It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'S'-shaped radar phenomenon appears off WA coast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

SirDrinksalot

weirdguy
reply to post by Arken

Sky Serpent... And it is huge...

Yes! I believe you are correct, lets look at it this way.
A weather radar that is showing a serpentine shape can only be one thing.
The great nature spirit of creation, the Rainbow Serpent.
Legends or Dreamtime Stories of creation about the Rainbow Serpent among Australian Aboriginals is wide spread across the country.

Now now, these Aboriginals apparently existed thousands of years but they never managed to build a house....

They didn't even progress intelligently from the day we know of their existence to the day they got in our way. They still lived in caves and drew # pictures on the walls...in about one sixteenth (1/16) of the time we know of aboriginal existence, the west (Europe) went from being fish to the Victorian era of Industry, exploration, law and order, education, navigation and numerous other things.

Stupid is as stupid does and Africa and Aboriginals are examples of this.

Sorry, in the case of this thread, the way software code is written, this is a well known system reticulating artifact, that is why it is a mathematical (ie. symetrical) artifact.
edit on 12-2-2014 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

Both racist and uneducated

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It looks like a search and rescue pattern from an aircraft / surface vessel.

Using Google Earth with the Ocean options set shows a similar ocean floor pattern. Its not exact by any stretch of the imagination but thought I would throw it out there as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrr thaaar be dragons

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

it's the wogal the dreamtime serpent big medicine it produced the swan valley there'

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

Dear Sir drinksalot your lack of knowledge and understanding of a race of people astounds me??? it seems some people as yourself think progress for the betterment of mankind( house.car.toys ) is the key...... while these people subsited in a very hostile envoirnment and not only survived but prospered and didn't screw the land I'd call that progress.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That make me think of something, allmost like its the "eye" of a storm.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If that's a dragon, that's one to battle Godzilla. lol

And Sirdrinksalot... I think you should be cut off. You're starting to sound like the drunken arsehole at the bar that rambles on nonsense, with the one eye closed, and inebriated swager....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's Rayquaza.

Better get my Master Ball ready.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am taking this a whole new way because we are not thinking it could be a odd angle of something we should be all worried about!!
I think it looks like a a top view (radar) of the missile contrail we see all the time in tests.missile test I am thinking of the top down look at a corkscrew launch test of a Big Missile...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol. whatever are you suggesting? :0

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Since rain and cloud have been ruled out, some kind of radar artifact has been suggested. I find no mention of a 'system reticulating artifact' on the internet, which was mentioned above. This is not to say that such a thing does not exist, but a supporting citation or link would be appreciated.

I looked through many images of radar artifacts on Google images. The Wikipedia article on weather radar, linked below, has a section (5), with images, on radar artifacts. In neither case did I find anything similar to the image in the OP.
The fact that such a serpentine image is completely unfamiliar to the operators of this radar argues against it being an artifact, for shouldn't it have shown up before, even if infrequently?
We find that radar operators learn what to expect from their systems and the surveyed atmospheric areas. Rings, circles and radial artifacts are seen repeatedly and are well understood.
I note that this radar return is about 45 km (28 mi.) from one end to the other. The highest energy returns are not continuous, but distributed along the s-like line, as many points and blobs of varying sizes. Only the lower energy returns are continuous in this pattern.

A sine of the times ? Actually not. The crests and troughs of a sine wave are symmetrical. One half of this radar return is wider than the other. This looks more like a capital letter S, in some fonts, with the top smaller than the bottom. We see that the 'S' is mirror reversed from our viewpoint, below it. From above, high in the air, it would be a proper S.

Extraterrestrial sky writing on a truly massive scale? Who can say? It is, at least for the time being, a fascinating mystery. An eerie coincidence that the place where the radar is located is well outside of Perth, at a place called Serpentine .
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added link address

edit on 12-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected link address

edit on 12-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected link address

edit on 12-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected spelling, added information.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
maybe it's like a cropcircle.
but not a circle.
and not in crops?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

taoistguy
maybe it's like a cropcircle.
but not a circle.
and not in crops?

I like that idea! An immense pattern in the air likely could not be attributed to hoaxers. Actually, S-like forms are quite common in crop formations, both proper, and mirror-reversed, like this one. We also have the matter of the formation citing cultural features, as often has happened in crop circles. In this case, a serpent-like form from a radar at Serpentine, Western Australia.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

SirDrinksalot

violet

Timely
reply to post by violet

Could take a while, since it is off the west coast of Australia ...

( damn sea snakes ! )

yes I just realized that lol

I though WA. Was for Washington state

You do realise there is a whole world outside of the USA and except for Africa, Russia the Middle East and South America, its probably much better in every way than your un "United" states!

I thank you for your post, it is reassuring to stereotyping...

Okay, seriously...between this and the borderline racist post after this, I have to ask.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Australia, hmm? The Return of the Rainbow Serpent! She is supposed to come back, you know...

Very interesting looking "anomaly." I would look to the artifact issue first, however, before jumping to the mystical. Even if the mystical is way more fun.

ETA: (Not the first with this idea, I see...) The Aboriginal "song lines" stretch back tens of thousands of years to describe the geography, their system of laws, their spiritual beliefs, and have been proven to be accurate in terms of Geologists confirming the song lines accuracy of the landscape back 10,000 or so. It is one of the oldest oral traditions in the world - a glimpse back at the dawn of mankind. In our rapid-fire, throw-away culture where we can't remember what happened the last 10 years, much less 10,000, I find it fascinating, and extremely valuable in the rich tapestry of humanity - just my opinion...

edit on 12-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: info

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well everything in Australia wants to kill you anyway... why not the clouds?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Respect you phage so please let it be a dragon that would be so different lol
my grandson loves dragons

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can see how 'digital artifact' is the most likely explanation, but this seems like a fairly strange artifact to me. It's a recognisable pattern, obviously, but it doesn't look completely symmetrical.

If it was a traditional artifact, then surely the radar operators at the Bureau of Meteorology would be very quick to confirm this. The fact that the BOM are talking about a real-world phenomenon as being the cause of this means that if this is an artifact, it is certainly an anomaly within the subset of radar artifacts.

I actually think some sort of military experiment is a far more likely explanation, particularly given the remoteness of the area.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Looks like an "s" turn, like the shuttle used to perform to slow down in the atmosphere when returning to the Cape Canaveral. I wonder if it's heading back to some "secret" space facility ? Oh well, guess we'll never know !

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

The fact that the BOM are talking about a real-world phenomenon as being the cause of this means that if this is an artifact, it is certainly an anomaly within the subset of radar artifacts.

I don't see where the BOM are talking about a real-world phenomenon as being the cause. Seems all they said is that it isn't a cloud. Also seems they aren't particularly fascinated by it.
edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join