It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Streaks/Tracks Detected by the Rover... Curiosity Sol 540.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Not sure what we are seein' there. I stopped thinkin' about those marks when I found something in One of the Images after clicking on some of the links.

First link, lower right corner, edge of a square something

Forth link, after getting to the Image, click the plus to maximize the image. Take the bar on the right all the way up. Skeleton! right in the Middle of the Image! Alot of it exposed. The Head Fully there!?
I saved the pic into Irfanview. I zoomed in a bit and like WOW! Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Sorry to be a partypooper..

One word explains all... in this case.

Photoshop

edit on 12/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

zatara
reply to post by Arken

Sorry to be a partypooper..

One word explains all... in this case.

Photoshop

edit on 12/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

So, NASA is photoshopping lines into its Curiosity pics... Do tell.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Looks like the Martian equivalent of the Nazca Lines in Peru.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just googled dust devil tracks. The ones here on earth are wild and crazy. No patterns just crazyness. These seem more deliberate. That's all I got.

Besides.

As above so below.
edit on 12-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Sure

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Looks like the Martians drew a line in the sand like someone said with a stick. Now the big question will we cross it ooohhhhhh so tense wondering. If so what are the consequences no more lines in the sand. At least its no rock good job Arken good job bro.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

Your skeleton looks like an illusion of rocks, light, shadows, the usual suspects. Zooming in on it makes it look less like a skeleton and more like what it is. I got excited about a Mars skeleton not too long ago, and it turned out to be photoimage artifacts. I'm "learning to be discernin'" (as the song goes, if there is a song with that lyric, and if not there should be), and getting more of an education about photo artifacts, pixels, how two or more rocks together can make up a "recognizable" image, and other things to explain finds.

I've linked this thread to the large anomalies thread (by large I mean the thread is long, and not that it only lists huge anomalies), where the party goes deep into the night, to keep alive its original intent of putting links to martian finds/theories and threads into a warehouse thread (although it has its own band of seasoned explorers now).
edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

When you google "Dust Devil tracks", pretty much all of them are from Mars, even if you put "On Earth" in, it comes up with the same pic's.

But you are right even if it's Earth or Mars, they are chaotic, longer and to some degree more straight but also taken from high altitude, so you only see the big ones.

But i left a little opening in the post after my claim

edit on 12-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Curiousity - "I can has brother?"

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Could be the Martian equivalent of S.O.S. laid out in the sand.

Whatever obliterated Mars might have left a few who didn't / couldn't get away on the Earth bound transports and they were hoping for a pick up maybe.

Or wind moving light bits of sandstone about.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The lines were created by these guys...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Most likely yer right about the Skeleton. But still kool , if it is only rocks and trick of lighting. I like yer 'Lernin' to be Discernin' line. And I agree it should be in song.

I 'preciate the reply. Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SyxDaliGee
reply to post by Aleister

Most likely yer right about the Skeleton. But still kool , if it is only rocks and trick of lighting. I like yer 'Lernin' to be Discernin' line. And I agree it should be in song.

I 'preciate the reply. Later, Syx.

Thanks. As an example of pixel/camera distortion, here's the skeleton-that-wasn't there that I had a good feeling about when I was young and foolish (a couple of months ago) until ArMap and others showed me the error of my ways. These things are fun while they last though:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have to say this is much more interesting than the typical ROCK postings we get in here. However I think the more plausible explanation is dust devils. That said they are neat and interesting that there is no comment from JPL...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Definitely from wind. Whether from dust devils or sailing rocks, there's nothing mysterious about them.

Here is a picture with a great visual of the strong sand-laden winds that can have such an effect:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its obviously a crop circle.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A bit late this time, but I think that question really deserved its on thread. When seeing the streaks, my first thought was also dust devils.

The patterns were a bit disturbing, though. But when thinking about it, dust devils crossing their traces/trails over time could probably account for that, me thinks. Anyhow, it's always interesting to also hear other opinions on this ... S&F!
edit on 12-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My first thought was cracks in the ground filled over, but the dust devils do seem more plausible!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wish folks would stop attributing everything to dust devils since we have little evidence for dust devils. What evidence we do have seems to amount to images from space where there are wide tracks across the plains as the dust devil leaves a clear path behind itself, or video footage of the same dust devils from the ground rovers.

However, on the ground, there is very little, if none at all, evidence for smaller micro-dust devils which could produce these results.

If you want to read a discussion on wind there are people who suscribe to fast winds but with very little force. Not even enough force to blow the 5mm 'blueberries' around, so it is unlikely that it has enough force to carve a track in the sand like this on a one-time basis.

On the other hand amazingly, we have 'cleaning events' which apparently blow all of the dust from the rover's solar panels and leave them looking good-as-new.

It seems from that thread on dust above, that NASA and their followers can have both fast strong forceful winds which can get into and sweep clean every nook and cranny of the rovers anatomy AND weak pathetic winds which cannot even pick up or move a 5mm blueberry spherule. I cannot quite figure it all out, but then I am not a scientist or a believer in NASA. I just leave them to get on with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

You may want to read this:
Dust devils. On Mars. Making tracks.
www.kidscosmos.org...

edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join