It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Found UFO Footage From The 1960's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Well...what can we say?

Could be genuine, could be a hoax...the only saving grace is it's apparent age. If it really is from the 1960's, it's odds on to have been viewed, catalogued or at least known about before now, which means there ought to be other accounts, somewhere, to verify its authenticity.

BTW, there are at least two UFOs...the first one is very faint and begins at 0:23, entering at about the five o'clock position (bottom right screen) meanders to about 6:30 position and dissapears from view.

The larger and brighter UFO is cone shaped (perhaps described as 'Mexican hat shaped in old reports?), not saucer or orb / spherical shaped.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The film stock depends a lot on where it was shot.

The UK for example used Cine film almost exclusively back then.

Remember the old collapsable white screens for the projectors?

That's what was used mostly over here in the 60's and the majority was in black and white.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Looking dodgy then, but playing devils advocate, 1969 is still actually the 60's.

So.... who knows?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

MysterX

If it is the UK, did they at the time (or still) have those long square tunnel-like things for railroad lines seen at the very beginning of the clip? It could be for regular roads, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Details about location, date etc not readily available, the grainy B&W video shows a small whitish object coming up to a commercial airliners' right wing before disappearing from view.

These would be key in figuring out if this is a possible sighting or not.

We do see some landmarks in the video (highway overpass, distinctive shaped highway, large buildings in the background, and what appears to be a small airfield)

The Jet. What kind is it, when were they built, who used that model during that timeframe.

Lets assume that the video is real. Then figuring out where the video was taken should be the first part of the investigation. After a location is found then digging into seeing if other reports at the time of the report were reported (that's a weird sentence).

The issue with the jet is also key. While it says it's from the 60's that may be wrong, so figuring out the type of wing and when that style was in use is also important in figuring out when this video was made.

I believe that this is most likely a HOAX, based off of the lack of information on the video other then "Please Subscribe". Red Flag alert if there ever was one.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Looks like a reflection of a light inside the cabin off of the planes window.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Zenagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

data5091
looks like a flying marshmellow.

It's the flying Zardoz head, but in white.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

DJW001

Blue Shift
Flags:
1) Short duration.
2) UFO appears and exits on "cue."
3) Anonymous.
4) Degraded to obscure details.
5) Sighting ends with no follow-up.

6) 8mm B&W film stock was not generally available during the era the film was alleged to be made; this suggests poor research by the perpetrator.

Not only that, but this was literally just before the switch to super8. The only thing available was regular/standard 8 at the time. And colour film came out decades earlier. The main reason hollywood and TV hadn't switched over so quickly, was because for one, Technicolor owned the process for their film, and the cameras that it was shot with so the studios had to get everything from them.*

On the other hand, home video film was mostly controlled by Eastman Kodak, and they too controlled the processing which for a long time they actually charged for during the sale of film. In any case, projecting colour at home wasn't a big issue, since Bell & Howel and Kodak and other manufacturers made them.

The most important thing though, is that people's TVs were black and white. And TVs back then would last people 20+ years. So there was not that much incentive for shooting colour for home viewing in TV. Much more for people with projectors and cameras for home use though.

The person who made this vid is probably in his early 20s, thinking, "Oh man 1960 is so long ago, if I make it black and white it will look so old…"
edit on 12-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by boncho

Remember the old collapsable white screens for the projectors?

That's what was used mostly over here in the 60's and the majority was in black and white.

Good point, which I wasn't considering.

Would have been nice if details were given with the vid. The lack of may speak greatly about it…

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by OzTiger

Looking dodgy then, but playing devils advocate, 1969 is still actually the 60's.

So.... who knows?

Video says early 60s

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

boncho
Video says early 60s

It also says "very high altitude," which it is definitely not.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
IMO the simplest way to find out the veracity of the claim, is to ask that the original be made available for review by qualified experts. If the answer is anything other I'd be glad to do that, it's almost certain this is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

it's almost certain this is a hoax

Agreed - bin it mate if you want, the jury is out.

The input in this thread is greatly appreciated and clearly defined.

Cheers.

edit on 14-2-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by Blaine91555

it's almost certain this is a hoax

Agreed - bin it mate if you want, the jury is out.

The input in this thread is greatly appreciated and clearly defined.

Cheers.

edit on 14-2-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

I'd bet a large sum of money that it's a hoax. Although I don't think it's fair to bin something simply because my personal opinion says it is. Or anyone else's. Sometimes if people complain I review the entire thread simply to see if it was properly debunked.

Sadly.

Keep that in mind. It actually helps you in all your endeavours.

edit on 14-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wise words - good advice.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2014 by OzTiger because: Another poster already posted

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

gortex
Here's some Leaked 1949 UFO Film also from Mister UFO

Let's just keep giving these fools hit's , that's what we're here for .... isn't it ?

Looks like an early episode of Lost in Space. Look for the giant cyclops.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Dear Sublimecraft, I believe I do know the answer to this mystery which I had forgotten about until I saw this thread. Allow me time to write it up, find links, and I will shortly post about it and link it back to your thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Meh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join