It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Service Dog, Owner Gets Citation at boy's birthday party. "Horrifying Video"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If he was so frightened of dogs, why didn't he ask that another officer respond to this oh ~ so dangerous situation?

It would be interesting to see his "I got bit ER report".

Did it require a little Peroxide or a big Band-Aid?

His actions show he doesn't like dogs and had no business being on the call.
edit on 16-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

FraggleRock
reply to post by gariac

More like if people want their dogs to live then rein in law enforcement. Case closed. As I've said before, this officer would have most likely still shot and killed this dog even had it been behind a fence. So the fact these dogs were out in the yard without a leash is not even remotely the biggest issue here.

That is your opinion, but it has little basis in reality.

Further, the dogs had strayed way beyond the yard. That was the basis of the call.

If the dog killed a child and the parents found out there was a 911 call and the police did nothing, the city would be sued. The cop did his job. Loose dangerous animal problem terminated. Save the pepper spray for the idiot dog owner.

If you look at the video, the cop went beyond the call of duty giving the dog a kick. One mistake and the cop could have been bitten.

There are plenty of examples of police abuse on Posse Comitatus. This isn't one of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

gariac

FraggleRock
reply to post by gariac

More like if people want their dogs to live then rein in law enforcement. Case closed. As I've said before, this officer would have most likely still shot and killed this dog even had it been behind a fence. So the fact these dogs were out in the yard without a leash is not even remotely the biggest issue here.

Further, the dogs had strayed way beyond the yard. That was the basis of the call.

If the dog killed a child and the parents found out there was a 911 call and the police did nothing, the city would be sued. The cop did his job. Loose dangerous animal problem terminated. Save the pepper spray for the idiot dog owner.

If you look at the video, the cop went beyond the call of duty giving the dog a kick. One mistake and the cop could have been bitten.

There are plenty of examples of police abuse on Posse Comitatus. This isn't one of them.

The dog didn't kill a child so why bring it up? We are not asking the cop to do nothing, we are saying the cop did the wrong things.

Beyond the call of duty by giving the dog a kick, like the dog was asking for it, that explains a lot about your view

And save the spray for the owner? Why not use it on the dog if it prevents the attack and keeps the dog alive?
Oh and where do you get dangerous animal? Call was just 2 dogs at large, dangerous dogs would have been a different call. At least that is how it works out of CA

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Mianeye
Dog owner is the problem.

Dog is the victim.

Police officer gets blamed.

Officer was called out to dogs running at large, so clearly someone else saw a problem, the dogs or dog are clearly showing aggressive behavior by snarling and constant surrounding the officer. He tries to kick them away after several aproches from the dog, he hesitate once to shoot it, and takes the final and propably right decision to put it down when it dosn't stay back.

Notice he only shoot the aggressive dog, the other dosn't show aggressivety, and gets to live.

Sad but not the fault of the officer, blame the dog owner.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

The only thing that I saw in that video, was a scared human who didn't want to get bit again. Animals feed on fear, and will attack cowards. The dog wasn't going to attack, though. He would have done it long before he got shot. But, you know, when you are a coward, and don't want to get bit and go to the ER, again...my goodness...just kill your fear. We wouldn't want to inconvenience you, Mr. Copper.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Catacomb

Mianeye
Dog owner is the problem.

Dog is the victim.

Police officer gets blamed.

Officer was called out to dogs running at large, so clearly someone else saw a problem, the dogs or dog are clearly showing aggressive behavior by snarling and constant surrounding the officer. He tries to kick them away after several aproches from the dog, he hesitate once to shoot it, and takes the final and propably right decision to put it down when it dosn't stay back.

Notice he only shoot the aggressive dog, the other dosn't show aggressivety, and gets to live.

Sad but not the fault of the officer, blame the dog owner.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

The only thing that I saw in that video, was a scared human who didn't want to get bit again. Animals feed on fear, and will attack cowards. The dog wasn't going to attack, though. He would have done it long before he got shot. But, you know, when you are a coward, and don't want to get bit and go to the ER, again...my goodness...just kill your fear. We wouldn't want to inconvenience you, Mr. Copper.

