It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security to Purchase 141,000 Rounds of Sniper Ammo...feeling twitchy now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Linl to FBO

Ok, first it was 9mm and 40 cal and 45. 40 is a common LEO order and 9mm is very interchangeable. it was also Hollow point rounds so do not give us the training ammo excuse.Then it was 22LR ammo for what? To make sure when people are starving they cannot hunt for the occasional squirell? Remember the run on ammo?

This, however, is very very different. What the hell does Homeland Security need with 141000 rounds of sniper ammo?
Link

The latest purchase further illustrates the fallacy of the DHS’ excuse that it is buying bullets in bulk in order to save money.
The federal agency will pay around $1.20 for each round, when a lower grain round could be acquired for around a quarter of the price.
The DHS has faced questions over the last couple of years as to the purpose of its mass ammo purchases which have totaled over 2 billion bullets, with some fearing the federal agency is gearing up for civil unrest.
The majority of the bullets purchased by the DHS were hollow point rounds (one order alone amounted to 450 million of them). Hollow point bullets just happen to be completely unsuitable for training purposes because they cost significantly more money compared to standard firing range bullets, contradicting claims by the DHS that the bullets were merely for training purposes and were bought in bulk to save money.

Toss in the recent discovery of National Guard troops training to repel "2nd Amendment backers" and Mr Holder announcing he is stepping down and you have some serious coincidence.

Tanks, drones and snipers...oh my!
edit on 02pm28pmfu2014-02-11T16:42:36-06:000436 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not really,agents make crappy soldiers.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That seems like a fairly small amount for training/retaining sharpshooter skills.

Given the unrest in our country, the stockpiling of ammo by government agencies isn't really a conspiracy....it's proactive measures by those in power, to retain that power.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

nugget1
That seems like a fairly small amount for training/retaining sharpshooter skills.

Given the unrest in our country, the stockpiling of ammo by government agencies isn't really a conspiracy....it's proactive measures by those in power, to retain that power.

You make a good point that it is not about practice. It is about activating those across the country who would have this type of training such as local LEO's to protect substations/gov't offices and maybe food stores.

Why is it needed? That is a lot of ammo to simply stockpile. You see, they brought over 160,000 rounds in 2012...

Think about this...

In contrast, United States Army and Marine Corps snipers in the Vietnam War expended 1.3 rounds of ammunition for each claimed and verified kill, at an average range of six hundred yards, or almost twice the three hundred meters cited above for combat engagements by the average soldier. Some verified kills were at ranges in excess of 1000 yards. This represents discrimination and military efficiency of the highest order, as well as minimization of risk to noncombatants. Utilization of a bullet that increases accuracy, such as the MatchKing, would further diminish the risk to noncombatants.
And that math comes out to be 135,384 potential kills for the snipers to make, using the 176,000 rounds of ammunition.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

It's for civil unrest. We all know it and they can say whatever they want until they are blue in the face. If the dollar crashes, I bet people will freak out. It's the natural progression of things to hold power. I may have some mixed feelings because if civil unrest comes to America, it's going to be bloody. You will have to watch out for everything. With that firepower they are stockpiling, you may have to watch out for them also. It doesn't look good if the stockpiling is any gauge of things. Your government can see it coming and is preparing, are you?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"can't go to school cause I ain't got a gun..."
-The Coop

continuity of government...
or maybe
The cartels got all that fancy fire power from Holder and co via fast and furious...
maybe thaey need some ammo too?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Unfortunately I offer ZERO proof and evidence. But as some here know I do work in Law Enforcement.

The rumors circulating for the past 18 months and let me state they are only RUMORS, are that the huge purchases of ammo by DHS and a couple of other agencies is in prep for foreign invasion, due to the prediction the US might not be able to continue to pay its way for much longer, debt to other countries (China for one) How long....who knows?

Here is something you civvies might not know about the LEO in the US. We get a pay check which is either, fed signed, state signed or local authority signed - for arguments sake. IF the US financial markets tumble and the dollar crashes as some are predicting (threads here on ATS) then where does MY money come from.

Many LEO's are fearing for their livelihoods too. We have families and children and bills and all that. NO CHECK - no work. These are the rumors that has been circulating.

Foreign invasion is very real. IF the OS for 9/11 is correct, 19 terrorists did that much damage and caused that much fear. What could an invasion of 50 million Chinese troops do, backed by Russian troops??

The Chinese would have NO problem using the old style Kamikaze tactics of the japanese. Honor is still in their blood.

Plus the real size of their army is unknown. 20 + million youth soldiers trained from teen to adults all pulled from the orphanages and 1 baby policy. They have millions of troops.

I know that our precinct SWAT team is quite militarized and when training were instructed/taught to operate like a military unit - reason given to officers - Civil unrest, crowd control and potential military invasion from foreign enemies!! Urban warfare drills are often performed.

Hey, but it is all just rumors NOTHING more!!!
edit on 11-2-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
another possibility is if you were extrememly crooked:
( not like there haven't been gangster's grand children in the whitehouse before)
you'ld arm up all the opposition to your little plot and point them at each other
last man standing gets it all!
edit on 12-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Not really,agents make crappy soldiers.

