dog.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

Reason the police where called out: complaints of dogs running at-large

1. Why didn't the police call animal welfare to assist with handling the dogs.
2. Why did the police officer get out of their car when it was obvious that he thought the dogs was a risk.
3. Why didn't the police obtain the phone number of the resident, and asked the owners to contain the dogs.

Plain senseless killing with no evidence of planning to prevent this from happening.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
While I think the cop overreacted and should have called animal control, I blame the owner more. I am sick of lazy, piece of trash owners letting their dogs run amok and endangering not only the animal, but other people as well. I don't care how much a person claims "my dog would never hurt a fly". Dogs turn quite often, hence we have stories of people being mauled by "friendly" dogs. Now the dog is dead because the owner is a piece of crap. The fact that the cops were called out tells me someone else in the hood thought these dogs were a big enough problem. I've been chased and nearly attacked by dogs that were left free to roam by their owners, who were often pieces of white trash sitting sitting around, knowing the dogs were running amok unfenced and unleashed, and didn't care that they chased or harassed people walking by their houses. Were I being approached by an aggressive dog, I'd probably shoot it too rather than risk getting mauled.

I agree with other posters. If this dog was indeed a service animal, he should have been kept better. You don't let expensive dogs like that run loose. Now the dog is dead. Because the owner was a piece of crap. I hope animal control comes and takes his other dogs away, seeing how he obviously has no responsibility in taking care of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
While I think the cop overreacted and should have called animal control, I blame the owner more. I am sick of lazy, piece of trash owners letting their dogs run amok and endangering not only the animal, but other people as well. I don't care how much a person claims "my dog would never hurt a fly". Dogs turn quite often, hence we have stories of people being mauled by "friendly" dogs. Now the dog is dead because the owner is a piece of crap. The fact that the cops were called out tells me someone else in the hood thought these dogs were a big enough problem. I've been chased and nearly attacked by dogs that were left free to roam by their owners, who were often pieces of white trash sitting sitting around, knowing the dogs were running amok unfenced and unleashed, and didn't care that they chased or harassed people walking by their houses. Were I being approached by an aggressive dog, I'd probably shoot it too rather than risk getting mauled.

I agree with other posters. If this dog was indeed a service animal, he should have been kept better. You don't let expensive dogs like that run loose. Now the dog is dead. Because the owner was a piece of crap. I hope animal control comes and takes his other dogs away, seeing how he obviously has no responsibility in taking care of them.

just the response i would expect from a cat owner and clearly dog hater...you go on about this owner and calling him names like a child in a school ground....seriously do u think it was possible the owner was distracted as he was looking after children at a party?,...sometimes i read posts in these forums and walk away shaking my head in disbelief your post did just that

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So the owner is berated and called a piece of crap in your post but the cop isnt.... Again the cop KILLING something gets over shadowed with all these what if this and what if that... All of that didn't happen. The door got left open due the childs bday party, and a cop kicked it once and then tried to kick it again and then shot him. But it is the owners fault.

The cop told the owner he could not even get out of his car, so why did he do it? Isn't he putting him self in an unnecessary position if he is untrained to handle the "vicious" dogs

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

just the response i would expect from a cat owner and clearly dog hater...you go on about this owner and calling him names like a child in a school ground....seriously do u think it was possible the owner was distracted as he was looking after children at a party?,...sometimes i read posts in these forums and walk away shaking my head in disbelief your post did just that

I own no pets, cat or dog, thank you very much. Nor do I hate animals. Just the humans too stupid to own them. I'd not make such childish assumptions when you don't know what you are talking about. Your foot was not designed to fit in your mouth.

Just the response I would expect from someone who obviously doesn't believe his pets are his responsibility, and doesn't get why people might take offense to being growled at, chased at, or attacked by an unleashed dog.

I doubt he was that distracted. If he was, maybe he should not own pets since he can't seem to take care of them properly. He'd be responsible if he left his gun out somewhere in the open, and some kid shot themselves with it, regardless if he was too "distracted" to remember where he left it, or that he had it out.

If you own a pet, you are responsible for all its behavior. If you can't keep track of the pet or control your pet, you should not own one, period.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Sremmos80

So the owner is berated and called a piece of crap in your post but the cop isnt.... Again the cop KILLING something gets over shadowed with all these what if this and what if that... All of that didn't happen. The door got left open due the childs bday party, and a cop kicked it once and then tried to kick it again and then shot him. But it is the owners fault.

