It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Successfully Raised a Nation of Psychopaths! Great Job!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
When you impose order, as tbtb are currently imposing it, the result is not more order, it is generally one of two things - conformity or chaos.

So I am much happier to know your countries citizens ( like mine) are in chaotic confrontational spaces screaming at each other, fighting and giving each other the finger, than if they were embracing the alternative, which if you need an example, you need only look to China or North Korea as both are enduring the result of a swing to conformity and its knock on, extensive dehumanization right now. So to me, the fact that we're all at each others necks, in an odd way, spells hope for us.

An old saying goes : order / disorder does destiny create..

Ro

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Not just America i'm afraid just about all first world nations meet your criteria these days. What does this tell me?........Capitalism, however its disguised simply breeds apathy and contempt!

Time for something different I imagine!

edit on 12-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Not so many days ago I was thinking about starting a thread about anti-social behaviour among people and what the possibilities are of how to go back to decent and respectful interaction.

I came to this idea for the thread after watching the movie One Eight Seven...(police code for homicide)

Storyline:

High school teacher Trevor Garfield is stabbed by bad-boy student. Fifteen months later, he moves to Los-Angeles to the unruly, predominantly Latino school. He has to tame wolf-like students.

The thing is that this story is written by a real highschool teacher and such behaviour by students in the class seems to be close to reality.

The disrespect for teachers and among students themselves is shocking and gives a good idea of how hard american society has become. Here in The Netherlands there is the odd exception in highschools but generaly speaking such disrespect for teachers is unheared of....but I belief that slowly we are getting there too.

First question: Where does this change come from?

Second question: Can it be stopped, Is there a way to turn things around?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

TDawgRex

You must live in a larger city...because I see pretty much the opposite every day. And I live near Cleveland. LOL

Or are you talking about how Atlanta seems to be freaking out today?

same here... in Stockton, a city of approx. 300,000, that went into bankruptcy, we are nothing like what the OP is describing. most people are still friendly, and acting in a civilized manner. oh sure we still have crimes like everyone else has, but, geez...it's not that bad

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That is because more and more people are taking matters into their own hands, they are learning it is not worth calling the cops any more. It will only end up hurting yourself if you do that. People are learning that it is best to avoid the system at all cost.

So i imagine if we had the numbers of crimes that go unnoticed , it would be an eye open. I know for a fact I would handle almost all situations that involve my family. Family is all we got in the end, so there is no place for the system in our families if we are to survive the coming chaos.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I went through the thread to see if someone posted this, but no. imnho the cause of much of what is discussed here is the attitude and editing of reality shows.

I watched the first Big Brother show, and it was just the opposite of what it soon became. The "houseguests" cared for each other, and at one point were discussing refusing to nominate someone for eviction, and to just take the results as a unit, because everyone liked everyone else.

Then as the years went by, editors and producers of reality shows valued conflict, selfishness, backstabbing, and teaming up to undercut and lie to other "teams". This became the rule of every one of those shows.

And the young adults of today grew up watching those hateful programs. "Me above all else" and now they think that to get ahead they must lie, backstab, "vote people off" (i.e. make others turn on those people), and all the rest. If I hadn't seen that first Big Brother, and had something to compare what came after that too, I may not have had this theory/explanation of why society is meaner than it used to be, but it seems to fit the pattern (when cowboy and indian shows were a hit all the kids ran around with toy guns, and this may be the same phenomena).
edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

America Has Successfully Raised a Nation of Psychopaths! Great Job!

- You don't understand what a psychopath is.
- Running into some angry people in the city doesn't make an 'entire nation of psychopaths'.
- Different parts of the country and/or cities behave differently.
- Winter naturally makes people grumpier. Some folks suffer seasonal affective disorder.
- And to play devils advocate - maybe you just bring out the worst in people.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I agree with the onslaught of 'reality' tv programs..I also agree with others too, that it is also the internet, class/income gap widening and so many other things.

I think someone above also mentioned time. I think the internet plays a part in that too. What I mean is that from all the social media we see snippets of thousands of peoples 'high' moments..but in our head it is somehow condensed. Everyone is having fun it seems except for ME..kind of attitude. We also see the glossiness of perfect lives in perfect pictures all over the web. Visit any decor blogs or food blogs or pinterest..It seems so hard..nearly impossible to achieve this kind martha stewart perfection. Some of us..probably women for the most part (Im a girl)..see 1st rate everything. From kids parties to organizing a pantry..to sites like ATS, LDS, prepper sites. It hard to get everything in..to make everything as it should be according to those we interact with online. It's amazingly overwhelming some days. This causes stress. I know that trying to live up to being the most pinned or liked or tweeted or +'d seems ridiculous but those things do weigh on some of us. Just trying to keep up with it all..makes us feel like we have to one up each other..we have to be the next internet wonder..the one that made the viral video..the next big thing. It all sounds crazy...I know..this...but to a person that has a blog and tries to keep a head above water (me)..I feel I am forced to compete..I am forced to be a dog eat dog..I don't want to be..but it is true this is how it is..I have tried to be the 'nice guy' with my blog..and I have been ripped more than once.....there is no more mr. nice guy..he doesn't exist
I still a very nice person..but I have learned to be firm and to stand my ground.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm also outside Cleveland and see the opposite. I'm still trying to catch the neighbor who keeps shoveling my driveway so I can thank them

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

SO, I spent (Not at my choice, but my families choice) Christmas in CA, more specific at Disneyland.

We also drove around CA.

WOW!!!! No wonder people in CA think the world sucks, is mean, people are rude and that everything is unfair.
CA, much like Chicago is a crap hole.

The rest of the US is not like these places.