That works both ways-I'm sure you know that.

projectbane

I'm not going to listen to any of this crap. When and if you picked up a shield you swore an oath to #1 Follow orders without question.
#2 Protect and serve the community to the best of your ability.

I'm wondering about the whole 'LEO' you claim. You may need to wake up and listen to the briefings from your superiors.

The biggest threat to America is a cyber attack that cripples transportation, finance, Law Enforcement, social services and above all else communication. This will precede any other attack.

Drills are being conducted continuously between police, fire and first responders in the event communication by radio or cellar is disrupted-which, of course, will be the first thing attacked in order to freeze America's ability to respond to a crisis.

My part of the drills is that my house and land will be used as a central command post for alternative communication, serve as a heliport, and be prepared to install temporary cellar towers.

Hundreds of police, National Guard and civil defense forces participate in these drills ordered by DHS.

I guess you were sick on all those days.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Are you implying that the people we hire to protect us from terrorism do not have second amendment rights?

edit on 12-2-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No, what I am implying that that very soon a lot of people could be put into some serious situations that they did not sign up for.

Here is a scenario - There is a NK satellite that everyone said was going to fall out of orbit but for some reason keeps flying over the US. China also has satellites as well as Russia. I would think the latter were for monitoring where as I still have a suspicion that the NK one is weaponized. So, let's say they decide to 'bring it down' and it unleashes an EMP on the west coast or the east coast.

West Coast - Opens the door for Mexico, China and Russia to attempt land based action. If there is chaos in the US after the EMP( I mean, an inch of snow in Atlanta clears store shelves) it would then make the East Coast vulnerable. It is really a perfect storm if you think about it simply. While we are trying to recover our infrastructure and our economy tanks we are very at risk.

East Coast - Essentially this would wipe out CENTCOM/USSOCCOM and open a # storm in the middle east. Iran could then attack ISrael and there would not be much we could do about it. We would be retreating.

IN both cases, the US would be retreating militarily. Domesitically people would start to starve in weeks and meds would not be delivered. WW3 will be conventional and not nuclear...I hope.

So, all those stockpiles would be used against enemies foreign AND domestic. It would just be that way if the SHTF.

Do I want that, no, but the easiest way to reboot and thin the herd is war. A good book to read on this is One Second After. gives a good view of the normal things we take for granted that would be gone....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Lon Horiuchi's rejoice there are surely more Vicki's to be shot.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't be to worried about it . If there was ever a shtf scenario ( and what I imagine they are preparing for ) I don't think they will be locking up and offing decent people . Unless you are one who wants to go out looting and pillaging ya you might be a little concerned .

Why do people bash the government for not being prepared , then turn around and bash them for preparing for a scenario really make no sense .

Do people honestly think they are making these purchase to lock up and kill good people and leave the looters and rioters and what other kinda crap will happen when there are no food left of store shelves to do what they want to do ?
Seriously people need to pull their head out of URanus.

ETA No I would be more worried about an armed starving nation that is desperate to feed their families
edit on 12/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

mediatrackers.org...
and there is another i read recently, national guard training to fight those who attempt to uphold second amendment.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

We would wipe out all of the cartel with the quickness. Drugs help fund secret agendas and they are pawns for the machine. When they get what they want, the cartel goes bye bye. I guess all these dope fiends are helping it all along. Dumb son's of (you know what). Bring your AK's to the BBQ. We'll send the dope fiends in first.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

So, let's say they decide to 'bring it down' and it unleashes an EMP on the west coast or the east coast.

That was worked out in 2004. The secure link between the White House Bunker-Fort Bragg-Oklahoma-and the city under a mountain in Colorado is all shielded from any kind of electromagnetic pulse by being buried 180 feet below the facilities. The conduit is a shield made of some alloy I'm not familiar with. Even a hydrogen bomb could not penetrate the communication link.

That is what is known to civil defense ranks like myself-God know what else they got buried-kinda glad I don't know.
edit on 14-2-2014 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

One second after is a seriously excellent book. Quite dark, in a realistic way. To see the transformation of the charachters over time.

But in your original OP, you say Holder is stepping down. Can you post a link to that? I've looked and I don't see it. I think that would be all over ATS if true.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't know how solid this all is, since it's still apparently reports on a report which hasn't published yet? Here is what I found tho..

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will step down this year, he said in an interview with the New Yorker's Jeffrey Toobin in the magazine's Feb. 17 edition.

In a feature article, Mr. Holder said he plans on staying in his position "well into" the year.
source

Think we can trust him to keep his promises? That'd almost be a gift to the American people, after all. What have we done to earn such nice things given to us?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Link

He is stepping down this year. I am sure it did not get much main stream press. I think this may be before he is removed maybe? Another scandal in the wings?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

matafuchs

Link

He is stepping down this year. I am sure it did not get much main stream press. I think this may be before he is removed maybe? Another scandal in the wings?

Prediction! If these these reports are true, ATS will be busy!
Please! please! please!

Ammo here where I live is arriving in spurts again and still goes fast and rationed. I'll have to cruise down to the store and see how the .308/7.62 stock is doing.

You can always find the non military calibers though. But it's still rationed as well. As is blackpowder stuff.
edit on 14-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling! Freaking spelling!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join