Oh please. Stop trying to blame the cop for an aggressive dog. Get over it. The dog was loose, it was aggressive, the cop took care of business.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Sremmos80

gariac

FraggleRock
reply to post by gariac

The dog didn't kill a child so why bring it up? We are not asking the cop to do nothing, we are saying the cop did the wrong things.

Beyond the call of duty by giving the dog a kick, like the dog was asking for it, that explains a lot about your view

And save the spray for the owner? Why not use it on the dog if it prevents the attack and keeps the dog alive?
Oh and where do you get dangerous animal? Call was just 2 dogs at large, dangerous dogs would have been a different call. At least that is how it works out of CA

The dog could have easily harmed or kill a child. It needed to be locked up. The fecal matter for brains owner let it run loose. He took his chances with the dog's life. He lost.

All that remains is to give the cop a commendation.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

gariac
The dog could have easily harmed or kill a child. It needed to be locked up. The fecal matter for brains owner let it run loose.

And yet not ONE child was harmed by the dog at the 6 year olds birthday party. The kids left the door open and the dogs got out while they were wrapping the party up.

Calling the disabled owner filthy names is uncalled for. Maybe the mod's will spank you for that disgusting comment.

edit on 17-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Exactly the reason for gun control. For morons like you who think that a dog is more important than a human being.

I guess I am a moron as well.

Humans wouldn't be around in this day and age if it wasn't for our relationship with dogs.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

gariac

Sremmos80

gariac

FraggleRock
reply to post by gariac

The dog could have easily harmed or kill a child. It needed to be locked up. The fecal matter for brains owner let it run loose. He took his chances with the dog's life. He lost.

All that remains is to give the cop a commendation.

You could easily harm or kill a child, should we lock you up if you are just roaming around on the streets?
A child with a disability that can't control him self can hurt another child easily, should we keep all of them locked up?

The dogs did nothing, stick to the topic and stop trying to bring in useless and unrelated incidents
You didn't address one thing from my post. You refuse to address the idea of alt methods.
All you did was attack the owner and bow at the cops feet again.
No wonder cops do what they do now a days, every one just writes if off as them "just doing their job"
This was a coward of cop that was scared of a dog so he shot it, the last thing he deserves is a commendation.
He deserves to be fired

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The copper's prior run-in being bitten by a dog may have led to a fear of dogs. Dogs sense fear. The cop wasn't "dog-smart". He kicked at the dog but that's not how to get a dog to ignore you.

Yes that is how to make a protective dog which was the case to begin with into an aggressive dog after showing aggression towards it like maybe kicking at it.

A protective dog will do just that what the dog was doing in the video, it will bark, come within a certain distance bark and back off to tell you to move on as your presence is making me uneasy, to show aggression towards a dog like that will only increase the fear the dog has for this stranger and the only way to protect their property or humans is by becoming aggressive towards aggressor.

The owner should have come out or simply not let his dogs run loose on the street (idiot for that alone) and the cop had many other options to choose from but the fear instilled in him obviously hindered his ability to think about what he doing and acted on instinct like the dog he shot.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

No I would blame the person that kidnapped that child....

for the actual kidnapping yes of coarse,

this answer of yours leads to another question,

Why was this child picked up while alone on the street?

Where were the child's minders or guardians to prevent the child from being taken?

the only reason it happened is because of that person.

The parent/guardian leaving their child on their own? or the kidnapper?

The only reason it happened to that child is because those responsible for the child failed at their responsibility by leaving a child in public on its own opening up the chances for if any sick individuals are there at that moment to take the child.

And this is not about a kid getting kidnapped it is about a dog getting shot. Do you have an example involving a dog you would like to use?

the video this thread is about,

The dogs were running around on a public footpath and on the street, this is shown in the video is it not?

As a dog owner I know my dogs are my responsibility, to have them running around unsupervised in public is asking to have you dogs to be killed.

