It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing God? Or Raising Awareness? "The Kidnapping Children Experiment"!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sifting through the evening news, came across a few thread worthy articles.
This one stood out the most though.

In a shocking "experiment" a man decided with the help of a fellow actor, a young boy, they would simulate a kidnapping.
Other than the two being actors, the source I'm about to share doesn't say how they know each other.

More surprisingly it doesn't seem to be a study that has come from a Child Protection Agency of any kind.
Or at least none have been credited within the article.

That certainly brings us to a few questions. And feel free to debate what you feel necessary.

However the only question I am going to ask is this...
Do you personally think it is okay to play these sort of games on the population?

Here is an excerpt which sounds like a quote from the Saw franchise:
"‘One decision can change an individuals life forever. When you are put to the test, will you pass?’ asks the video, which was uploaded to YouTube yesterday."

SOURCE: www.dailymail.co.uk... module

There is, as stated above and in the article, a YouTube video of the events.
However I cannot bring myself to watch the public being pushed to ask questions of themselves in fabricated do or die situations.
Feel free to search it yourself and share if you like.

Seeing this in action is not of interest to myself though, just the question I cannot shake off!

Is it fair & just, to play with the emotions of people, for the sake of "awareness" which comes across as more of a prank to be honest???

edit on 11-2-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

Seeing this in action is not of interest to myself though, just the question I cannot shake off!

Is it fair & just, to play with the emotions of people, for the sake of "awareness" which comes across as more of a prank to be honest???

Like you I wont look as its fake! And I totaly agree with you, it is not fair to mess with people like that. I wonder if stuff like this is driven by the desire to have us all chipped?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

I agree with the above post... ' shouldn't MESS with people ' .

I wonder what sort of charges I'd face , if I were to blow that guy's head off and drag the boy to his parents by the nose ?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

I wonder what sort of charges I'd face , if I were to blow that guy's head off and drag the boy to his parents by the nose ?
That depends, are you a cop?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is really stupid. 1 the kid sounds fake and its no wonder most people didn't believe him. 2. if he came up to someone like me, the guy playing the abductor wouldv'e received the beat down of his life before the cameraman got to me all "dewd! hes an actor! stop killing him!" this is the kind of thing that gets people unnecessarily put in a hospital only to seek litigation later

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It definitely brings many theories to mind.
As you said as it's fake it takes away any power, or credibility it may have brought if done by a true independent body of Child Protection Agencies.
Chipping won't be far, and I'm for and against in a sense...maybe overall it should be a choice... not false flagged into a mandatory.

Not to stereotype Americans, but they are trigger happy, the guy could easily have got himself shot and no one would have been blamed rightly so because guns are there to protect.

Of course that's a hypothetical but I am sure that would scar the "protector" to find that they may have killed someone who was "testing" their stones so to speak. He was pepper sprayed, as this happened State side it wouldn't have been statistically far from the vicinity from somebody who has the right to bear arms for such a situation.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

Precisely, what was to stop somebody reacting to the full extent of their rights, only to find they had shot someone over a prank.
Because it comes across as a prank, and nothing like an experiment.
It's a scary thought to think somebody would face charges in the circumstances.
Yes it's hypothetical, but in my honest opinion he was fortunate that pepper spray was the worst he had to endure.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Definitely sounds like the project initiators did not think this through fully.
Testing the populations moral fibre is dangerous... to do it with kidnapping situations is close to a death wish.
I'm sure in a court of law in the US you'd be well within your rights to react accordingly to subdue the "kidnapper" by any means necessary.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Having thought a little longer on the situation I am left wondering what they expected to learn from this "experiment"!

Maybe statistical odds of protection from community members?
But for a true evaluation of such you'd have to try this within every community within every State.

Compton would surely have resulted in a different outcome to D.C...
Hollywood probably wouldn't have been as effective in fighting against this than The Bronx...

Different communities would deal with such a situation in different manors.
Guns would be a likely deterrent in a majority of areas.

I don't see anything good coming from this, it may even deter people wanting to intervene because in the back of their mind, if having come across such an "experiment" they're left wondering if it is just a "test"!

Dangerous plan...not much outcome! Quite disgusting really!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Bazart

Precisely, what was to stop somebody reacting to the full extent of their rights, only to find they had shot someone over a prank.
Because it comes across as a prank, and nothing like an experiment.
It's a scary thought to think somebody would face charges in the circumstances.
Yes it's hypothetical, but in my honest opinion he was fortunate that pepper spray was the worst he had to endure.

Peace.

I guess I'm just ' talking ' ... I mean , how would you know ?

But- I've had two more drinks than normal , and I think its a suicide for the ' adult ' in this. Why would you even consider such a thing ?

Incredible. Bored , lazy guy - who has no concept of ' consequences ' . IMO

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

You're exactly right. The consequences could have been extremely different.
They couldn't have thought this through for more than 5 minutes before deciding to risk the livelyhood of the "kidnapper" himself, but more importantly of those they were testing.

Peace.
edit on 12-2-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

new topics

top topics

join