It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samuel Jackson Slams News Anchor: ‘Black Men Don’t All Look Alike!’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yet old sam had this to say as to why he voted for obuma.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,”

i use to have a lot of respect for samuel jackson and morgan freeman, thought they were very good actors and very smart, watched every movie they made. not any more.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

He does have a point, people do like to associate with people that look like them. Give them sense of security even if that guy was a serial killer.

Pretty stupid for SLJ to like Obama, considering he is not black like him.

Im sure Morgan Freeman will miss you too.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

My wife and I are LMAO. That is HILARIOUS.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

very doubtful that either one of them care.
at least i stand for principle and don't give any money to a racist. just like i don't spend money at walmart, might not mean much, but i don't support them by putting money in their pocket or support their views.

if everyone boycotted a racist movie's, pretty soon the the studios wouldn't call them, and then they would fade from the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh my, that was funny!

Mr. Samuel Jackson has a bit of a mean streak in him? Don't he?

I'll still watch him on the big screen. I think he is a good actor, and no one is perfect.

CdT

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"Rubin: Let's talk about Robocop…

Jackson: Oh Hellllll No!"

I loved that part. Rubin desperately trying to get himself off the hotseat and Jackson holds firm. really funny.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
** I married a white guy, so I use the " I married a white guy so I can post racist stuff about white people and it not be racst" card... often. **

Poor Morgan Freeeman... why did that white man think he was that FIshburn black guy??!! How racist!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

hey, i did the same with the hispanics!

(well, although we are 'white" we are about as latin as it gets culturally....we were just assimilated into the culture)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Chill down, is all I gota say! But I understand this stuff ahppens.

Sometimes I get in arguments wiht someoen about something and it's blown out of proportion and I'm like WHATEVER lets get this s*** over with and move on.

Not being offensive, just being straight.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Advantage

hey, i did the same with the hispanics!

(well, although we are 'white" we are about as latin as it gets culturally....we were just assimilated into the culture)

Fun, isnt it?? LOL!!

The really funny thing is that I know just how Jackson feels. Im NDN and get mistaken for a Hispanic, Arab, Ea Indian, etc.. funny stuff and not at all hurtful when it happens to me. When the Gulf War started I got called a Towel Head and told to go home.. Im like " but.. but.. I AM home... "
You just have to laugh this stuff off.. it IS funny!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I ALWAYS mix these two up!!!

I also use to mix up Lawrence Fishburn and Samuel L Jackson up until recently. It has nothing to do with race, they friggin look alike!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wha-wha, cry me a river Jackson. Wipe away your tears with all that money of yours.

I don't like him, I feel he's overrated. The only time I've liked him in anything is when he was in Pulp Fiction. Anyone else think it'd be awesome to see LeVar Burton play Jackson's roles in things like Pulp Fiction? I know this is way off topic, but growing up with Reading Rainbow and Star Trek TNG, LeVar has always been a favorite and the stark contrast would be an awesome way to see him act.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Thats because Levar seems educated and Samuel is just ghetto movie star. But ii like his movies for their uniqueness.

For one of the above poster.

Samuell LJ and Lawrence Fishhburne DOES NOT look alike. lol

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Mr. Samuel Jackson has a bit of a mean streak in him? Don't he?

I'll still watch him on the big screen. I think he is a good actor, and no one is perfect.

I've seen many of his movies and that's the way most of his 'characters' act, just like he did in the interview
--except the Black Snake Moan movie--

I thought it was typical SJ and LMAO...
SJ's personality is totally different from Lawrence Fishburne, that's for sure

-----------------------

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I see your talent is shining through...LOL

I thought the interview was typical SJ & found it funny
In fact, that's the way many of his 'characters' act, so it didn't surprise me one bit

Although the anchor probably thought WTH --- bet he'll remember SJ now!!!

edit on 12-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It would be cool if people who typically portray eastern influence chose instead to scream like a lunatic. Thats for sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was going to do a thread on this topic.

www.bbc.co.uk...

PC Keith Blakelock murder witness: 'All blacks look alike'

The court heard that during a police interview in August 1993 Mr Brown was asked who he had seen take part in the attack.

He replied: "It's very hard for me because, like, I'm not a racist person but to me a black is a black, all right?

"I can't tell the difference between them. To me a black man is a black man."

It's an interesting observation that there seems to be less variety amongst blacks, South East Asians (Indians/Pakistanis) and Far East Asians (Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese/Koreans).

And while it may be obviously untrue to declare that "they all look alike", there does appear to be more variation of appearance amongst whites.

Think of the pale, ginger-haired Scot and the swarthy, almost Indian look of people in southern Spain, Italy, Greece.

Why is that?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
1 - They dont even look alike, not even similar.
2 - This reporter is the entertainment guy and it's his job to know this stuff

People calling this racist are wrong though, racism is about superiority and believing your race is above another race.
What this guy shows is ignorance, stupidity and that he needs a new job.
He knew SJ was coming on and did not run the superbowl question by anyone? Nobody writes his stuff and checks the stuff he writes? Seems weird.
edit on 12-3-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join