The officer had many other options and is about as intelligent as the dog he shot as is seen with the cops behavior.

If the owner didn't have his dogs running around that could have caused concern to other people living the neighborhood or passers by the cops wouldn't have been called, the dog wouldn't have been shot, the cop wouldn't be suspended and there wouldn't be a protest like there is going to be as some one pointed out.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

He does not deserve to have the blame of the dog being shot,

No,

but if he was responsible he would say its his actions that lead to his dog being shot.

Any one with half a brain knows how authority works and what non compliance will lead to in this day and age.

the owner might be just under that half a brain category as he didn't realize what could happen from letting your dogs run around unsupervised on the streets,

they could be killed like this incident shows or some other unfortunate incident we read and see on the news concerning dogs running loose.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

No I would blame the person that kidnapped that child....

for the actual kidnapping yes of coarse,

this answer of yours leads to another question,

Why was this child picked up while alone on the street?

Where were the child's minders or guardians to prevent the child from being taken?

the only reason it happened is because of that person.

The parent/guardian leaving their child on their own? or the kidnapper?

The only reason it happened to that child is because those responsible for the child failed at their responsibility by leaving a child in public on its own opening up the chances for if any sick individuals are there at that moment to take the child.

And this is not about a kid getting kidnapped it is about a dog getting shot. Do you have an example involving a dog you would like to use?

the video this thread is about,

The dogs were running around on a public footpath and on the street, this is shown in the video is it not?

As a dog owner I know my dogs are my responsibility, to have them running around unsupervised in public is asking to have you dogs to be killed.

The officer had many other options and is about as intelligent as the dog he shot as is seen with the cops behavior.

If the owner didn't have his dogs running around that could have caused concern to other people living the neighborhood or passers by the cops wouldn't have been called, the dog wouldn't have been shot, the cop wouldn't be suspended and there wouldn't be a protest like there is going to be as some one pointed out.

I spent many hours alone outside in my childhood, my mom left me to my own accord all the time and here I am typing this post. Parents can not control what happens outside, so yes it is the fault of the person that took the child for the kidnapping as before that the child was just outside playing.
If you are at your home in your neighborhood then you shouldn't have to worry about EVERYTHING, that is the point. I want to be able to leave my friendly dogs outside with out the fear of a scared cop coming along and shooting them because one person shared the unwarranted worry/fear

Sounds like the answer you are looking for is never let dogs or people outside unsupervised or they can get hurt or killed and it will be entirely your fault...

Please use any example as being in the front yard or neighborhood since that is where this event took place and that is where my example is coming from
I am not condoning you going to the mall of america and letting your 6 year old go....
edit on thMon, 17 Feb 2014 12:44:05 -0600America/Chicago220140580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

Since when is it ok to use what could have happened to justify what DID happen? Anything COULD happen, i am not going to live my live scared of what could happen.
We can only go off what did happen, no child abductions, no child was mauled, no child was hurt. Lets stop bringing kids into it. Outside of the kids bday party that was going on that day kids had nothing to do with it.
edit on thMon, 17 Feb 2014 12:55:32 -0600America/Chicago220143280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

He does not deserve to have the blame of the dog being shot,

No,

but if he was responsible he would say its his actions that lead to his dog being shot.

Any one with half a brain knows how authority works and what non compliance will lead to in this day and age.

the owner might be just under that half a brain category as he didn't realize what could happen from letting your dogs run around unsupervised on the streets,

they could be killed like this incident shows or some other unfortunate incident we read and see on the news concerning dogs running loose.

I wouldn't take the blame for it, he did say the dogs were outside and that was wrong. He deserved a ticket and a chance to get his dogs inside, not for one to be shot as the cop gets there.

