It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really want to fight back against TPTB? Good heres what you do...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I know it's wrong and probably illegal but I'm telling you that it's my job to call the police and watch them do this to people and write a report about it, and if my report says that the police let a poor minority guy dressed in all black walk past a club full of football coaches, actors, and retired executives without even getting his name, then the next day the sheriff gets a call from my boss and the cop gets his butt chewed.

If you haven't got money people with money consider you a threat and they pay people to run you off, not to respect your rights as a citizen.

As I said with SCOTUS citation and another member had kindly elaborated with a list of states that have laws pursuant to that ruling, the police can take you for anything however minor if you have no ID, and they absolutely will make up an excuse even if there is no initial violation if you refuse to identify yourself. They will just to do it, even when the law isn't on their side, and the charges and reports will change as necessary to make it legal before you see a judge. It happens every day- talk to a cop as if you can't believe how they get their job done with all the rights people have and prepare for a belly laugh and a whole litany of stories about dirty tricks they pull.

Edit to add: How it really works Woman accuses cop of sexual assault, he arrests her for completely made up crime of making false allegations against a police officer, on camera, in a courtroom. Later the actual charges filed were different, despite the video evidence of why she was really arrested, to making false statements to a police officer and disturbing the peace.
edit on Wed 12 Feb 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Thats a gross injustice.

This world is truly the world of some evil luciferian entity.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What I see in several of the above posts can be summed up this way: Well, it would be an impossible mess if we did away with money so why be stupid and make an effort?

Think about it this way---who gains when you don't borrow money? You do.
Who gains when you use cash instead of a credit card? Both you and the merchant gain because the merchant doesn't have to pay the fee to the banker to get money from your account. You don't have to waste time paying a credit card bill each month. In addition, the "average" person spends up to 20% more money when using a card than when using cash.
Yes, indeed, it is a small step but like infants, we are learning and making mistakes, falling down and struggling to get up again. But rather than remain prone on the floor screeching about the unfairness of it all, we have to struggle up and go on.
I'll never take down Wal-Mart by boycotting them but that doesn't keep me from boycotting the chain. It's what I can do, small steps, explanations for my actions along the way to those who want to hear.
I'm not out to topple all bankers. I happen to have a local bank that is owned and run by friends and family. I know the people who run it and the people who work there. They are my friends and neighbors who work to provide financial services for the community at a reasonable price. They are not part of any banking cartel that got bailed out with borrowed Chinese money and the top dogs get paid according to their performance.
Somewhere along the way a great percentage of society was apparently brainwashed into the philosophy that says you can't get by without borrowing money. We've moved from simply having a mortgage as the only household debt to using a charge card for our morning coffee. We've gone from a nation of ants to a nation of hungry grasshoppers. Somehow we have to bring some balance and stop digging the hole deeper. We can do it on an individual basis while urging our legislators to take similar measures. But until our own houses are clean, how are we to tell the leaders to clean the nation's house of debt?
Likewise, I laud those who promote self-sufficiency by growing their own food. Unless you are completely homeless you can grow at least a bit of food, even if it's only in pots beside a window or with a light. If you really want to do it you can find a way. But if you want to remain sprawled on the ground crying about the bumpy road you've decided to navigate, cry on, brother. Do what hundreds of thousands have done before you, Cry a river, Build a bridge and get over it.
I'm not trying to be harsh, just realistic. I know what that "crushed by debt" feels like. I was brand new at being out on my own dime when Jimmy Carter took office. I learned some really hard lessons during those years---much like a lot of young people today are learning, except that Jimmy never figured out how to fudge the inflation numbers like everyone since him have done. I really do feel sorry for the generation that includes my grandchildren. For the most part they have no idea how to live without computers and microwave ovens. I see dozens of them in their 20s and 30s living at home, being supported by parents. The whole attitude of a goodly percentage of that generation seems to be that parents "owe" them everything for as long as they live. (That's not to say that this is the first generation to have that attitude. I know quite well that some in my generation were infected. My ex is now 65 years old and lives in his Mom's spare bedroom. She's 82, and bless her heart, still working to support him.)
Heading toward "majority" in the '70s for me and all my friends meant leaving the nest....never to return. For some it was college, some military, some marriage and for others it meant becoming roommates with several other people who couldn't afford an apartment any other way. It meant freedom and that's what we were about.
But that was a different world...with a vastly different "Popsicle Index" in operation. If you are interested in knowing more about the Popsicle Index you can take a look at this: www.ratical.org...
I like a lot of her ideas.
I prefer to focus on building things up, not just tearing down the system. Money has been a part of human civilization for as long as we've gathered around campfires. It's not likely to go away....only the form changes. So I face the facts and make the best of the situation and fight on for a better world for all.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

You missed the point. We are not complaining that it's too hard to be as responsible as the system permits, we are complaining about the built in irresponsibility of an economy where every single dollar is borrowed and the nation is irrevocably in debt to the point where the government needs first fruits in double proportion to what god himself dares ask, even from the poor, just to keep us teetering on the brink.

This is not an an age old and proven system that generations before did just fine with, this is a very new scam that Old Hickory would have shot someone to stop from forming and it's been obviously doomed for two decades or more (or did you think everything was going great in the 90s and that what went up would never come down?)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by MrWendal

Of course if an officer has reasonable suspicion to stop you, or if you have been pulled over for a traffic violation you do have to identify yourself.

If you don't you will generally be charged with obstruction, or resisting without.

I am not aware of a statute that says you will be arrested if you don't have an ID.

I mean if an officer does not have a legal reason to stop you, and you walked up to them and said I do not have an ID they can't arrest you.

I guess I am just arguing semantics.
edit on 12-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

I would recommend you check out each individual statute I provided. You will find one.

I can also assure you, the State of Louisiana does indeed have such a law.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have no debt. Never had it, never will. Once, I was willing to accept a mortgage as a possible debt, but not anymore.

Granted, I don't have lots of nice shinys, my whole wardrobe comes from second hand shops, my car is 11 years old, I have no TV or cable, my phone is pay as you go, and I don't get out much. However, its worth it to know whatever I make will be mine, and that I am not increasing the wealth of some crappy bank.

You can live without debt. It is difficult and gets hairy at times, but it can be done.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join