It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration groups turn to anger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

mmigration reform advocates are done playing nice with House Republicans.

Done 'playing nice'.

After holding their fire for years at the urging of the Obama administration, several immigration reform groups now plan to unleash their anger at the right.

www.politico.com...

Another day someone else 'mad' at the 'evil' GOP.

Gasp!

What is with all the hostility against the right there 'pro immigration the law doesn't seem to apply to you folks' ?

Hell for 2 years when the Democrats held all 3 branchs not a peep about 'immigration' YEARS later you want to throw a temper tantrum?

Been paying attention to Obama ?

Word has it he has deported more people than anyone else lately.

Egads!

Obam a is deporting immigrants faster than Bush. Republicans don’t think that’s enough.

Wait what ?

Obama has 'deported' more 'illegals' than the last guy, and they are throwing a hissy fit over the Right ?

Oh wait never mind that is standard operating procedure on Capitol Shill.

A new, more aggressive campaign kicks off Tuesday, when these groups say they will begin confronting Republican lawmakers at public appearances, congressional hearings and events back in home districts.

The goal: Shame Republicans in swing districts into taking up the issue — or make them pay at the ballot box in November.

So 'Hope, and Change' gets replaced with 'Hype and Shame' !

Dunno bout other folks, but guilt trips never have worked on me.

But hey they might get lucky on Capitol Hil.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Fight it!

Don't let the globalists turn your country into an international airport (as has unfortunately happened to mine).

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh waaaaah. A bunch of racist losers who want to destroy the future of the U.S. through an open borders policy are getting pissy.

They deserve nothing but humiliation, mocking, and to be laughed out of existence.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If they want to live here, sure,why not?
If they want healthcare and a job,fine.
if they want to join their families who are citizens here, great.

They can do what everyone else does and apply for a visa.
They can apply for citizenship.
They can pay taxes like every other citizen.

In other countries including this one, border hopping is illegal and in a lot of other countries, border hopping gets you shot on sight without question

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good thing we have the mighty DHS and DOJ to protect us from these immigration terrorists...

Oh wait, they only go after regular citizens. Sorry, never mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Dunno bout other folks, but guilt trips never have worked on me.

Same here, it tends to make me go the other way.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sheeple believe their programming. You're right not a peep from Dems when they could have done something. How about they shame THEIR parts?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
"Matos declined to say which members of Congress are at risk for the in-your-face treatment but warned that the campaign would be “relentless and constant.” America’s Voice and CASA in Action are also leading the effort. The plan for now is to engage in daily confrontations for at least the next two months, Matos said.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Wonder how that will turn out.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So...If they can't win the case on merit? They'll force it.

Gee.. What a freedom loving approach there....or not. They are't doing much for convincing me they are folks I want to see added to the official tallies of our population. Not the extremists, to be sure. We're literally inviting our own future problems with some of this.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Done 'playing nice'.

After holding their fire for years at the urging of the Obama administration, several immigration reform groups now plan to unleash their anger at the right.

Done playing nice??? I guess they will show those Republicans a thing or two by not voting for them this election.......Oh wait, they have NEVER voted for Republicans.

"It sounded like a good plan"

Hard to take a voter's opinion into consideration if they never vote for you. You butter the bread that feeds you, not the stuff someone else gets fed with.

Why do you think Really BIG business contributes to both parties?????? They are guaranteed an ear to bend whenever they need it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We're literally inviting our own future problems with some of this.

I do believe that what we are witnessing is the origins of our very own 'Israel'/Palenstine' soon to be conflict.

It things keep going as they are.

Most people will scoff at that.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Amnesty = economic insurrection by globalists.

simple as 1-2-3

Legal = Legal

There's 10 million Americans looking for jobs.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We're literally inviting our own future problems with some of this.

I do believe that what we are witnessing is the origins of our very own 'Israel'/Palenstine' soon to be conflict.

It things keep going as they are.

Most people will scoff at that.

You cant be serious, using the palestinian vs israel to compare amerikas immigration issue, wow way out there.

Oh my such fail. Good to see the same names spouting garbage on anything they dislike, i call that kindergarden.
edit on 12-2-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

How would you know Mexican Americans never voted for Republicans?

edit on 12-2-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why not just "solve the cartel problem" ?
Wouldn't that alleviate a major factor in motivating the illegal immigration?

The fact few really see how easily this problem could be solved by "Removing 1 law"...
Well it causes me to not care either way, because I know ya'll aren't serious about fixing the problem.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So let me get this straight. . .

Some groups are upset because they represent people who have broken the law and the law breakers are not getting rewarded because they broke the law.

So now they are not going to be nice to the law makers, for not changing the laws that would reward the law breakers.

*stop the bus. I'm getting off!*

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Hard to take a voter's opinion into consideration if they never vote for you.

And vice Versa. Because republicans only care about certain people, why would anyone who are not taken seriously by republicans vote for them?

edit: Why do republicans like to mix Illegal and Legal immigrations? always puzzled me. They just use "illegal" to show their hatred for all immigrants or thats how the debate goes down. lol
edit on 2/12/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Typical to blame the Republicans even though the Democrats are just as responsible for immigration reform.

Look at Obama for example...

They don't have to "play nice" because they won't get much accomplished with either side. In my opinion if you want to work in America you should BECOME a American LEGALLY like most people who immigrated to this country for better lives...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why do they come to America? One thing - job$.
Until they make laws that make it illegal for people without citizenship to work in this country, we will always have a immigration problem.
If a squirrel can't find a nut it looks elsewhere.

You know that the GOP will never let that law happen, oh god no. They are so far up the big business corporate rectum they will never have the backbone to lose cheap labor that makes them billions of dollars a year.

What jobs are they taking away? Jobs the average American won't even touch? Field laborers, fast food cooks, factory, landscaping...They work twice as hard with half the pay. No businessman will ever lose that. Everything is about profit

The joys of unregulated capitalsm.

Untill then quit complaining.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

"Jobs American's won't touch"? With a unemployment rate this high, I find that hard to believe. If I was unemployed I would take any job I could... I'd rather work then not work, pretty simple...

I understand cheap labor, but I think most Americans that are unemployed will take what they can get, unless they are sucking off Social Security... Which is a HUGE waste of money because most people don't even need it...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join