It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to have a discussion about this article I just found...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Wow.... like exactly what i thought, i like to look at humans in biological stand point.

It perfectly make sense.

Agree 99.99% (only because 100% is impossible)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

it didnt show up

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

I have seen that some ladies in this thread relate the author of the linked article is essentially the Whore of Babylon. Others are more favorable, and take a viewpoint that is les harsh. Perhaps those who have the harshest view feel that way due to pride in their "accomplishment" at controlling "animal urges"?

A lot of societal/cultural control comes through pressure to maintain the norm by using social pressure. Social pressure tends to arise from the most vocal segment of society. The ones who feel the most passionate about a subject are the ones who typically tend to steer the rest of society towards this "norm".

I don't feel she is a whore, but I feel she might be setting herself up for some heartache in the long run, in exchange for some pleasure in the immediate. That is her choice to make, but I think she is being harsh and not understanding of women who make the opposite choice.

-In my particular case, the social pressure is to either have illicite affairs, or to do echangism or libertinism (swinging, open relationships)- I am in France! For my environment, I am considered sexually repressed and immature because of my monogamy!
For my husband, (who is french) his nature is to go against the norm in all things, and he takes pride in being seen as different in this sense. It's part of his rebel tendancy.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Unity_99
It doesnt matter what is naturally programmed into the body suit, whether men are hard wired to spread seed and women to stability and hearth and home. None of this matters.

We;re supposed to see through what we perceive as the reality and the average programs, and turn it around, make a difference, see it as illusion, for we're spirit not dust/plasma, and we need to act with love and integrity.

Says who? Who is invoking that we're "supposed to see through"? If it's "God" for you at least admit it. All you're saying is that the yoke of so-called "civilization" is okay with you. In fact, it's a burden we have always chafed against. Our basic nature DOES matter and pushes at us constantly. An UNDERSTANDING of this is essential if you're going to assess the current state of affairs. If you want to pretend it doesn't exist you're simply cruising for trouble.

As I stated in my previous post, many, if not most societies are intelligent enough to provide an outlet for this basic nature that, if not socially acceptable, is acceptable nonetheless. Ours does not, thus the issues, constant angst, and unnecessary war between the sexes.

We ARE animals. There is, of course, the idea that "we" are advanced souls whose purpose is to lift animals up to some sort of 'glory before God." That seems to be the basic attitude you've come up with. But the other possibility is that we are advanced souls come to this world to experience what living in a physical body is like, complete with all the animalistic feelings we have.

The point here is that monogamy is NOT NORMAL and is IMPOSED by a sexually repressive society. We can go on and discuss Christian values and how they are the cause of this, but I'm not inclined to care. There's nothing divine about this. It's human-imposed. Many societies throughout history have dealt with this in a much more realistic fashion than we do by providing acceptable ways to take care of it. We don't, and the result is obvious--a repressive climate that often endures people going absolutely crazy because of it.

So, yes. Our animalistic nature DOES matter, and it matters very much. To pretend otherwise is whistling past the graveyard. And no, we're not "supposed to" behave otherwise. Screw whomever has made that supposition.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I think people should be honest. If you don't want a monogamous relationship says so, there's plenty of other people out there that would be ok with you having multiple partners.

Now if this was already said and the woman/man tries to keep their lover all to themselves, then that is control and jealousy and maybe she did deserve it for trying to control another human being's sexuality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join