It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'S'-shaped radar phenomenon appears off WA coast

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Mianeye

Cool indeed. But seldom so symmetrical.
Why, it's almost as if it's a digital artifact of some sort.

edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

This post cost someone's government 10 cents.

2nd line.

inb4 phage tries to deconstruct every word in my one-liner and comes up short, like his paycheck for posting here.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Mianeye
reply to post by Phage

I had to come up with something, serpent and nessi was used so with a little imagination, a dragon it became

Calling bs on the originality of your drawing. Almost perfect copy of Trogdor the Burninator

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gz1DIIxmEE[/youtube]

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps it's time to start paying more attention to what people don't say. You would've had a head start on this one.

You don't have to be absurd about it either, it's quite easy to use common sense. It's all about reasonable expectations. Nobody reasonably expected the BOM to state 'not dragon', so the fact that they didn't say it is irrelevant. Many people reasonably expected the BOM to state 'artifact', so the fact that they didn't say it is relevant.

For a critical thinker such as yourself, I find it hard to believe that you're so opposed to reading between the lines. Obviously it's ideal to base theories on what is said, but to pretend there is no useful information at all in the subtext seems pretty silly to me. Why be intentionally (and entirely) ignorant of subtext?

Oh, and for future reference: suggesting the phenomena in the OP is something outrageous (like a dragon) is a joke. Suggesting that somebody else in the thread believes something outrageous (when they have not made any claims to that effect) is an insult. I don't care if people make jokes about the phenomena in the OP being a dragon. I take offence when you jokingly suggest that I believe it is a dragon.

You may have been trying to make a joke, but your joke was directed at me personally, not at the subject material. I appreciate that you did apologise, but in the same post you immediately went on to justify your actions - so it's kinda hard to take the apology too seriously.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

For me, it's even more suspicious that the Australian Military have subsequently claimed it was caused by them, without telling us how they could possibly have created a huge S-shape radar return.

Apparently they feel you ought not know about the latest in chaff technology, but that's ok, ours have been trying to obfuscate it here, too. It's hard to hide it when they do it at low altitude over a populated area, though.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Fixing prior vid for where whathisname copied

Trogdor the Burininator!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Its the baited drum lines. C'mon Col catch those sharks!

Na ya all got it wrong. Barnett is using the baited drum lines to attract the sharks in to a special formation; the sharks will entice the Wagyl , the wagyl will then come under Barnetts control. Barnett was always a Big Thinker
Problem solved no more pesky sharks eating humans, Wagyl now protects the WA coast.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Wagyl (alternative spelling Waugl, Waugal or Waagal) is, according to Noongar culture, a snakelike dreamtime creature responsible for the creation of the Swan and Canning Rivers and other waterways and landforms around present day Perth and the south-west of Western Australia

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

Keywords: Regular geometric shapes of chaff, Anti-radar, diazo-fluorine

Not sure how to upload pcis
but in the following patent they show how the tech can be formed into s-shapes

Anti-radar space-filling and/or multilevel chaff dispersers

Publication number EP1317018 A2
Publication type Application
Application number EP20020380242
Publication date Jun 4, 2003
Filing date Nov 27, 2002
Priority date Nov 30, 2001
Also published as EP1317018A3, US6876320, US20030137442
Inventors Baliarda Carles Puente

google: Patent EP1317018A2 - Anti-radar space-filling and/or multilevel ...
www.google.com/patents/EP1317018A2?cl=en‎

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't know enough about state-of-the-art military hardware, but could a "chaffing device" create a ribbon of coloured light in the sky as shown in the fisherman's photos?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Smidge
I don't know enough about state-of-the-art military hardware, but could a "chaffing device" create a ribbon of coloured light in the sky as shown in the fisherman's photos?

I'm with Phage, what that looks like is a slow shutter speed photo of a bright star or a planet, with motion blur.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Possibly High-frequency active auroral research program?!! or maybe some other country is doing it?!!
I'v seen clouds in the formations of lines just last week. Just imagine a druggy splitting lines of "Flour" on the table. That is how the clouds looked like. The American program is known to cause weird cloud patterns in the sky, and as well as weird noises. Or perhaps..... some sort of alien testing??!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by McAppleCrisp

The American program is known to cause weird cloud patterns in the sky, and as well as weird noises.

Substitute "claimed" for "known" then put a "falsely" in front of it and your statement will be correct.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Checked the Australian Navy webpage. Under the heading: 'Latest Exercises' they have nothing listed for February 2014. Seemingly odd, since they're now claiming that an ongoing exercise was the cause of the strange S shape seen off the coast of Western Australia, on weather radar. Link to that page, below:
www.navy.gov.au...

edit on 14-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added link address

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ross 54
Checked the Australian Navy webpage. Under the heading: 'Latest Exercises' they have nothing listed for February 2014...

