It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Successfully Raised a Nation of Psychopaths! Great Job!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

SloAnPainful
reply to post by onequestion

Try doing my job. I'm a debt collector.... I hear all kinds of crazy.... EVERY EFFING DAY!

-SAP-

I mailed the check last week, I swear, but then this dog attacked the mailman and ate all his mail when he dropped his bag...I just found out about this today.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Gryphon66

I'm of the mind that it will take a great catastrophe that FORCES us to work together cooperatively again to turn the tide.

And we are isolated, back in the day the people went out and socialized more, we are stuck in front of a TV, computer, Iphone and tablet, myself included.

Waaaaay back in the day there are pictures of what a normal society should do, the downtown and the parks were full. We lost our sense of community and the tribe.

I think it makes us delusional, divided, exhausted,isolated and angry.

edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

The wife and I eat out every week...it is amazing to look around and see tables of couples, or groups of people where most or all are playing with their cell phones instead of interacting with each other.

Pretty sad....

I wonder if the youngest generation (the toddlers of today) will grow up being totally maladjusted and dysfunctional regarding personal interaction.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

If I had a nickel for every time someone told me they mailed the check or money order I'd have a mansion in Maui.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

bbracken677

The wife and I eat out every week...it is amazing to look around and see tables of couples, or groups of people where most or all are playing with their cell phones instead of interacting with each other.

Pretty sad....

I wonder if the youngest generation (the toddlers of today) will grow up being totally maladjusted and dysfunctional regarding personal interaction.

bbracken,

It's already happening. I was talking to a young guy (just turned 21) that works in a coffee shop and he was asking me advice about a chick he was talking to. Here's almost exactly what he told me: When they text each other she is very flirty. However, when they are together they rarely talk, touch, flirt, etc.

It seriously is a lack of human interaction. When your main mode of "flirting" is via text message you lose these abilities in "the real world."

I fear based solely on this example, it's bound to get worse as time goes on and the use of gadgets increases.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not sure if there is much more elaboration to be done.

I suppose one way to make a comparison can be found within the movie, 'Defending Your Life'.

In the film there is a man who is the defense attorney for the main character, played by Albert Brooks. The attorney is played by Rip Torn.

There is one particular scene where the 2 men are having lunch. Brooks' character asks about what R. Torn is eating. He tries a bite and finds it repulsive! Torn then explains that senses, including taste, evolve with knowledge. What he finds delicious may taste terrible to someone with a 'little brain'. As one grows more intelligent, their senses also evolve and their sensory perception increases.

I'd say that you've grown in some manner. Maybe you've become more intelligent, maybe you've become more open minded, or maybe you've seen a change regarding the things you find important in life. I think any of those changes could potentially lead you to notice things all around you, things that had previously remained hidden in plain sight.

I'd say that you're probably a much wiser person than you are enlightened. Your recent perception is probably a bi-product of becoming more enlightened...

Many people don't realize the difference in the 2.

Wisdom is understanding the thoughts of many different people & the ways of the outside world in general, and the probable actions that result from those thoughts.

Being enlightened is to understand your own thoughts, emotions, & actions and the reason for those actions. It is a high level ability to understand your internal self and your ability to identify the probability of your actions based on this understanding.

I'm not sure that is the exact definition, but it is a decent description of the two.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I understand what you mean!

I have migraine headaches from time to time. I've had them for years and I always get an 'aura' that crosses my vision before the headache kicks in. I always used this as an alert of the impending head crusher.

After experiencing these for several years, I realized there is another identifying marker for an upcoming head torture session.

Up to a day before the headache starts I am a very rude person. I'm combative and the slightest thing can seem like a big issue to me, often leading to some not-so-nice words exiting the hole under my nose. The meaner I am seems to coincide with just how tight the vice will be clamped onto my head.

After the headache subsides (several days later), my attitude has changed again. A lot of the stress I felt disappears and I'm in a generally good mood.

I do understand that things are always as they seem. Someone might be a tool, but there may be an underlying issue for this - potentially something the a-hole has yet to even realize.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

We are forced to be under high stress conditions all the time. Most of our check goes towards gas, water, fuel and food. There is no guarantees of a decent retirement. I constantly receive several catty comments from strangers (females) when I am at work or shopping. A young 'beoch' complained about the way how I brewed a strong cup of coffee for my boyfriend and another guy who likes it that way. She said, "Dumb ho brewed a strong cup of coffee". She honestly didn't have enough concern to make a decent cup herself. I am surrounded by nasty, smelly and grasping humans. Since the 60's, people have lost their self respect and show no courtesy to others. Rarely, do I meet a gentleman or lady who is worth speaking to. It's sad.
edit on 13-2-2014 by foxykittybite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by foxykittybite

Whats scary is how many people agree with us.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

WCmutant

bbracken677

Pretty sad....

bbracken,

It's already happening. I was talking to a young guy (just turned 21) that works in a coffee shop and he was asking me advice about a chick he was talking to. Here's almost exactly what he told me: When they text each other she is very flirty. However, when they are together they rarely talk, touch, flirt, etc.

