It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Swallows 8 cars at Corvette Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

The Corvette museum is in Bowling Green Kentucky. I have driven past it many times, it is right off of interstate 65 in Kentucky.

How scary. Visit the link for more info.

I hope I did this right, I don't think I have linked to an article before

edit on 12-2-2014 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Nooooo not the corvettes!! Why couldn't it be the camero museum
Hope it was all 80's models, those are ok to go down a sink hole

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by newsoul

Nooooo not the corvettes!! Why couldn't it be the camero museum
Hope it was all 80's models, those are ok to go down a sink hole

wasn't it the early 80's model that Bill Bixby used? I remember one 'Hulk' episode where he had to brake sharply to a stop, and the whole car shimmied from front to back. I know they are always built in carbon fibre which should be strong in a linear fashion, but that one, as good as it looked seemed as though it had to have been built in a backyard shed, so serious was the visible flexing. I though Nah! I ain't gonna have one of those..hit a jack russell and you're toast. It was so bad, I often wondered why they used that footage.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

i remember bill bixby's white vette - it was a beauty. i love american muscle cars. the sound of a big V8 is like music.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
reply to post by smurfy

i remember bill bixby's white vette - it was a beauty. i love american muscle cars. the sound of a big V8 is like music.

Actually, you helped drop the penny for me there, the scene I was talking about was from 'The Magician' and not 'The Hulk' that was a 70's model then. Yes, I love the V8 sound too, I used to have a Rover SD1 V8, and later a Stag V8..that was beautiful car, the sound of the Triumph engine was Magic and I didn't have the engine cooling problems associated with that car. Anyway, that's a long time ago, but I still like speed, and now I drive a manic 3.5 litre Renault Espace V6 which is much more powerful that the Stag or the Rover, and handles much better, so still a happy man. I would hope they get at least some those Corvettes back in order though, all those cars are icons, just as Bill Bixby was.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't remember Bixby driving a Corvette, but I love the growling sound my Taurus makes.

I hope that camera in the museum was fired for remaining there and filming the cars go down without helping!!! lol

Seriously, sinkholes are like the new must. Yikes. They're not funny...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

one of the projects I worked on at GM was in there,an 89 we put a big block into.It was meant to compete with the Viper,but just turned into a toy project. Might have a reason to build another!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

newsoul
I hope I did this right, I don't think I have linked to an article before
Yes you did it right. If you want to get more fancy you can click the icon with the upper right arrow and also include the title of the link, but the way you did it is just fine.

The 1983 they saved was one of a kind, but more interesting than the sinkhole to me is to find that GM crushed every other 1983 model ever built (only 39 of them, but still...I didn't know about that). From the OP link:

Early in the day, Strobe said emergency personnel allowed museum staff to remove only one other car, the only surviving example of the "1983" Corvette. It had not fallen into the hole.

Andrea Hales, communications manager at the Bowling Green Corvette plant, said the Corvette was not produced in 1983. A six-month delay in the new generation created a model year gap. GM built about 40 prototype 1983s, which could not be sold, then built the production cars as 1984 models. It crushed all the 1983s except for the one given to the museum.

top topics

join