"Exercise" doesn't necessarily mean milling about with ships. A chaff drop would fit.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Except that they specifically called it an 'exercise' and an ongoing one at that:

A spokesman for the Department of Defence said in a statement on Thursday that the exercise was a regular training activity involving ships and aircraft designed to prepare a Navy warship for an operational deployment.

"The environmental conditions over the West Australian coast at the time of the activity provided a unique opportunity for this routine activity to be visible on the weather radar display," he said.

"This exercise is ongoing."

That said, that list of exercises on the Aus Navy website looks more like a promotional listing than an something intended to be a complete and accurate listing.

I also wouldn't really expect the Navy to publicise all of its exercises.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

regular training activity

Regular training activities are routine activities. Just about every time a fighter jet takes off, it's a training activity. I went on what's know as a dependents cruise once on a destroyer. Training activities I saw included fire drills, mock missile launches, mock torpedo launches. I'm pretty sure none of those were published anywhere. Or even that the ship had left port.

It seems you are equating "regular training activity" with organized military maneuvers. They are not one and the same.

The single screen shot in the OP made it hard to determine what was going on. When a sequence was available it became obvious what was going on. They were chaff dispersals. Training exercises.

edit on 2/14/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This training exercise was claimed to involve a Naval warship and planes. The Navy didn't hesitate to mention the alleged exercise when asked about it by the meteorologists. If this was something too sensitive to list on their website, they needn't have responded to the BOM at all, and would have been wise not to, it seems.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added word to clarify meaning

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you confusing my post with another? I'm not equating anything with anything. The DOD spokesman said it was an 'ongoing exercise'. The link supplied shows the 'current exercises' for the Navy, and this exercise is not listed.

They called it an exercise, I'm calling it an exercise - simple as that.

I suspect almost all of the 'exercises' listed on the Navy website are ultimately training exercises. For example, from the description of the exercise 'Sea Lion 2013'

During the exercise, participants will hone amphibious procedures and training systems. A key element will be the transfer of soldiers, vehicles and equipment to landing craft for an amphibious lodgement.

No need to confuse things by adding a bunch of different terminology. The DOD spokesman called it an ongoing training exercise, that's what I'm calling it.

EDIT: By 'sequence' do you mean another radar image of the same geographical area from later in the day? That's the only 'sequence' I can find on this thread - did someone cap the full looped sequence in which the original 'S' appeared? I've had a look through the thread and couldn't find that sequence.
edit on 14-2-2014 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I'm talking about this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No capture of the entire radar loop but there is a single image here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you follow the discussion you can get an idea of what the loop showed.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, I had a feeling that's what you were referring to. The way you had worded your post made it seem like a still shot was initially all we had, then a full sequence later became available.

Initially you were commenting on the symmetry of the image, suggesting this was an indication it was an artifact. Would you expect a chaff drop to appear symmetrical on a radar image? Certainly the second image supplied doesn't look remotely symmetrical.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When I first saw the image I jokingly said it must be the rainbow serpent to my other half.

SirDrinksalot

weirdguy
reply to post by Arken

Sky Serpent... And it is huge...

Yes! I believe you are correct, lets look at it this way.
A weather radar that is showing a serpentine shape can only be one thing.
The great nature spirit of creation, the Rainbow Serpent.
Legends or Dreamtime Stories of creation about the Rainbow Serpent among Australian Aboriginals is wide spread across the country.

Now now, these Aboriginals apparently existed thousands of years but they never managed to build a house....

They didn't even progress intelligently from the day we know of their existence to the day they got in our way. They still lived in caves and drew # pictures on the walls...in about one sixteenth (1/16) of the time we know of aboriginal existence, the west (Europe) went from being fish to the Victorian era of Industry, exploration, law and order, education, navigation and numerous other things.

Stupid is as stupid does and Africa and Aboriginals are examples of this.

Sorry, in the case of this thread, the way software code is written, this is a well known system reticulating artifact, that is why it is a mathematical (ie. symetrical) artifact.
edit on 12-2-2014 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

As an Australian aboriginal its idiots like this guy that keeps the human race from moving forward by making stupid comments.
My ancestors didn't have to create anything fancy because all that they knew was the simple life and they were happy just to live off the land and be one with their surroundings. I feel bad for my 2 sons that have to grow up in a world with guys like him.
I know I probably overreacted but his comment reminded me of a bad memory where a guy made a similar comment to me back when I was younger and it made me feel like crap.

Speaking of crap, heres M.Bison with a message to you:

edit on 15/2/14 by SephirothX2004! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join