It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samuel Jackson Slams News Anchor: ‘Black Men Don’t All Look Alike!’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
For those of us who have seen his movies, Samuel L. Jackson is known for his humorous but foul-mouthed rants
He just about has the 'X' on certain cuss words for the way in which he says them

Well, in the interview, Jackson is promoting the new film 'Robocop' when the anchor confused him with Lawrence Fishburne
And needless to say, Jackson DID NOT let him get by with it. LOL

Rubin, who was in KTLA's Hollywood studios (like The Times owned by Tribune Co.), was conducting a remote interview with Jackson, who was promoting his new film "RoboCop."

The segment started out shakily when Rubin asked the actor, who was in Atlanta, if he was surprised that "the phone rings as much as it does." Jackson seemed taken aback and a bit insulted.

After discussing the trailer for the upcoming "Captain America" film which costars Jackson that aired during the Super Bowl, Rubin continued to praise the actor, and asked him if he got a lot of reaction "from that Super Bowl commercial." A confused Jackson asked, "What Super Bowl commercial?"

Rubin appeared befuddled and looked off camera, but Jackson instantly sensed that Rubin was confusing him with African American actor Fishburne, who was featured in a Kia commercial that was broadcast during the Super Bowl.

"You're as crazy as those people on Twitter," scolded Jackson, pointing a finger at the camera. "I'm not Laurence Fishburne! We don't all look alike!"

Rubin clumsily admitted he had made a mistake and tried to make light of the misstep, but Jackson relentlessly pressed on, clearly gleeful at Rubin's embarrassment.

"You're the entertainment reporter?" he said to Rubin in an incredulous tone. "You're the entertainment reporter for this station and you don't know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne?"

Samuel L. Jackson gets medieval on KTLA's Sam Rubin in live interview

The anchor by now was probably thinking WTH have I got myself into???

Jackson let him know that not all blacks look a like....among some other things
At least he didn't drop any of his famous 'MF bombs'

But hey, just watch the video, it's actually pretty funny

SJ rocks!!!

edit on 12-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Amy Adams and Isla Fisher… I always get them mixed up. OOoooOOoooh, I wonder if that's racist too…

edit on 12-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I think sometimes it's just a slip of the tongue, fog in the head. The "we don't all look alike" is funny, but SJ really broke his balls beyond the funny part, just making it awkward. You can tell the guy is mortified. Why not save the ball busting for someone who replies, "Yeah you do. Same thing right?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Reply worth going viral,

"Crazy actually, they said I might be nominated for a SAG for the commercial."

"Nominated for a SAG, for a commercial?"

"Yea… not for the commercial, but for my real life portrayal of Lawrence Fishbourne."

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Seen it all over the internet today and it's just as painfully awkward on ATS as it is anywhere else. PAINFULLY AWKWARD. I don't even have white guilt (I'm the Canadian son of a Norwegian immigrant) and I felt sorry for that guy. Then I just started wondering what the hell was wrong with him.

PS:

All asian men look the same.
edit on 12-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Samuel is correct in his assumption, Black men don't all look alike, some are white, brown, pink and also a few shades in between however anatomically we are all pretty similar!

Chill Samuel maybe the dude has bad eye site, not everything has racial connotations!
LoL

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just awesome! He's relentless!

Lego guys - now, they all look alike.

XL5

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I just wonder what Laurence Fishburne would say if some one confused him for Samuel Jackson! It would probably be unexpected/less angry. In my opinion it was an honest mistake, not every one is good with faces and some do look similar (not really in this case). I don't think he should have been put on the spot as badly as that, though the spanking comment seemed to take some of the fuuuurious anger down a bit.

You have to see the video as words don't do it any favors.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

andy06shake

Samuel is correct in his assumption, Black men don't all look alike, some are white, brown, pink and also a few shades in between however anatomically we are all pretty similar!

Chill Samuel maybe the dude has bad eye site, not everything has racial connotations!
LoL

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think it was all in good fun.

Obviously it was good that SLJ called the reporter out on it, but i don't think it was that serious. Sucks to be the reporter through.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Priceless!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Maybe he meant, if they have the robo suit on ,they look the same

Either way ,remakes of movies that were never really that good is a bad idea,I think

edit on 12-2-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The difficulty I have with this, is that you could not pick two more different looking chaps to confuse together. Fishburne is a generally beefier chap, his jaw is more square than that of Samuel L Jackson, his chest deeper, his frame boxier, more squat than that of the former Jedi Knight.

It is not like someone confusing the Deschanel sisters is it?

Thing is, it happens to blokes with beards as well. My brother in law and I both use taxi services on a semi regular basis. We both have beards. Drivers are always confusing the pair of us, even though I am far more solidly built than my brother in law, and he is taller than I am. Also, our faces are totally different shapes, even with the beards, it is easy to tell us apart, but not, it seems for cab drivers. However, one can excuse that, because quite often, one gets into a cab in poor lighting.

However, under the sort of lighting which is used to shoot television shows, interviews and features alike, this sort of slip from an entertainment reporter is pretty lame. I think it shows a distinct lack of attention to detail, and shows that ad-libing with film stars around is only a good idea if you are attentive enough to know who, EXACTLY you are speaking to, and what you are talking about!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't SJ was to hard on the guy , and was right when he pointed out that this guy is the entertainment reporter and doesn't know who he is talking to. He deserved every second of SJ poking at him and now he will pay more attention.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I think Sammy may have blown things out of proportion.

He's probably upset that he mistaken for another actor, I doubt that the reporter feels that all blacks look the same. But still, what kind of entertainment reporter can't recognize one of the most recogizable actors on the planet?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If they are twins then they look alike.

Millions and millions of black twins.

Wait till you see the whites of their eyes, lads.

you know, they would have won if they'd kept their eyes closed... not a lot of people know that.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Terrible.

Morgan freeman is likley spinning in his south african grave

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

crazyewok
Terrible.

Morgan freeman is likley spinning in his south african grave

Thank you for that... I just spent the last 2 mins cleaning pepsi off of my monitor.... desk...keyboard.... and the guy sitting next to me at work.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

snarky412
in the interview, Jackson is promoting the new film 'Robocop' when the anchor confused him with Lawrence Fishburne

I saw the anchor interviewed on TMZ.

This isn't a case of the anchor thinking all black men look alike.

It's that there were two commercials being discussed that morning by the anchor ... one by Jackson and one by Fishburne. And the anchor was bouncing back and forth between discussions so he got them confused in his head.

It was basic human error. Nothing racist or evil about it. Jackson is manufacturing a scandal.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
this was probably the thousandth time that SLJ got confused with other black actors...so, I can see why he went off on this guy....plus, this guy's field of expertise is show business!!...duh!....SLJ might have excused a normal person coming up to him on the street and saying something...I think SLJ was more pissed off that this guy couldn't even do this small part of his job correctly, checking film credits...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

"I'm not Laurence Fishburne! We don't all look alike!"

You're the entertainment reporter for this station and you don't know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne?"

Im still trying to find where he said not all black people look alike. He is just comparing him to LF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join