It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi's SEAL Team 6 father: “Obama Murdered My Son”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well...since you asked..."whats a soldier supposed to do?"...he/she is to unfalteringly and unquestioningly follow orders. No matter how stupid or morally wrong they think they might be. That is what a soldier does. Follow orders.

Thats the entire point Im making. God Bless them all for their service to us...but they joined willingly knowing there is a good chance in this day and age...of not coming home.

When I was in school, we were DRAFTED against our will. And in Vietnam...we could be the 1st family on our block...to have our son's sent home in a box.**
**Special Thanks for the line above from Country Joe McDonald.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yes, being a soldier is a risky way to spend your life, as is being a cop, a firefighter or a deep sea diver.

But when you take the job knowing the risks that go along with it, it's normal to expect that those you are taking the risks for, are doing everything they possibly do to minimise those risks, everything they can.

If someone screws up, either by action or inaction that results in a preventable death or injury, yes, even in jobs classified as 'risky', they should be and ought to be held accountable, both morally and criminally if the screw up is deemed to be criminal.

It's no different to the boss of a deep sea diver being held criminally responsible if he fails to carry out regulatory obligations as far as the equipment he or she supplies the diver with...if the boss fails to do the regulated maintenence on a crucial valve for instance, and that valve fails and ends up killing a diver, they will be held responsible and face criminal presecution, even though the diver would obviously know the job they did was highly risky, the boss failed to minimise that risk and is responsible for the death.

Same thing with Obama as far as i can tell.

People who sign up for risky professions are not throwaway or disposable, simply because the know the risks...there is and always has to be accountability, even for, and some would argue, especially for soldiers.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

as i understand US soldiers take an oath to the constitution and are expected to not follow illegal orders...al a nueremburg, and the haige (sp?), and geneva
no excuse they said...
I do realize the reality is much more murky

Though I automatically give anyone who chooses to serve the benefit of the doubtre motive for signing up:
Kissenger said Soldiers serve as this:
"poor dumb animals"
thats the crime right there
edit on 12-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

kudos to country Joe

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster, I believe we were watching entirely different events in historic terms here. The United States played a bit role in Libya and by very deliberate choice and design. Europe and specifically Britain and the E.U. were the lead on that one. NATO was the firepower, where it was used openly. Not us. As much as people love to blame America for everything in the world which isn't 100% positive....it wasn't our thing. Not that one. We played, but on in someone else's game and with token efforts.

In terms of CIA? That has less than nothing to do with how the State Department did or did not give proper levels of support to IT'S people ...not CIA's people...in it's Embassy Annex or whatever official term the document someone is reading at that time, happens to call it. As a reminder, this night of murder simply put the end to MONTHS of what lead up to it. To see that night as anything like an isolated or special event is simply to fail to read all the material currently available from original sources on what really happened, IMO.

As I'd posted with the original cables and security reports....this was a State Department screw up from start to finish and twice on Sunday for good measure. I don't doubt CIA had their own issues and their own screw-ups in progress, over those months, but CIA was hit the last night only AFTER whatever or whoever they were after moved with the evacuation from the diplomatic compound to the CIA compound. ONLY THEN did CIA come under direct and sustained attack and where the mortars killed the security people, trying to defend State civilians.

It's not nearly as simple as some would love this to be, as almost nothing in the real world is.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Same thing with Obama as far as i can tell. WRONG!

Wrong-Wrong and totally wrong. A deep sea diver doesn't, surrounded by his peers, pledge an oath to, lay his life on the line, defend his country, in the face of the enemy, carry out the orders of the Commander in Chief to the best of his ability, and to protect his fellow solders in the spirit of Esprit de corp.

A policeman swears an oath to his community to protect and serve.

FBI agents swear an oath of loyalty to the Bureau to protect and serve.

A fireman swears an oath to rescue, to the best of his ability, the community he/she serves.

You might want to get out from in front of the television and learn what real life is about.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

You've entirely missed the point, the only question i have is deliberately or you simply don't get what 'accountability' and 'duty of care' means.

Obama, essentially every soldiers employer, HAS that duty of care and accountability if it is not provided to a satisfactory standard.

Taking an oath as an employee does not absolve ANY employer of that.

BTW..i watch very little television, and have lived quite a lot.

edit on 12-2-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Solders do not receive pay. They are given allowances that are in the form of reimbursements, for food, lodging and training.

Officers receive allowances and reimbursements according to their years of service.

The reimbursements are non taxable income.

I just guessed television because you don't seem to know anything about military or civil service.

Most 2nd graders understand the pledge of allegiance.

I didn't intend the comment to be taken rudely or as an insult. If you did take it that way I apologize for I have no reason to insult you whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Murder? Seems more like a suicide.

I mean who willing signs up to be the Corporate security but those who have a death wish?

Maybe it was his only employment option?

He wasn't ever once proctecting anything other than the financial interests of the few.

I truly am sorry for the loss of limbs and lives of our children, the use of America's military as Corporate security is an OFFENSE.

Derek

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join