It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social programming + the collapse of religion and values.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

What about Orphans then? or are they all super evil killers or something?.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

glad to see you back on here boymonkey.
since we got our morals
and values from evolution, lets see some
morals and values in the animal kingdom shall we.

I think most monkeys will urinate and defecate in public? Right??

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We have a bigger brain, more intelligence and more communication between each other also more social and cultural than our monkey cousins. It has always been in us human beings.
Morality existed before any religion because it what is in us and makes us unique.
I know my morality comes from me because of the feeling I get of right and wrong, I do good things because it feels right not because I will get punished if I don't later after death.
Fake morality comes from religion real comes from within.
edit on 3-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Just like the guy who falls away from Christianity and becomes an evangelical atheist.

So when that person is a Christian they are moral. When they are atheist they are immoral. So that persons morality depended on Christianity.

Since you shared a personal story I will.

My mother is a doctor who many many years ago opened a care home for medically fragile children. We've had 19 kids come into our home, and for the most part stay until they are 18. Ranging from an assortment of illnesses and severity. Half their parents were criminals, had physically or sexually abused their kids, and never wanted to visit them after placed in our home. The other half loved their kids but lacked the medical training to care for them. The majority of those parents were Christian. My mother cares for them 24/7 and the pay is under minimum wage. Wakes up at various times when the rest of the World is sleeping to administer medication and breathing treatments. My mother is an atheist.

So when you tell me atheists are immoral because they lack Christianity I can only shrug my shoulders and say "if you say so buddy".

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It seems some churches agree with you.

People who think a person can only be moral with religion must be a sociopaths because they would be murdering vandals without the threat of hell.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry that difficult words confuse you, but that is just how I talk (yes i use words like that when i speak) and type. Obtuse isn't a buzzword, it is an adjective describing how you are willfully misinterpretting my explanations despite repeating them clearly enough several times. Maybe get a dictionary, because I don't plan on using simple words to debate with you. That being said, do you plan on actually refuting any of my points or are you going to continue to focus on trivial things while disregarding the bulk of my post?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

i am not your buddy, if you need a buddy look somewhere else.

personal story:

My wife and I (not my mommy) took in and cared for medically
challenged foster children and abused foster children.
We took kids 24 hours a day, seven days a week and raised
our own four children as well. We are Catholic.
We did this for ten plus years and served over 100 children. We are Catholic.

If you continue to spout that Catholics/Christians are unholy,
and less moral and less value driven than atheists i just have
to shake my head and roll my eyes back into my head and think
"Pal, you got way too many unresolved emotional trauma issues to overcome in one lifetime."

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

that is an extremely phoney apology, not genuine at all and thus is a lie.

Where I come from the men that I am akin to follow this moral and value:
Say what you mean and mean what you say and do not lie.

Do you have that societal moral and value inculcated intrinsically within you?

You are not using big WORDS. you used ONE BIG WORD "OBTUSE".

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
OP - www.youtube.com...

Watch the above and it will open years eyes to what has happend and why it has happened!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

""So when you tell me atheists are immoral because they lack Christianity I can only shrug my shoulders and say ""

Go find where I said that clearly crazy if you got that from my conversation.

Again, psychotherapy will help.
Resentment is the root of all spiritual illness.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Whatever.

Say what you mean and mean what you say and do not lie.

I did, that is why I used the word obtuse. Also I'm glad you discovered I wasn't being serious about the apology, it is essential to recognizing sarcasm.

I guess the answer to this question:

That being said, do you plan on actually refuting any of my points or are you going to continue to focus on trivial things while disregarding the bulk of my post?

Is no and you are just trolling me. Good to know, now I know not to respond to you anymore.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

you have aped this two or three times now:
"" That being said, do you plan on actually refuting any of my points? ""

I went back and re read from page 44-45 your posts
and have not found a point that you were making.
You were basically preaching about how you believe
morals and values get transferred from one generation to another.

You said society determines and teaches morals and values.

I refuted that and said mom and dad do that.
mom and dad determine and teach morals and values.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

No you took two parts of my description on how morals are transfered from one generation to the next and tried to interpret that as two separate ways that morals are passed on. Then you tried to elude to them being contradictory, and I've patiently explained to you that they are not contradictory. You on the other hand have given no decent rebuttal to ANYTHING I've said. You haven't offered up your own opinion on how morals are transfered, you haven't described why you think I am wrong, all you've done is try to (incorrectly) ridicule my posts. Stop dancing around the issues and actually offer up a rebuttal worth talking about.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

"But I think they always were, only before they had no choice as to what part they played. Now, they do have some say as to if and to what degree they choose to play, or not to play. "

Yes you can make that choices argument and I agree with the tobacco example you gave; if someone, regardless of gender, wants to take up an addictive, expensive and health damaging habit hey it is a free country. I would suggest larger issues should be looked at nationally with sending our girls into combat in more direct ways, the reason why we send young people is because we know that they will go and so the question is do we want to put a rifle in the hands of our daughters & grand-daughters & send them directly into combat? We already do that with our boys.
I (well my wife really) was watching an Opra show on this topic no-one brought up any point even closely resembling anything I am saying it was all kind of like "well the military is still behind in the gender equality area" Which, you know, probably is true I am just saying there is a larger picture.
That being said your other post on equality I agree with, in essence.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i am not your buddy, if you need a buddy look somewhere else.

So you love me but I am not your buddy? There is something in your New Testament about that isn't there?
Apologies neighbor. I will henceforth work under the understanding we are not friends.

My wife and I (not my mommy)

Lol! Did you really just make a jab at me for using my mother as an example of a moral person? heh.

What's next? Your dad can beat up my dad?

took in and cared for medically
challenged foster children and abused foster children.
We took kids 24 hours a day, seven days a week and raised
our own four children as well. We are Catholic.

That's fantastic
That's a great thing.

I never made the claim you're not moral because you're Catholic. I never said morality depended on being an atheist!

YOU are the one making the claim morality depended on religion. I am simply saying it does not. People can be moral without religion. You're switching the argument and putting words in my mouth.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Go find where I said that clearly crazy if you got that from my conversation.

It was logically inferred from this:

And all the ethics are borrowed from religion and their morals, which is why the atheism and moral relativism and secular humanism is such a phoney fake preposterous world view.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

what about orphans boy monkey.

what kind of tangential thought
processes produced this clang??

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

where is your story about your superior morality?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join