It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Make a Machine Gun Out of a Soda Bottle (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether this should go in the Survival forum or Weaponry form. I decided to place it in the Survival forum since it is a home made device.

Anyhow, this is pretty cool and seems fairly easy to make.

Enjoy!

edit on 12-2-2014 by LeatherNLace because: fixed youtube link

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I know what I will be doing later. Very cool.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Pretty cool.

However, I AM NOT... I repeat... I AM NOT running around killing zombies with an air compressor strapped to my back...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hey, that is really neat! It reminds me of a full auto BB gun a friend had when I was growing up. It was little more, in the end, than a GIANT reservoir of a few pounds worth of BBs in the rear, fed from a can of Freon (back when they sold such things without breaking laws) and while it had no real control for firing rate (pull trigger and it starts spewing ..just like that one) it was devastating and I'd say, quite lethal with copper BBs firing as you see the one in the video doing with plastic.

Quite a system! I prefer that plastic one you have tho. That could be fun without being inherently lethal to play with.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I guess this works by compressing the chamber holding the pellets and forcing them through the only place left for the air to go, down the tube. A cool little design, not much of a machine gun. The real guns work slightly on this premise. Using the air created when a bullet is fired, to move the next bullet into the chamber. The only reason semi-autos arent Full auto, is due to the "Sear" that stops the mechanism from being a Full auto, shave the sear down, and you'll have a Fully-auto for a real gun. Of course it becomes illegal without proper permits and liscences.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Question:

What is the pressure on the air line?

Humm! I can envision putting the hose on the outside of the bottle and allowing it to really "hose" the target.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hmmmm.....Bigger metal cylinder( pop bottle), bigger air compressor, steel shot instead of air soft. New type of home defense ? I'm sure someone will point out it's not legal !

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

If the SHTF and gropus of hardcare sharia type thugs go door to door with machetes you're going to need this and a lot more, and it won't be illegal then will it? I really think they have bad things planned if an emergency situation goes down.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

conspiracytheoristIAM

Hmmmm.....Bigger metal cylinder( pop bottle), bigger air compressor, steel shot instead of air soft. New type of home defense ? I'm sure someone will point out it's not legal !

Legal or not anytime you are creative about defense of self or home you are opening yourself up to all the attacks a zealous DA can muster.

Depending on where you live or where the event took place the DA will either not press at all because self defense is self defense or the DA will try to sting you up.

They've been known to latch onto simple things like an NRA bumper sticker on your car as evidence that you were out looking for a fight or present any class certifications or awards you have won as evidence that you are unstable and paranoid.

Using things like bleach in a spray bottle, home made mace or the apparatus presented in the this thread will turn a clear-cut case of defending oneself and ones property into "hyper-violent mad scientist ambushes bystander" regardless of how or why that bystander ended up in your home because in the New America every mugger, rapist and thief is just a harmless kid who would have never hurt anyone and is just about to turn his life around and you Mr. Homeowner is an elitist bigoted psycho.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Up the size and stick in golf balls, if anyone asks you like to play golf using differently
and i doubt many intruders will fancy getting 20-30 golf balls at them in 2-3 seconds and the best part is the ammo's re-usable

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Maxatoria
Up the size and stick in golf balls, if anyone asks you like to play golf using differently
and i doubt many intruders will fancy getting 20-30 golf balls at them in 2-3 seconds and the best part is the ammo's re-usable

That is also one humongous air compressor that you are going to be lugging around on your back.. you have to get the blumming thing on whilst the intruders are breaking in

I will just stick to clobbering them over the head with the old fashioned golf club.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Rodinus
That is also one humongous air compressor that you are going to be lugging around on your back.. you have to get the blumming thing on whilst the intruders are breaking in

I will just stick to clobbering them over the head with the old fashioned golf club.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

Well, seriously, you would have, as is normally the case, a 50-foot or so hose attached to the a/c.

BTW, a golf club even in the hands of a experienced user (golfer) requires enough room within which to swing it. So be sure and ask your adversary to step into an open area of your abode before you attempt to "tee" him off.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere

conspiracytheoristIAM

Legal or not anytime you are creative about defense of self or home you are opening yourself up to all the attacks a zealous DA can muster.

Depending on where you live or where the event took place the DA will either not press at all because self defense is self defense or the DA will try to sting you up.

They've been known to latch onto simple things like an NRA bumper sticker on your car as evidence that you were out looking for a fight or present any class certifications or awards you have won as evidence that you are unstable and paranoid.

Using things like bleach in a spray bottle, home made mace or the apparatus presented in the this thread will turn a clear-cut case of defending oneself and ones property into "hyper-violent mad scientist ambushes bystander" regardless of how or why that bystander ended up in your home because in the New America every mugger, rapist and thief is just a harmless kid who would have never hurt anyone and is just about to turn his life around and you Mr. Homeowner is an elitist bigoted psycho.

First they need to find the body......

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

BTW, a golf club even in the hands of a experienced user (golfer) requires enough room within which to swing it. So be sure and ask your adversary to step into an open area of your abode before you attempt to "tee" him off.

As I am a gentleman... I will of course kindly ask the intruders to take a step ouside before rolling up my sleeves and smashing his/their heads in with my club (preferably a wood).

Failing that, I should have an old cricket bat hanging around somewhere.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Cricket bat added

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

lol

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wow...very cool. Can this idea be used when making an other bottle and fill it with handgrenates?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

If the SHTF and gropus of hardcare sharia type thugs go door to door with machetes you're going to need this and a lot more, and it won't be illegal then will it? I really think they have bad things planned if an emergency situation goes down.

In a case like you discribe, just leave out the balls and fill the bottle with bleach.
A couple of shots to the eyes will get you better results.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool but i would just splurge on this www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

How do you get the youtube vids to play directly from here??
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, I know what I'm doing this weekend. Shooting at hobos with frozen peas.

Kidding of course. This is awesome though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join