It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feasibility of a Terrorist Attack on Groom Lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yea it sounds kinda silly for any terrorist to even try to attack Area 51. It IS a military installation, so i doubt the terrorists could get passed any of our sentries. Plus, the terrorists would have to move inland a hella lot. Nevada is like almost the middle of the USA, it would be hard to attack the place without being eliminated by reinforcing "real" US military forces.

Think about it, the cammo dudes and the US Army main infantry and possibly teh SFOD (Delta) could hold off a whole regiment of invaders. Air support is also pretty good in Area 51.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Someone would have better luck attacking the White House than area 51. You can't even get within a mile of that place without having the possibility of being killed. Unless someone were to do it via a remotely launched rocket, it wouldn't happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
if you want area 51 to be disclossed then do the terror attack yourself...

BTW great scenario...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
LOL I am suprised nobody mentioned sniping the Camo dude's with a silenced sniper rifle!

If you are gonna do that, please use tranquilizers, they are just doing their job...but I doubt a tranquilizer is good enough when fired sub-sonic since the accuracy of a tranquilizer dart is probably not very good...

I guess the only way to get in is using Solid Snake's Visual Stealth gadget

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
GZ - I think you seriously underestimate there power.

They have air patrols on a daily bases and at different times, and they do have an enormous amount of detection equiptment, people have found ground sensors that say "Property of US Gov" over a mile from its grounds.

It would be interesting what would happen if you plan it in secret for awhile and get a news station to bring a crew out there and report live what they see, and have hundreds of people start walking onto there grounds, I would bet that in 2 minutes time you would have a military helicopter hovering 50 feet above the crowd telling them there on a restricted area and to turn back or they will be fired apon, but with that many people and a news crew with a good new high optical zoom reporting live I wonder what there next move would be? They either would all wuse out (high probability), or keep on walkin, it which case I would bet since it would take them awhile to actually get to the buildings they would call off the helo and send a swarm of security gaurds who would probably get in some good punches and hand-cuff you and haul you out of there perimeter and call the cops.

I saw a show once that showed a couple people trying to be brave, and one was holding the camera while the other guy put one foot over the line, and got all nervous and was happy that he passed there line
, if people wont even cross there line by a few feet it shows how scared people really are of that place.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I will judge on their power when I see it...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I think that Groom Lake is one of the last places they are going to attack in my opinion

Boy I hope your right JTMarlin.

Seriously I doubt an attact on Area 51 would even be possible. Your being watched within 20 miles of the base. They know your every move and probably what you ate for lunch.
They don't take to kindly to trespassers and they have a whole lot of bullets.

[edit on 12/2/2004 by MountainStar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join