The cop told the owner he could not even get out of his car, so why did he do it? Isn't he putting him self in an unnecessary position if he is untrained to handle the "vicious" dogs

Yes, the owner is a piece of crap.

Lets see....

If the dog was out running around the street, and jumped out in front of a car before the driver could stop and was hit, it would not be the driver's fault the dog was killed. It's the owner's fault for letting the dog run amok. The dog should not be running around outside to begin with.

The fact that all four dogs were running around outside says a lot.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Sremmos80

Yes, the owner is a piece of crap.

Lets see....

If the dog was out running around the street, and jumped out in front of a car before the driver could stop and was hit, it would not be the driver's fault the dog was killed. It's the owner's fault for letting the dog run amok. The dog should not be running around outside to begin with.

The fact that all four dogs were running around outside says a lot.

What do cars have to do with this situation? If it was a car I would be on a different side since the car could not do much.
This cop had many options outside his sweet karate show before killing the dog. Why is he not a piece of crap for at least trying to not kill the dog. He can not go to his gun that fast on a person, what is the difference? A dog can not kill you any faster than a person can.

He was the one that physically hit the dog first, the dog never bit or nipped him, the cop couldn't even hit him with the second kick because the dog was jumping back. The dog was being threatened, the dog was not being aggressive, it was being protective. The cop was able to gain ground on it, the dog continued to jump backwards. All you have to do is keep walking and not pay attention to the dog. Been there 100 times, never been bit and never had to attack a dog let alone kill one
edit on thTue, 18 Feb 2014 01:15:27 -0600America/Chicago220142780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I own no pets, cat or dog, thank you very much. Nor do I hate animals. Just the humans too stupid to own them. I'd not make such childish assumptions when you don't know what you are talking about. Your foot was not designed to fit in your mouth.

Just the response I would expect from someone who obviously doesn't believe his pets are his responsibility, and doesn't get why people might take offense to being growled at, chased at, or attacked by an unleashed dog.

I doubt he was that distracted. If he was, maybe he should not own pets since he can't seem to take care of them properly. He'd be responsible if he left his gun out somewhere in the open, and some kid shot themselves with it, regardless if he was too "distracted" to remember where he left it, or that he had it out.

If you own a pet, you are responsible for all its behavior. If you can't keep track of the pet or control your pet, you should not own one, period.

clearly you have no children either....so the fact remains remains you have no idea what you are talking about.....your attitude is sad and perhaps you should gain a few years of wisdom before spouting your intolerance of others....the dog did not deserve to be shot...period

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

clearly you have no children either....so the fact remains remains you have no idea what you are talking about.....your attitude is sad and perhaps you should gain a few years of wisdom before spouting your intolerance of others....the dog did not deserve to be shot...period

Nope, no kids either. I certainly see plenty of parents with out of control kids running amok as well, injuring themselves. And parents want to blame store/property owner/city for their kid's injury when the stupid parent should have been watching the kid in the first place and preventing them from injuring themselves. Similar principle.

If a person can't handle the responsibility of being a pet owner or a parent, they should not be one. And too many people are either who shouldn't be. Roads are lined with dead pets, and shelters filled with unwanted animals, because there are too many idiots out there who can't take proper care of their pets. And the animals suffer the consequences.

I'd much rather their owners be properly punished instead, but sadly, this seldom happens.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

God forbid they make a mistake and a trigger happy dog fearing cop is around. that really isnt that bad of person compared to the scum of the earth dog owner.
Can you source another incident of the owner and his dogs being outside?
Because this cop doesn't have a great record with his firearm

edit on thTue, 18 Feb 2014 01:35:05 -0600America/Chicago220140580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

What is your response to the other part of the sentence?

Seriously?

Are you reading only parts of my posts and replying.

The other part of the sentence I already gave my opinion to twice in 2 separate posts, 1 in reply to you and then you actually quoted what you want answered in a reply back to me.

I am done responding to anything you have to say as you are unable to carry on a conversation in a respectable manner

Respectable?

Where have I been disrespectful other than my opinion of the police officer?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I spent many hours alone outside in my childhood, my mom left me to my own accord all the time and here I am typing this post.

