It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of existense of god

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I said this entity would be extremely beyond our comprehension for our brains to fathom. That leads me to my next question, with this entity in mind, what are "their" origins?

back to the OP

"entity would be extremely beyond our comprehension for our brains to fathom"

having said that, what makes you think its any easier to comprehend the " Origin of the entity ". You cant not define/limit the "product" and hope to trace its roots back to a machine that made it/birthed it.

Another way of looking at it, say I was fostered out as an orphan. A doctor before investigating my illness asks who my parents were. I have no frame of reference to give them a meaningful answer. He would then look at a range of case histories and see if I fit that pattern. Or he could spend more time and money and look at predispositions through antigens or Dna testing

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Bleeeeep
reply to post by taoistguy

I have nothing against science, only the way people use / see it. They use it in place of faith and that is disheartening.

They have faith in science. People always place faith in something or someone. Faith doesn't imply faith in a god.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Ok, but then there is no matter in the place where the energy exists. Matterless energy. You guys will probably have something to reply to that. What I really wonder is, who cares!

If God commands you to smash your skull with a brick you must do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
We understands the Universe only with the capabilities and cognitive limitations of our brains. For all we know the Sun and even the Earth could be conscious entities but not in a way we understand just as singular cells within our bodies cannot comprehend the entire structure its part of.

Humans are mere cells in the structure that is the universe we have a long way to go before we even come close to understanding its secrets in its entirety in my belief and who know if that's even possible.

I think its comforting to think of an entity a "GOD' who is the engineer of it all, our brains need a filler to fill the mystery we cannot see past but i think its far more comforting to think that everything that exists is a stroke of pure chance and random occurrence and we should be glad that we are here instead of wondering why we are here and for what purpose well not too much anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

There is neither matter nor energy in empty space.

If God commands you to smash your skull with a brick you must do it.

Do you really believe this?
edit on 2/16/2014 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

But enlightened one said they found energy in a vacuum box.

Yeah, when God says to do whatever, do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

There are debatable elements of energy called Vacuum Energy but this is not the typical energy that is capable of defining matter as we understand it.

I am a bit concerned about your comment. If someone brought harm to you or your family and claimed God told them to do it would you allow it?
edit on 2/16/2014 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You should consider the story of Abraham.

God told Abraham to sacrifice his son to Him. So Abraham did. Preparing the altar probably tying up his son unto it, God interrupted Abraham saying it was ok Abraham didn't have to continiue anymore. Abraham proved loyalty to God whatever.

In my example, when you found a brick and took in in your hand, God would interrupt (if He does).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

So was that a yes? You would allow others to bring harm upon you?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How can you not allow them to? Your question really confuses me.
edit on 17-2-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Jesus is the only way to the Father. Noone comes to the Father exept by Him. I guess one needs Jesus to prove the existence of the Father. But whoever has seen Jesus, has also seen the Father.

You could also consider all of creation to be proof of God. If there are any smart enough to understand.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

oktopus
Jesus is the only way to the Father. Noone comes to the Father exept by Him. I guess one needs Jesus to prove the existence of the Father. But whoever has seen Jesus, has also seen the Father.

You could also consider all of creation to be proof of God. If there are any smart enough to understand.

Jesus did not want us to worship him like most People do these days. How did Jesus really want us to fallow him?

Jesus aslo said if we have queations we should ask God. But why do we ask Jesus?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

spy66
Jesus did not want us to worship him like most People do these days.

Why don't you do what He told?

spy66
How did Jesus really want us to fallow him?

Do to your neighbour as you would like to be done to yourself.

spy66

Jesus aslo said if we have questions we should ask God. But why do we ask Jesus?

How should I know? If you're that smart why don't you do what LORD Jesus said?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Jesus haven't told me to do anything. The Only People who have given me instructions are Preachers i have no faith in.

What have Jesus told you?

That is common sense. I didn't need anyone to tell me that.

I will tell you why you dont know. Because Jesus haven't told you anything, and Jesus never wanted you to ask him or pray to him according to the words written in the Bible. Jesus wanted you to pray to God.
If Jesus wanted you to pray to God. Wouldn't God be the one you also should be asking questions if you have questions?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

spy66
reply to post by oktopus

Jesus haven't told me to do anything.
Oh, why are you suddenly going that way?

The Only People who have given me instructions are Preachers i have no faith in.
I see your hate towards anything enlightened

I advise you to read the bible for that, I won't get into my personal life here at the moment.

Why did you bother asking?

I will tell you why you dont know. Because Jesus haven't told you anything, and Jesus never wanted you to ask him or pray to him according to the words written in the Bible. Jesus wanted you to pray to God.
If Jesus wanted you to pray to God. Wouldn't God be the one you also should be asking questions if you have questions?

If I told you, you would be going "I didn't need anyone to tell me that".

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

oktopus

spy66
reply to post by oktopus

Jesus haven't told me to do anything.
Oh, why are you suddenly going that way?

The Only People who have given me instructions are Preachers i have no faith in.
I see your hate towards anything enlightened

I advise you to read the bible for that, I won't get into my personal life here at the moment.

Why did you bother asking?

If I told you, you would be going "I didn't need anyone to tell me that".

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

When it comes to religion. You can ask Your self who the reall TROLL IS.

The Bible instrukts you not to believe in the Word of man.

Who have preached you the Words from the Bible? Jesus??
You would be a laier if you said yes, wouldnt you?

The question is: Who doyou really fallow. The TROLL or the Words of Jesus?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

spy66

Is it this you are referring to? Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in humans?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

oktopus

spy66

Is it this you are referring to? Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in humans?

I have never read the Bible but i know its content.

I liked this one better it explains what i mean a lot better: KJV 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

This is very serious when it comes to preached religion. Because you have to know if s/he is preaching the truth and the actual understanding of what Jesus meant.

But you can ask Your self how reliable Our Preachers are, when not even Jesus's disciples understood what Jesus was teaching.

How you ever tested the preached religion With God, to verify if the preacher is telling the truth?

Or do you have to put Your faith in it?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

spy66

oktopus

spy66

I liked this one better it explains what i mean a lot better: KJV 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

This is very serious when it comes to preached religion. Because you have to know if s/he is preaching the truth and the actual understanding of what Jesus meant.

But you can ask Your self how reliable Our Preachers are, when not even Jesus's disciples understood what Jesus was teaching.

How you ever tested the preached religion With God, to verify if the preacher is telling the truth?

What is better? To know all of the things instructed by the bible and to try to live by them, or to make Jesus your LORD and follow the way He prepared?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

oktopus

spy66

oktopus

spy66

What is better? To know all of the things instructed by the bible and to try to live by them, or to make Jesus your LORD and follow the way He prepared?

How can you make Jesus Your lord and fallow the way he prepared if you dont know if you are on Jesus right path?

That is blind faith isnt it? That would be gambling With Your future. I have a feeing a lot of christians do that. How can you fallow the way he prepared if you dont know the way?

I always ask God for help. And God does help. God helps me understand the Bible. God thought me howe wrong religious Preachers are about Genesis Chapter 1. and 2. And a lot more when it comes to the Word of the Bible.

God also thought me that the Bible is proof that everything is pre planned. If you believe the Word of the Bible you have to believe this to.
Who is choosen to fallow the right path is already decided. Because they have the truth in them.

There is a verse in the Bible that say something in these lines. These Things must pass.........said the Lord.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join