It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'S'-shaped radar phenomenon appears off WA coast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Checked back at the BOM site that displays images of the Serpentine weather radar. Two, nearly parallel, long, narrow lines of about 300 kilometers length can be seen, running from about North North East to South South West. They are about 250 to 300 km from the coast.

An odd thing is that they appear and disappear in a regular on-off-on-off sequence. On at the start, off at the next view, ten minutes later, then on again, ten minutes after than, then off again in the next ten minute interval. This can be viewed at:
www.bom.gov.au...
edit on 16-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 16-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Shall we attribute these lines to radar chaff? The Australian Dept. of Defense made a statement about their supposed responsibility for creating the very sharp and regular S shaped pattern several days ago. In this, they spoke of a 'unique opportunity' for the radar to view their work, due to apparently unusual environmental conditions. If this was a one-off business, what are we seeing now?
A further consideration-- Is an airplane drawing out a three hundred kilometer long line with chaff in the course of ten minutes? That's 30 km per minute, isn't it? That amounts to 1800 kilometers per hour.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems that the Australian Navy hasn't any jets, only helicopters. If they really needed some fast jets, perhaps they could borrow some F/A 18 Hornets from the RAAF. These can reach maximum speeds of ~1900 km/hr., though they normally cruise at about 1250.

Is anyone suggesting that these aging planes would be pushed to near their very limits for the sake of a routine training exercise? Wouldn't radar chaff spread at a pace of 1250 km/hr be quite adequate? Unfortunately for the 'explainers', it doesn't appear that this could account for 300 kilometer long lines of chaff let out in 10 minutes time.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: omitted superfluous word, changed singular word to plural.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just checked the radar display again. (see my link, above) The 300 km long line is back. It flashes on in only one frame. The ones 10 minutes before and after do not show it. Same NNE--SSW orientation as yesterday with the double line. Centered roughly West of Perth. Quite strong and artificial looking.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does it really matter what caused it?

Aye, we're curious at to what caused it, by obviously no-one ever thought it was genuine rainfall, did they?

Edit: and straight line anomalies on radar are as common as cats and as mysterious as, er, cats.
edit on 17-2-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
Does it really matter what caused it?

Yes.... yes it does, and it matters even more when we are told to forget about it.

Some of us have seen the old "nothing to see here, forget you saw anything" work time and time again. whilst that may work on the mere curious this is a rather strange event.. without clear answers.. the navy's explanation doesn't add up, and just adds fuel to the mystery.

I know we'll never get a clear answer, apart from going out to rotnest ourselves.. but it's good we ask questions.. the day we stop asking questions and just take the official line, is the day we may as well turn our PC's off and drink the cool aid.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I reviewed the lore of radar anomalies when the big 'S' turned up. Don't recall anything about straight lines like this. If they were thicker and lumpier I'd think of cloud banks, squall lines, or weather fronts.As things stand, these explanations don't seem to fit.

It's rather early to decide what the cause is. Perhaps the the Navy or the RAAF have cruise missiles that can strew radar chaff. Then again, the DoD explanation may have been an offhand one. They might have assumed, or wished to assume, that their activities were responsible for the 'S' without really knowing this to be the case. We were furnished with so little information, its hard to say.
It's just possible that, whatever this is, it's beyond the ability of the Australian military authorities to control or conceal.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

edit on 17-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

If it's pointing toward one of the radar installations in the network it's an interference spoke.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yes, Bedlam, Thanks for pointing that out. I was so focused on the Serpentine radar, I neglected to consider radial interference features from the next weather radar to the North, at Geraldton.
The images I was looking at contained data from various adjacent radars. The North North West direction I noted points directly at Geraldton. There were very recently some interference spokes pointing roughly West, obviously centered on Geraldton, too.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 17-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: rcorected tense

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Shana91aus

Not to "ta da", but ta da!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the update.

Sorry ..

I'm not buying this .. at all as being chaff from a jet fighter. That's a HUGE area to be chaffing, and chaffing as one continuous stream of chaff; for an area that big would require a company of jet fighters or larger to pull that off or 1 or 2 C-130s (or bigger) loaded up with nothing but chaff...

I'm def not an expert, but I have see jet fighters on and off the big screen /tv doc/ military clips, using chaff evasion tactics ..

but, those that are prior mil jet fighter experience are MORE than welcome to clear my suspicions up a bit.

New Chaffing technologies ? It very well could be, but, standard techniques ...no way.

edit on 17-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I can tell you EXACTLY what it is. It is linked to the flooding in England and America; as well as the flooding in Kunnunurra which is in the same state as Perth.

The Archangel 'Samael' (Angel means: Messenger. Arch means: Archon. Archon Messenger) was in contact with the Perth Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church; asking them to accept his LETTER OF APOSTASY from their Church. Note the date.

When they ignored him. He sent them this. Again take note of the date.

Clouds move upon them? In the shape of an 'S' for Samael Saboath? You would think it couldn't be much clearer, but ...

They still ignored him; so the 'Gods' sent a 'warning shot' to the Church. Which they again ignored. It was a 'meteor' which struck El Trebol in Santa Fe; in the Popes home country of Argentina. El Trebol means; "GODS PATRICIAN/CLOVER" and Santa Fe means; "HOLY FAITH".

So a warning shot, meteor; was fired at Gods Patrician, of the Holy Faith.

THEY ARE STILL IGNORING HIM and the deadline of Feb 22nd (Ragnarok) has passed. So now they are in trouble.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Komodo
Sorry ..
... or 1 or 2 C-130s (or bigger) loaded up with nothing but chaff...

There are some that ARE loaded up with nothing but chaff, it's to lay down a sort of radar dead zone. When they dropped the test run on Huntsville, they had the northern half of Alabama obscured for about six hours.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That's a LOT OF CHAFF! and very persistent too from beginning to end. that trail is almost, what, 100 k long? whatever was laying down that chaff would have to be really hauling tail! I still think the radar caught the "knuckle" left by something traveling very, very fast, some sort of lifting body returning to Earth from space. And why not? Australians are very smart, and technically very advanced and I don't see them not building they're own "X-37B" type of platform to support they're national requirements. ANd there's plenty of space on the Australian landmass to hide all kinds of things. but i just have to say it again. That would be a LOT of chaff !

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It wasn't chaff you d#ckheads! I just told you what it is!

It was done from space!

The same ones hurling rocks at us; causing all the problems with the weather; and knocking all the military planes out of the sky over the last couple months. Including the American helicopter that crashed in England.

They are cleaning up our mess!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

HigherTruth
It wasn't chaff you d#ckheads! I just told you what it is!

It was done from space!

The same ones hurling rocks at us; causing all the problems with the weather; and knocking all the military planes out of the sky over the last couple months. Including the American helicopter that crashed in England.

They are cleaning up our mess!!

Now that's an interesting little pistachio to crack! "Chaff from Space!". Sounds like a Dr Who episode. But an intersting problem to contemplate. How would you make a piece of chaff thin enough BUT with enough mass to re-enter the atmosphere and spell a big "S" over the ocean, AND do it so that it could be caught on a weather radar that is pretty much "chaff proof" in the first place? if the WTX radar is seeing chaff, it's either broken or your using it wrong. Another thing it could have been? george soros tossed a roll of his gold plated toilet paper out the window of his "phantom Cruiser", just because he's a d#ckhead !

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

Meh, I killed Sammael last month. It can't be him.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join