It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE Triangular UFO descends upon the MOON - 8th February 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Yup.
Pretty much guaranteed it would have been a grazer viewed from Victoria. Right at the southern limit.

edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

coolcatt
reply to post by Toxicsurf

? Anyone

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome catch!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by abeverage

The video is from Australia.
Unfortunately a grazing table does not seem to be readily available for Australia.
www.occultations.org.nz...

Australia is most assuredly on that list I included, however there are no occultations there until the 14th. The nearest would have been...
06 Jan 14 ZC3453 κ Psc 5.0 DD 31+ New Zealand

So this is curious then...were there dates and times if I missed them?

If the dates can be verified and are within the last month there have been no occultations in Australia...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Lunar occultation on Feb 8th for Australia is:

ZC668

After going back and rewatching the videos, it doesn't cross the termination... and there's plenty of scintillation going on too.

I think Phage hit this one bang on.

Could be a star, but the light coming from it appears rather dull to be one, no? And it holds its triangular shape throughout the entire footage.
I checked out some examples of scintillation on youtube. Here is one:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Mamatus

freedomSlave
reply to post by Mamatus

guess you don't read much .. this video is from feb 2014 .

No it was actually from 2012, just reposted in 2014. ATS has lost it. This exact topic was on ATS only a month ago and it was shown then that it originally popped up in 2012.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: added link

edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

Seriously? Did you even watch the videos posted. The case you are referring to is completely different. And btw, I am very well versed on these topics. I rarely give youtube vids more than a glance these days but I did think this was interesting enough to get some feed back on. It was obviously interesting enough to bring out Phage's knee jerk debunking efforts. That being said I have no clue as to what it could be, certainly not going to jump on an "alien ship" bandwagon. That kind of reaction would be as bad as the force fit debunks...
edit on 282014x412014-02-12T14:41:19-06:0019000000Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:41:19 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Victoria is at the southern edge of the viewing area. No doubt about it.
A grazing occultation.

Melbourne 12 35 34 19 315 -1S 171 181 -1.5 -8.4

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Phage

Victoria is at the southern edge of the viewing area. No doubt about it.
A grazing occultation.

Melbourne 12 35 34 19 315 -1S 171 181 -1.5 -8.4

Won't disagree with you there so it is plausible is that where it was shot? How about the apparent lack of scintillation?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

We know where it was shot and there is scintillation.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's the position of the moon seen from Taylors Hill, Victoria (37°42.28S, 144°45'17E) at 11:15pm:

As you can see it, the star "Ain" (Epsilon Tau) with a 0.12 absolute magnitude is very close to the moon...

So, yes, just a shiny star...
edit on 12-2-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Phage

We know where it was shot and there is scintillation.

lol whoops I needed to re-read the entire post were it said where it was filmed.

After re-viewing the video one more time the light is not reflected as you would see from the moon or from a planet or from an object orbiting the moon. The object produces blue, white, yellow and red colors all indicative of a star or a light source not reflected. Given that an occulation occurs that same night viewable in that same general area I have to agree with you Phage and the most obvious Occam's razor answer a star...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

It's been suggested that it could also be the star Epsilon Tauri (668SK0)...

www.lunar-occultations.com...

And I take back the "knee jerk debunking efforts"....comments...
edit on 282014x012014-02-12T15:01:39-06:0039uWed, 12 Feb 2014 15:01:39 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This the chart for Epsilon tauri

www.lunar-occultations.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
When watching the video my first thought is that it's star or planet that is stationary ( or at least appears that because of the distance from earth ) with the moon doing what it does best orbiting the earth closing the gap as it passes by . Anyone who has viewed the moon through a non self adjusting scope will know how hard it is to keep the moon in the field of view . However as the moon approaches the star I expected it to go behind but it seems to slow down and stay just above the surface or edge of the moon for far longer than a star would with the moon moving across the field of view . The only explanation I can find is that the video has been slowed and manipulated to look like the star/ planet is a nearer object that is slowing its decent for landing. This is far fetched to say the least and the fact it is on the edge and not seen moving across the face of the moon bares this out . So in conclusion I believe the video has been played with in an effort to fool us into thinking that it may be a spacecraft and not the star / planet that it surely is .

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Well, you said you have no idea what it might be? I do. Its a YouTube video you found out about on FACEBOOK.

2 negatives with zero verification, as in "user-submitted". Neither are considered reliable or expert.

Hard to speculate on that kind of "evidence"...if you can call it that. But, whatever it is really, who knows?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is a little explanation for those looking at the occultation chart.

The list below the chart on the rest of the page shows how bright the star is that is being occulted and how bright the moon is during the occultation. Also listed are the cites, times, moon position and coordinates and degrees.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, Phage takes the time to inform and teach and seems like a "debunker" because most of this stuff needs it. If he is paid by the gov to obfuscate, heh, they probably don't pay him enough.

Not to say there are no truly anomalous events... there are... but rarely.

And back to those awesome pinnacles ... anyone know the region on the moon they're at? Their scale? There are at least two of them and they look like impossibly tall, thin buttes. Too bad we don't have close ups of them as that would be quite the landscape... unless I'm way off and they're not that impressive, that is.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

The triangular radiant pattern occurs when the telescope optics are not collimated properly, especially when care has not been taken to mount the camera directly in line over the eyepiece. It happens to me all the time when I'm in a hurry because there is no real way to reference the camera alignment over the eyepiece except through a lot of trial and error each time. Its not like placing a proper astronomical camera into the eyepiece tube in place of the eyepiece itself.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Well, you said you have no idea what it might be? I do. Its a YouTube video you found out about on FACEBOOK.

I agree...

mysterioustranger

2 negatives with zero verification, as in "user-submitted". Neither are considered reliable or expert.

I agree...

mysterioustranger

Hard to speculate on that kind of "evidence"...if you can call it that. But, whatever it is really, who knows?

And I agree with this also...

So whats your point?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by Mamatus

guess you don't read much .. this video is from feb 2014 .

Doesn't matter...It was still debunked in 2012...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Phage
A sunlit lunar peak. Often, very often, seen near the terminator. Often mistaken for something out of the ordinary.

I'm calling BS on your third link there…

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join