As an infant? that was the question asked of you back on page 3 and you answered that the only reason for the infant being kidnapped was because of the kidnapper.

In that scenario ( an infant child left alone on the street by its guardian) the kidnapper is to blame like I said for the actual kidnapping but there would be no child there to kidnap if the infants guardians didn't leave the child there unsupervised.

So the guardians failed and would need take some responsibility as it was their actions that lead to that kidnapping.

Parents can not control what happens outside, so yes it is the fault of the person that took the child for the kidnapping as before that the child was just outside playing.

Any parent leaving an infant child unsupervised even in the comfort of their own home is irresponsible in my opinion.

If you are at your home in your neighborhood then you shouldn't have to worry about EVERYTHING, that is the point.

Everything?

If you have pets or children you are responsible for there are some basic things you should think about, not everything but somethings.

I want to be able to leave my friendly dogs outside with out the fear of a scared cop coming along and shooting them because one person shared the unwarranted worry/fear

Well go back to sleep and you might dream about that perfect world.

There is too much diversity that in a more populated area a dog owner must be cautious as some people really have fear or hatred of dogs and this will lead to problems if you haven't taken precautions to keep your dog on your property.

Sounds like the answer you are looking for is never let dogs or people outside unsupervised or they can get hurt or killed and it will be entirely your fault...

No,

The fault goes to those responsible and those that held responsibilities to see these things not occurring if it can be helped.

I am an anarchist and believe in personal responsibility and knowing what effects your actions cause.

Please use any example as being in the front yard or neighborhood since that is where this event took place and that is where my example is coming from

Front yard or neighborhood.

Front yard = private property does it not?

Neighborhood = The public streets, footpaths and parks if any in the local area does it not?

The dogs got out, they came around to the side of the cop car on the street, the owner would have known or heard it from before that lead to a call to the police so he could have avoided it if he lived up to his responsibility as a dog owner.

Lets stop bringing kids into it.

Agreed,

I didn't and was only sticking my nose into your little interaction with Trexter Ziam,

I guess that was disrespectful for butting in uninvited, but it is an open forum and all.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Asshole cop..... the dogs tail was wagging, it did not try to bite him once, just wanted some attention, sadly the only attention the cop knows is violence.

Just a complete prick.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is two way street, as much as I hate the cops of today ..

1) The dumb cop could have handled it in any other way, gotten back in his car, or called for backup/animal service people, whatever. He did NOT have to shoot the defenseless dog, that was unnecessary, and he should be SHOT too!

2) Dumb animal owners these days are increasingly careless with not keeping their animals out of the public .. ..such people should never keep animals ..especially when you are expecting visitors .. especially retarded cops ..

They are both at fault, but in this case, a life was taken, and the pig needs to go down!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Looks to me the cop did the public a favor protecting there safety what if these dogs had come across a small child instead of an officer with a gun. The dog was showing hostile intent growling and would approach the officer with the intent to bite him. The dogs were scared only because of his size. If it had been a child the results might have been very different. People who cant control their dogs and allow them to run free should get more than a citation. My son was attacked by a dog in the neighborhood turns out it wasn't the first time. This dog had attacked 3 others before he attacked my son who required 20 stitches because of an irresponsible owner. The dog was put to sleep again because of an irresponsible owner and he got off with a ticket.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

seriously do u think it was possible the owner was distracted as he was looking after children at a party?

Sure

the driver was distracted when he was changing the radio station and ran down the pedestrian,

The mother was distracted with the boiling water on the stove and came back to find her child drowned in the bath.

Everything is possible yet if precautions arent taken to avoid such situations by those with the responsibility then any reasons and distractions can try to be explained till your face turns blue, it doesn't change what has happened and if precautions were taken, the likelihood of such an incident happening is drastically reduced.

You take on responsibilities you cannot handle and something goes wrong, its your fault, you took on those responsibilities.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

your attitude is sad and perhaps you should gain a few years of wisdom before spouting your intolerance of others....the dog did not deserve to be shot...period

Few years wisdom you tell others to gain,

maybe a little study for yourself, reading and comprehension.

Where has it been suggested the dog deserved to be shot?

You wrote that last statement ending your post as though someone suggested the dog deserved to be shot.

Sorry if interpreted that wrong

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join