It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Robins??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I witnessed something this morning that blew my mind. I happened to look out my window this morning and at first saw a few robins. Now usually around this time of year it is rather early to be seeing these birds and if you see them at all it will be one. Maybe in a few weeks you may spot another one somewhere. So at first I saw a few then more and more. Our tree branches were covered with them and many were on the ground.

I counted 30 anyway. I called my Mom who lives in the apartment below mine and asked her if she looked out at the yard and she said, "Oh all the birds? Yeah, and they're all robins!" Then she said she had bread she could throw out for them. LOL My Mom never feeds the birds!!

Even during their normal time of being here, you don't see a lot of robins so I was like what the hell??? Very odd, but cool to see. Has anyone else experienced such a thing? It was like something out of that movie The Birds. LOL At first kinda spooky, there were so many of them. At 55, this is the first time I have ever seen such a thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Not too unusual. Although robins are associated with spring many of them never migrate. Here's a good article explaining this behavior:

Robins in Winter

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Great article! Thanks!

join