It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sent and Get Document By Drone? Yes in Dubai !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

"We want to reach people before they reach us," said UAE Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid in a statement.

Engineers have been conducting tests for the past three months to see if the plan is feasible. The final phase of testing will begin soon in Dubai, one of seven emirates that make up the country.

its a new trend, a new way to sent even to deliver products to costomers..

n December, Amazon (AMZN, Fortune 500) said it was looking to use drones to deliver products to customers, though the drones would not be ready to take flight for four or five years.
The online retailer faces innumerable regulatory and logistical hurdles before the idea can take off. The Federal Aviation Administration will have to devise safety rules for unmanned aircraft, but there's little prospect of that happening anytime soon.
The FAA has been reviewing commercial drones since 2009, but it has not yet given them the thumbs up.

what do you say? i think its good as long they not put Missile on that drone..

money.cnn.com...
edit on 11-2-2014 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I cant wait to see what Amazon parcells fall from the sky at the hands of my trusty .22 (or insert kids with catapults).

Perhaps they will only deliver at night.

I know some of the larger UAV manufacturers are working with the FAA but wonder how much these small drones fit in the FAA plans, probably will do more when Google buys a manufacturer?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IamSirDrinksalot

Guns aren't necessary. Control systems for most consumer/commercial drones (to save development costs) are based on standard Linux, Arduino etc systems. Because of that they are getting hacked and stolen in droves with standard wireless network gear. The Parrot drone is a prime example where there are plenty of recipes online.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IamSirDrinksalot

The Amazon thing was really just a publicity stunt, they're a long ways away from this actually happening.

top topics

join