It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and Evolution described in one sentence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One is a science, based on evidence, and the other is a system of beliefs based on faiths.

Now stop fighting.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

Doesn't it take faith to reach those scientific findings? They don't know going in what is going to happen, they can only have faith that they will reach what they want. My 2 cents, good luck

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah no that won't work.

The only way of getting them to stop is just sit back let them argue and drink a nice cold beer while they're doing it. They can argue but you don't always have to be in the fray, sometimes it's better to let them tire. It's like two kids who argue about xbox and ps3 being better than one another. Same concept.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

well about religion and science or should I say Creation and Evolution:

There was Creation BEFORE Evolution yet there was Evolution before Creation......

If I can elaborate a little bit:there was Creation of LIFE (that PRIME ENERGY which every LIVING things in the universe has a tiny bit of),before there was Evolution on Earth....Yet there was Evolution on Earth before there was Creation of Mankind.
I think THAT is what is causing the fuss;when you consider that neither of them is fundamentally wrong,then you get that unified theory when one simply complete the other......

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
"The greatest untold story is the evolution of God." - G.I. Gurdjieff

Science and religion both have had significant places in our history. I don't see what the hub-bub is all about; why does one need to deny the other? One appeals more to the intellect, one to the emotional - as humans we are comprised of both and both are valid and undeniable.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

CleanCare
One is a science, based on evidence, and the other is a system of beliefs based on faiths.

Now stop fighting.

I think you solved the problem (of course not).

Science makes assumptions, integrates them into a theory, and considers the theory a foundation for scientific discovery. Unfortunately, as we have seen innumerable times, things that do not fit the theory, or scientists that do not adhere to the theory, are thrown out.

Religion tells us where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. In the case of Christianity, it relies on historical written records that are subject to the exegesis of scholars.

Science tells us where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. In the case of Science, it relies on historical written records of experiments that are subject to the exegesis of scholars.

They are both religions IMHO.

Science is the religion of the State, which needs science to advance the power of the State over other States. For example, science was emphasized in our schools after Sputnik crossed our skies and told us we were no longer #1. President Eisenhower then signed into law greater budget allowances for science in the schools. The State religion pressed evolution into the textbooks at a rate never before seen, literally 10 times more "education" about it. Not more than a few years after his presidency, abortion laws were passed after we discovered that we were mere animals, we live by survival of the fittest, that there is no God. Now we were able to pass laws for abortion with little or no consideration for any God or respect for our mere animal life. Finally, we became able to manage our families by killing our unborn for the sake of our own personal progress, which collectively improves the progress of the State.

Is this the appropriate religion for us, or could it be that a religion based on consideration and love for others may be better?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Evidence or conjecture?

Evidence or consensus?

Evidence or common sense?

Please stop. You cannot win this argument. No one can ... Ever!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Science is a belief waiting to be disproved.
Religion is a belief waiting to be fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

CleanCare

What about documented cases of miracle cures? That's religion AND it has evidence ... ???

Anyways, I'll add this one sentence to your own sentence ...
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein,

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Doesn't it take faith to reach those scientific findings? They don't know going in what is going to happen, they can only have faith that they will reach what they want. My 2 cents, good luck

No, no it doesn't.

That is just the latest propaganda campaign from the religious movement to try to deter people from science. No it is not faith, belief, or a religion.

Can't wait till that one falls out of style. But then they will just find another completely inaccurate campaign to go on about.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Jim Scott

CleanCare

Now stop fighting.

I think you solved the problem (of course not).

Science makes assumptions, integrates them into a theory, and considers the theory a foundation for scientific discovery. Unfortunately, as we have seen innumerable times, things that do not fit the theory, or scientists that do not adhere to the theory, are thrown out.

Please tell me which "things" do not fit a theory and which scientists that have been thrown out?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

CleanCare

Now stop fighting.

You're right, religion is a science based on evidence.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

oktopus
religion is a science based on evidence.

I dunno' ....

sci·ence noun - the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Tell me where you find that in the Abrahamic religions ... I'm not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

FlyersFan

oktopus
religion is a science based on evidence.

I dunno' ....

sci·ence noun - the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Tell me where you find that in the Abrahamic religions ... I'm not seeing it.

Why restricing the definition of science to your propaganda?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

oktopus

1 - I"m not 'restricting' anything. I got the definition from the dictionary.
2 - Propaganda? What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know? (answer .. NO).
You know nothing about me and I posted nothing that was skewed in any direction.
Stop deflecting. Ad hominem attacks

Answer the question. How do the Abrahamic religions fulfill the definition of 'science'.
You said it did. I gave the definition of science. SHOW HOW IT FITS.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

FlyersFan

oktopus

1 - I"m not 'restricting' anything. I got the definition from the dictionary.
2 - Propaganda? What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know? (answer .. NO).
You know nothing about me and I posted nothing that was skewed in any direction.
Stop deflecting. Ad hominem attacks

Answer the question. How do the Abrahamic religions fulfill the definition of 'science'.
You said it did. I gave the definition of science. SHOW HOW IT FITS.

I find your definition of science to be propaganda. It's incomplete. Jesus' teaching is a science.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

oktopus
I find your definition of science to be propaganda.

What part of - 'it's from the dictionary' don't you get?

Jesus' teaching is a science.

Again ... you say it is. I'm asking you to show how it is.

Here .. I"ll even get you started with an opening sentence ...

Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. In my opinion, Jesus teaching is science because it does this. Here are some examples -

Okay ... there ya' go ... finish the paragraph ....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan

oktopus
I find your definition of science to be propaganda.

What part of - 'it's from the dictionary' don't you get?

Jesus' teaching is a science.

Again ... you say it is. I'm asking you to show how it is.

Here .. I"ll even get you started with an opening sentence ...

Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. In my opinion, Jesus teaching is science because it does this. Here are some examples -

Okay ... there ya' go ... finish the paragraph ....

You're funny. Why do you go buy dictionairies? Don't you have anything inside?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well i guess if that is how you feel about it. I tend to stay away from things involving religion. I had just put that in there to show that one sentence could not solve this heated debate.

ETA: I never said that science was a faith or believe or a religion.
I said you need faith in science, you know faith in the fact the scientific method will show what you are trying to prove/disprove or find the latest and greatest . Having faith can just be another way of saying having trust in something.
edit on thWed, 12 Feb 2014 15:08:14 -0600America/Chicago220141480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

oktopus
You're funny. Why do you go buy dictionairies? Don't you have anything inside?

You're deflecting. Answer the question .... how is Jesus teaching 'science'??
It's a simple question. Back up your statement with information.
Try to convince us that what you said is actually accurate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join