Also I see there is a comma at the end of the quote you put of me on your post. Usually means there is more to that sentence. Please if you quote me use the entire sentence, regardless if you think the rest is relevant or not, it is still part of the sentence that you quoted and should be included if you are taking one sentence out of my entire post.

edit on thMon, 17 Feb 2014 13:13:44 -0600America/Chicago220144480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

What is your response to the other part of the sentence? That is was the cop that pulled the trigger that killed the dog not the owner? Extremely important as that was the main point of the sentence. I am done responding to anything you have to say as you are unable to carry on a conversation in a respectable manner
edit on thMon, 17 Feb 2014 13:17:09 -0600America/Chicago220140980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you are letting the escalating violence by LEO dictate how you live your life, that should not be the case. They are there to PROTECT us, not for us to be scared of them killing out loved ones because they made a mistake towards a scared LEO.....
We should be able to leave our kids out to play and live because we have cops, not the other way around. When I was kid I looked up to cops because I though there sole purpose was to protect those around them.
Now I know they are just looking out for themslefs since the most important thing for them is to "go home at night"
You shouldn't be a cop if you are scared of not going home that night, yes it is a natural reaction but if you become a cop you are saying you are able to look past that and put your life on the line to help others. Not harming others to protect your self...

Not sure why you are singling me out... Far more people here that feel the cop did nothing wrong...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

gariac

You're right, it is my opinion that this officer would have shot this dog even had it been behind a fence. And that opinion is based on this officers real life actions.

gariac

And you're also correct that this call was based on "complaints of dogs running at-large" according to the source. Nobody has disputed that.

gariac

What if? Of course we all know that's not what happened. What if? Well of course if the details of the situation are changed then the results may differ. What if the dog saved a child from harm only to have a police officer kill it for "running at-large"?

gariac

I've looked at the video multiple times and if giving a kick can be considered an officer going beyond the call of duty then the state of law enforcement is worse than I thought. One mistake and this could have been a child getting shot. Did I play that hypothetical correct?

gariac

This officer went into a non aggressive situation and ended up discharging his firearm. This surely isn't an example of a job well done.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

MrLimpet

gariac
The dog could have easily harmed or kill a child. It needed to be locked up. The fecal matter for brains owner let it run loose.

And yet not ONE child was harmed by the dog at the 6 year olds birthday party. The kids left the door open and the dogs got out while they were wrapping the party up.

Calling the disabled owner filthy names is uncalled for. Maybe the mod's will spank you for that disgusting comment.

At the house, the dogs have the owner present. Thus your comment isn't relevant.

You let your dog wander the streets and fecal matter for brains is your name.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

FraggleRock

gariac

You're right, it is my opinion that this officer would have shot this dog even had it been behind a fence. And that opinion is based on this officers real life actions.

gariac

And you're also correct that this call was based on "complaints of dogs running at-large" according to the source. Nobody has disputed that.

gariac

What if? Of course we all know that's not what happened. What if? Well of course if the details of the situation are changed then the results may differ. What if the dog saved a child from harm only to have a police officer kill it for "running at-large"?

gariac

I've looked at the video multiple times and if giving a kick can be considered an officer going beyond the call of duty then the state of law enforcement is worse than I thought. One mistake and this could have been a child getting shot. Did I play that hypothetical correct?

gariac

This officer went into a non aggressive situation and ended up discharging his firearm. This surely isn't an example of a job well done.

Oh, the cop had the target clearly in sight. There was no doubt the dog would be the recipient of the shot. Cops use hollow point rounds. They hit the target and go no further. Your hypothetical is not likely.

Seriously, this cop did a fine job. You don't like dead dogs, take it up with the owner.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Are you just going to continue to call people # for brains and bow at the feet of cop? Or do care to enlighten us on why you think it was ok for the cop to go straight to his firearm when he has non lethal options available to him? All LEO use the some type of escalation of force protocol, why was it ok for him to bypass that and go straight to deadly force?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

gariac
At the house, the dogs have the owner present. Thus your comment isn't relevant.

You let your dog wander the streets and fecal matter for brains is your name.

My comment is quite relevant to the situation at hand.

Thus, calling others filthy names & multiple other comments you have made, is not.

The comments you have made simply border on the fact that; "you hate dogs".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join