It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invade Iran Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Okay, lets see Powell is making claims that Iran is producing missiles to carry nuclear weapons, lets draw some parallels here, he is the same person that said, "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."
Powell didn't even have credible sources when he was speaking about Iran, read the first article cited.Will we continue to be led into wars that prove to based on deception and lies?

Quote from a refernce cited below:
For the moment, US policy deficiencies on Iran and North Korea are replaced by posturing. The danger is that posturing by the US is historically a short step from unilateral intervention.

What is going on here? They continue to lie to invade, and we do nothing! I am fed up with this agenda to invade every country that has had historical differences with us. Is Cuba and Russia going to be added to the Axis of Evil in his next State of the Union address?

News Articles to Read:
CBS News
The Age.com

**Edited in Url tags

[edit on 22-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
What is going on here? They continue to lie to invade, and we do nothing!

The time to do something was the last election. Now that Bush has his "mandate" he will continue his "mission of God". Everybody knew that Bush got it wrong as far as the WMD's go but it didn't seem to matter in the end.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised about this? Now all we can do as citizens of the world is sit back, watch the show and hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think it is only a matter of time before Iran becomes a War bed. I would hope that this Admin would have learned Something from the mess in Iraq to insinuate false information. The only good thing right now is that France, Germany, UK is involved in talks with them already. If it becomes out of control at least there will be more people involved in a war, unlike Iraq, to get the job done quick, and with less collateral damage. And Im sick of hearing about this Mandate
, He won by only ONE State and about 3% more of the Popular vote, this was in no way a landslide.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
The only good thing right now is that France, Germany, UK is involved in talks with them already.lide.

If France and Germany were a person then they'd be like a dear friend that you love endlessly, and they do things that make you want to hug them so much, and other times your left in silence asking yourself, "what the hell?"
---This is a time when I would want to hug them.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Geoff Hoon, UK defense minister made a possible gaff when addressing a group of students about the war on terror. After heckling from the audience he then asked how they would feel about the war on terror in another fifteen years when Iran possesed nukes capable of hitting the UK. This has been read by some as an inadvertant clue that the coalition has already made up it's mind about Iran and how it plans to deal with them.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I know that intell on Iraq was faulty for not catching the re-location of Saddams WMD to Syria and the Bekaa valley but satellite imagery freely available on the internet raises questions about Irans intentions. Why go to the extreme expense and trouble of burying a facility like Natanz if everything you are doing is on the up and up and you are just enriching for power generation?

Satellite Imagery of the Nantanz Enrichment Facility

Using Iraq as an example is like comparing apples and oranges when what the Iranians are doing is visible for those that care to take a look rather than finding myriad ways to attack the Bush administration.

There are many many sites such as Natanz with extremely suspicious activity that cannot be brushed off with hollow and wishful rhetoric.

We have a country that claims "power needs" as its peaceful driving motivation to enrich uranium that happens to have a huge reserve of oil.

We have a country that chooses to bury, hide and conceal its "peaceful" nuclear facilities.

We have a country that is a proven state sponsor of terrorism that some are ready to take at face value and defend its policies, even after breaking its months old agreement with the EU on the subject of "enrichment"

What makes anybody believe Iran is really going to comply with a second agreement?

More imagery for your reference
Public Eye at Global Security

I don't think direct ground warfare is the answer for Irans nuclear ambitions. It would be appropiate for the UN to actually do its job but as usual it will fall to others to do that job. In that case effecting regime change is probably the only course left and it should be encouraged to happen from with-in. The coalition of the un-willing will agitate against this due to financial ties ultimately precipitating a sustained air campaign by the coalition of the willing to remove Irans enrichment capability.

If you are against US involvment then I propose that you strongly petition the do-nothing UN to actually do something. Your energies are better directed there rather than the administration.

If the UN would step-up then it would not be neccessary to get involved would it?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I would only say that best proof of upcoming iran conflict is the strategic locations of iraq and afghanistan..look what�s in the middle between those countries
...afghanistan is also a gateway to russia and pakistan. It�s just about getting a foothold across the globe..oil is just a bonus. Terrorism is the lied reason.
-ap

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Powell can state that Iran has a nuclear weapons program to he his blue in the face. But the simple fact is that the Americans dont have the manpower to attack Iran little alone occupy that countrie. Its going to be a long time before the Americans are in a position to militarily deal with Iran.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Iran is developing not just "nukes" but also Thermo-Nukes. Iran has not been shy about whom it will attack either. The world will claim Iraq had no WMD even if they found a million nuclear tipped missiles. Facts are, that there is enough evidence of WMD "programs" and Saddams use of chemical and gas weapons to justify the WMD data. Iran is preparing for a nuclear Jihad. France and Germany are most likely taking bribes already. Based on what happened in the Netherlands it would appear France and Germany have already been "compromised" by Islamoterrorism. The world can not afford to take a chance or "miscalculate" when it comes to nukes. The US will stop Iran......what ever it takes. Europe can "hide" under their beds if they wish, cowards that they are...........

