It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE Triangular UFO descends upon the MOON - 8th February 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, at least it's a "real" image. A mountain peak... that makes sense... but so does a miles large delta from another world, heh, in my head at least.

But really, those narrow mountains one can see in great detail are amazing! They're in the light/dark boundary... near the (left) horizon ... esp at 2:20 or so, but through the whole thing. I didn't know there were such tower-looking pinnacles on the moon... one has a flared top... def cool geographic features. I wonder what the scale is... how tall they are (looks like three or so).

It reminded me of the fantastic landscapes on that first French movie of Jules Verne's work... amazing, or are they too a trick of perspective?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

MadHatter364

MysterX
reply to post by Phage

Not a chance, much too high for that to be what this is.

Follow the curvature of the surface and you'll see it can't be.

Actually, although I usually disagree with Phage, the movement is coherent with the rest of the surface, and in particular with all the craters.

Keep in mind that we are looking at a moon that's spinning from right to left and as soon as the peak reaches the satellite's horizon it disappears...much like a mountain would...

The movement might seem coherent, but as the other poster suggested, the location of it doesnt appear to fit with the curvature of the moon. I checked out Phages links; the pictures show a row of many peaks. Seems odd that here we only have one "tall" one.

Interesting video, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just thinking,(believe it or not)

Maybe NASA's done a sneaky, and did what it said it was going to do, that was to put a little captured asteroid into Lunar orbit.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think we can agree here it's NOT a lit mountain peak. It's too far from the terminator. Plus it seems to move relatively to the moon.

TBH, I am stumped. That's interesting footage.

"Logic" says it must be a man-made craft...the question here whether the object is really close to the moon and "descending" on the moon or whether it just looks like it and the object may in reality be MUCH, MUCH closer. Think...a weather balloon or similar which just happened to be on the right place in front of the moon?

Otherwise I don't know. Pretty intriguing footage. If it's really a craft near the moon (how to actually verify that?) it must be huge.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

hmmmm...

What was that super-duper secret little X-space plane they launched into a year long space mission recently...maybe it's fitted with an equally super-duper-secret Star Trek stylee tractor beam which dragged a piece of that diamond planet back into Lunar orbit?

Seriously, maybe you're right and they did actually drag a bit of Ison or another comet / asteroid back though?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well if it is some kind of observation(?) craft set in a low geostationary lunar orbit (NASA, China, Russia, or whoever), then I suspect we'll be seeing many more of these types of videos captured by amateur astronomers over the next several months.

Does anyone know of any lunar program recently launched that we haven't heard about in the news yet ?
edit on 12-2-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Within a mile or two of the northern or southern boundary, or limit, of the region, a grazing occultation can be seen. Here the star will appear to pass along a line just touching (or tangent to) the edge of the Moon, and the star will disappear and reappear among the mountains and valleys along the Moon's edge for a period of a few minutes. Such a grazing occultation is a spectacular sight; at no other time, except perhaps during a solar eclipse, is the Moon's motion more apparent.

www.lunar-occultations.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm failing to see why everybody is jumping to radical possibilities at this point. Is there reason to believe this is not a star or planet that the moon is passing in front of?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by Mamatus

guess you don't read much .. this video is from feb 2014 .

No it was actually from 2012, just reposted in 2014. ATS has lost it. This exact topic was on ATS only a month ago and it was shown then that it originally popped up in 2012.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: added link

edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

That gives a better perspective. I agree it's not a mountain peak.
I'll go with a star being occulted.

edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Ok so you believe this is a star being occulted? Looking over the full image that shows the entire moon I may agree but still it does seem to move across the terminator which an occulted star cannot do. I want to review that full image video more...
edit on 12-2-2014 by abeverage because: updated changed response

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Watch again. Do you really see it cross to the face of the Moon?
And see this post:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see why we have seen less and less of you. The constant repeats get old.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Phage

Watch again. Do you really see it cross to the face of the Moon?
And see this post:

Phage I re-read down through and changed my response. I have two telescopes and watched occulted stars (and planets), like I said I need to view that full image and see if we can line up an outline of the moon if it goes over then I would believe it.
edit on 12-2-2014 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I've seen many high (or for phage - tall) peaks with lit tops that appear as bright spots in the dark area across the terminator...this looked to me to be too high to be a tall peak
I can't really disagree on this, it DOES seem pretty freaking high...
Still, the mountain peak theory would be the most down-to-earth one I can think of.

That said, if we are so sure that it's NOT a mountain, then WTH is it?
I don't think such a big object would have gone unnoticed. And I'm not talking about kids with a smartphone, I'm referring to semi-professional astronomers with good equipment...
Someone surely must have seen something.

A star? Definetely plausible, if only we had the coordinates in addition to the date we could check a star chart and see if there's a match. But more than "star" I would say "planet", because since the video is adjusted for the moon's brightness the object would have to at least match THAT intensity to be visible.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Knowing the Date, Time and location sure would be helpful in eliminating it as star occultation.

If it was shot on the 7th or the 8th of February there is one likely candidate per day in occultation.

The larger full frame beginning of the video is starting to make an occulation more likely...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lunar occultation on Feb 8th for Australia is:

ZC668

After going back and rewatching the videos, it doesn't cross the termination... and there's plenty of scintillation going on too.

I think Phage hit this one bang on.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The video is from Australia.
Unfortunately a grazing table does not seem to be readily available for Australia.
www.occultations.org.nz...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There seems to be a little contradicting with this video...

You see something was said that peaked my interest...

Interesting that he said this when another video of the same incident shows different.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

MadHatter364
I would say "planet", because since the video is adjusted for the moon's brightness the object would have to at least match THAT intensity to be visible.

Where did you find the dynamic range figures for the footage?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Found this link in the comments on the YT page

www.lunar-occultations.com...

Hopefully someone can make use of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join