It seriously is a lack of human interaction. When your main mode of "flirting" is via text message you lose these abilities in "the real world."

I fear based solely on this example, it's bound to get worse as time goes on and the use of gadgets increases.

Oddly enough, I read a piece (actually a collection) (I forget the title) that was different people writing about the scariest (?) stuff to imagine about why we havent discovered signs of extraterrestrial intelligence yet.
One that struck me right between the eyes, so to speak, was a piece written about what if all civilizations, once they reach the level of tech we are at or soon will be, just turn inward to a degree that they stop looking outward, stop being interested in anything that isnt part of some personal digital experience. What if we are (as other civilizations have done elsewhere) about to all hook up our brains directly to the internet (so to speak) and never bother to leave our homes ever again? What if all interests lie in the next piece of software, the next digital experience, the next method of being entertained?

What if the total lack of personal interaction eventually results in the death of the species because of a lack of reproduction...

Helluva thought....

edit on 13-2-2014 by bbracken677 because: clarification

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
America can still get worse. Look at Europe. From what i hear of europe from other people through the internet, is girls normally start dressing down at 12, become alcoholics at 16 or 17 with alcohol being available to younger people there, and people there tend to feel entitled to everything. Ther was a girl from Germany that was an exchange student at my high school. I tried to talk to her about her country. She knew none of the history, none of the geography, none of the current events of her country and almost never left her hometown. There was a boy from the Netherlands in my anthropology class. We were talking about "culture shock" ad he talked about how he was surprised people here dont cuss as much as they do in the netherlands. He tells us how some teachers here were shocked to hear him constantly cussing at them.

Europe sucks.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The reality you experience is a reflection of the beliefs you hold.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
take the plank out of your ow take the plank out of your own eye Sycamorshe could more clearl she could more clearly see to remove your neighbors sliverAmen

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

sadsad
take the plank out of your ow take the plank out of your own eye Sycamorshe could more clearl she could more clearly see to remove your neighbors sliverAmen
remove the plank from y so you can se thi this liver in your neighbor in your neighbors I lo lol the sliver

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sadsad

Hmmmm...

You must be from the galactic federation of light?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I posted my rant earlier in this thread about how disgusted I am with people's behavior patterns. Why are people and animals acting so vicious towards each other? It could be multiple factors such as societal values, poisons in food, etc. One other possible explanation could be the amount of radiation we are exposed to??? Could we be making more mutations due to the increase in radiation? This is possible and scary to think about.

We can't just say it's the people in the U.S. that are creating more psychopaths because we are a melting pot. People from all over the world move here in droves. People are more distant towards their neighbor too because you likely have no kinship.
edit on 16-2-2014 by foxykittybite because: add more stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by foxykittybite

Not really, but sort of. It depends on which source of radiation you're referring to. I do think cellphones are messing with people, but overall we're adapting to the increased microwave radiation.

I think, from an environmental toxicity POV, we need to think in an integrated way. It seems that some of these increases interact multiplicative, not merely additive.

So increased sources of toxicity from food, water, & atmosphere interact with things like "superbugs" and what seems to be an increasingly chaotic weather to bring out breaking points within individuals.

It seems that there are individual and collective nervous break-down/through(s) which have been increasing in frequency in the last generation or so.

Overall, there's collective (cultural/social) adaptations which don't jive with some individuals constitutions. That can be good or bad.
edit on 16-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

The evidence shows it's a mainly matter of cumulative exposures, not so much "individual constitutions" - some epigenetic inheritance maybe (most of that's still on the way), but not so-called "genetic susceptibility."

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

None of that conflicts.

An individual's constitution is inhetited. Genetic susceptibility is still a factor in play. To what extent one outweighs the next, we still have no clue.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I believe that the answer to that is simply greed and the lack of morality. So few people do anything just because it's the right thing to do. It's all about what the benefits are for them. If everyone in the US lived by the simplicity of the Golden Rule, what a wonderful place it could be. But because of large corporations chasing out mom and pop stores, you lack the simple enjoyment of customer service. So starts the spiral of the decline of decent behavior. Do something horrible, get your story blasted for the world to see, do something good, who really hears about it. If the death penalty were actually to be carried out, IMHO, there would be that ultimate punishment to face instead of state run motels that alleviate the worry of everyday life.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Airing Monday, February 24th, 10pm EST.

Please check the ATS Live forum for the show thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join