Where I live, people don't drive like CA people. There isn't the crime levels like in NY and CHI.

And as to why people don't care anymore???? Because the Govt has taken over the compassion world and helping people. That's why.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

halfpint0701

I'm also outside Cleveland and see the opposite. I'm still trying to catch the neighbor who keeps shoveling my driveway so I can thank them

Ten years ago and that would have been me doing the shoveling. I actually enjoyed it. Nowadays,not so much. (I guess it took its toll). It takes me a loooong time to shovel since my back went out. Gotta take it slow.

But I try to look at the bright side of things. Since I've been injured, I have learned to be patient. Something I used to lack. Everything I used to do was at full speed. Crap! Getting old sucks! LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
America had nothing to do with this, This has to do with BIG PHARMA. There is no money in making a drug that you take for a few days and your cured, Big pharma wants to Treat you, not cure you. Think how much more money is involved if they can get you to come back every month. Its a failure of Big Pharma, Doctors, and people not asking questions. Doctors have lost more and more time with each patient, the more patients the more money. In a true medical eutopia, money would not be involved.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"The nobler the blood the less the pride."

Too many individuals are too proud of themselves to give a hoot about anybody else.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I can attest to this. I work in a high school. Actually the same high school I graduated from over a decade ago, in the same city I was born, and raised in. So I can verify seeing a negative trend in my community over the last 30 years.

I think some of the major things that are causing this negative shift in society are young people having children and not wanting to grow up to become responsible parents, drugs, reality TV, and the popularity of the gangster/thug culture.

To see how students act towards teachers and each other now, compared to when I was in school is shocking. I remember when I was in high school I used foul language. However, when an adult walked by I watched my mouth. Nowadays, it is nothing for a student to cuss a teacher out.

On a daily basis the students will openly talk about doing hard drugs in front of me. Hell, we are getting junior high students bringing hardcore drugs to school. A certain plant based drug is as common as cigarettes nowadays.

We are catching junior high students having anal sex, and having three ways in the bathrooms.

We have students stealing others debit cards and fraudulently using them. Students committing burglaries, armed robberies.

At my little high school in Florida which only has 1700 students I have arrested a kid for bringing a loaded gun to school and another kid for possession of pipe bombs.

And this is not just coming from the stereotypical bad kids. This is coming from the good kids as well. Just last week I had two senior students, both play varsity baseball and have scholarships to prestigious schools, steal from one of our autistic students.

Both of these students families have money and don't want for any material thing. Hell, both drive cars three times the price of what I can afford.

I deal with the future of our society on a daily basis and it scares me. I don't have much faith in society turning around without some kind of major event. What that will be, I have no idea.

edit on 12-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: grammar

edit on 12-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: added text

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Thanks for your insights. A few years ago it was odd to see someone texting while talking to someone else, now it's normal, and all over the place. People are having all these electronic conversations and they take things very personally if something happens to "them" on websites or in the text world. I try to keep things to a minimum on those ends (seldom text, don't tweet, not a member of facebook or those kind of sites, leave my cell phone off or at home most the time, and I limit my internet socializing and play to two sites - more on this one now than on the other), so maybe I'm unusual. I'm taking quality over quantity on my internet life, and limit my communication via phone as well, just to give me time to do real-world stuff.

edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I agree 100% as far as those of us in the big cities are concerned!
We don't care about each other and only notice one another when
we are cursing each other on the road! We have become a very
self centered society and this is the way TPTB want us because
it prevents our society from coming together and removing them
from the reins of their power structure!
We will never change anything through the system they have built
and anything that does change is because they let it or wanted it!
We are fooling ourselves if we think talking on the net, protesting
in the streets or electing someone who promises change will create
any positive results!
There is only one way anything will change and this is through unity
and actions! Putting the corrupt officials in jail, tearing down the
walls of secrecy and nationalizing all the banks! This will never happen
as long as we are complacent, apathetic and self serving! Maybe only
God will be able to create the change that is so desperately needed!
Until then we need to change our brethren one at a time until we are
all brothers beyond the Elites evil influences through kindness, under-
standing and love!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

onequestion

What happened?

Whats happening?

Its changed so much in my short lifetime.

Nothing has changed.

It's just people are becoming more aware of themselves, and looking for deeper meaning.

Not just here but on a global scale.

It takes awareness to change things. Congrats!
edit on 12-2-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ive recently noticed people acting quite nice actually, except when i was working at LAX, i would be carrying a bunch of studs on my shoulder and it was like i was invisible. hello could you make a little room for a sec im about to take your head off with these!

i just finished working in downtown LA and friggin a its a nightmare down there. i got so lost even with GPS. i hate the city.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I left the Midwest 28 years ago. When I am forced to go back across the Mississippi River I feel like I have entered a different country. My small town is safe and has virtually no crime except for the occasional DUI. Many of my friends in the former USA ask me why I moved to such a remote place. All I have to say is life is too short to live in fear as most of them do.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Rural America isn't any better. I live in a small, not so easy to get to, crack in the Appalachian mountain chain. It's an old coal mining town, and Obama's recent crackdowns on coal have nearly destroyed its already weakening economy. Most people are wither working like mad and still dirt poor, or living off the government while sticking a needle in their arm to escape it all. The introduction of Oxycontin is what really killed this place. Can't throw a rock without hitting a dope head. They steal, scam and rob everyone, everywhere of every age. Everyone within 5 years of my age or younger is looked at as lazy dope heads, whether we are or not. Most of the time, unfortunately it's spot on though. So, around here at least, it's a matter of distrust of the people you see around you. Even though violent crime tends to be quite low, you still never know what someone blown out of their mind on drugs is gonna do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join