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Iran is developing not just "nukes" but also Thermo-Nukes.

links?

Facts are, that there is enough evidence of WMD "programs" and Saddams use of chemical and gas weapons to justify the WMD data.

Facts like saddam and his "weapons of mass deception"..btw. How does saddam relate to iran in any way? Iraq and Iran have been enemies for a long time.

The US will stop Iran......what ever it takes. Europe can "hide" under their beds if they wish, cowards that they are...........

Typical shait..US will stop itself when time passes..it�s just a point of view that how much will us destroy before it has swallowed itself.
-ap

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If people thought Iraq was tough Iran could be a real war. Iran's military was about 50% larger than Iraq's and more importantly is the terrain difference. Iraq is mainly flat desert that is great offensive ground, and tough for the defender to hide or make a proper stand. Iran on the other hand is very rugged terrain with many mountains. Try getting tanks or any heavy weaponry in an offensive action, at the same time it would be be perfect ground for a defending force!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Powell can state that Iran has a nuclear weapons program to he his blue in the face. But the simple fact is that the Americans dont have the manpower to attack Iran little alone occupy that countrie. Its going to be a long time before the Americans are in a position to militarily deal with Iran.

We can more than handle invading Iran. If we don't have enough troops, then we have the draft. If all else fails, we have the good'ole USAF.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

Originally posted by xpert11

We can more than handle invading Iran. If we don't have enough troops, then we have the draft. If all else fails, we have the good'ole USAF.

I dont think so Airpower wont win a war by itself.
How is the USAF going to occupy Iran by itself?
Will the USAF park an F-16 outside poilce to prevent attacks by insurgents?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
george bush and the gov. will say whatever they have to so they can go into these countries of the middle east and take their oil, thats what is all about. OIL, OIL, whoever controls the oil, controls the world. it is the most sought after resource right now on the face of the earth. now that we control the oil in iraq, we now have the power and by far. maybe iran isnt about the oil, maybe it really is about the nuclear weapons program, but in iraq it definately played a big part in it. just taking out sadam hussein gave the gov. a cover to actually go in and take over the oil. it seems to me that bush is on a fuggin rampage to just reconstruct the whole middle east. i guess he will just go down the line of countries in the middle east as much as he can in his next 4 years. i guess we will see, only time will tell

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fighting Kentuctian
If people thought Iraq was tough Iran could be a real war. Iran's military was about 50% larger than Iraq's and more importantly is the terrain difference. Iraq is mainly flat desert that is great offensive ground, and tough for the defender to hide or make a proper stand. Iran on the other hand is very rugged terrain with many mountains. Try getting tanks or any heavy weaponry in an offensive action, at the same time it would be be perfect ground for a defending force!

Your a funny guy. At the start of the first Gulf War, Iraq had the fourth largest Army in the world

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The bigD- Personally I think the US should invade Cuba. Make it a state or at the very least a commonwealth, and transfer NASA's launch activties there. Its in the perfect location for launches, and on top of that Cuban cigars would no longer be illegal for US citizens.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

"Iraq went from the fourth-largest army in the world to the second largest army in Iraq in less than 100 hours"

Clicky click

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes I also heard that Iraq had the 4th biggest military in the world at the time of the FIRST fulf war. Since then until we invaded their military had gotten much smaller. I have seen statistics that state Iraq's military to be around 500,000 and Iran to be at 750,000. That would only be natural, considering Iran's total population is double. Actually if Iran were to mobilize they should be able to reach about 2,000,000. Historically the advantage has always gone to the defender. That leaves me with the question, where are we gonna get an army to defeat such a force?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
We wouldn't need bodies on the ground initially. Take out most of the infrastructure via air raids, demoralize and weaken the enemy, disrupt communications and then invade.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I know thats what we would do when the time comes, but you have to agree that is a big force to fight, and on good terrian for a defensive fight!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join