It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in EASTERN NC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Smoking a cig outside in all the snow we are having. Which was forecasted to be 2-3 inches and we are sitting at 9 now and gonna snow until 11-12 tonight.
Anyways, felt ground shake, and thunder noise sort of and thought it was a plane or something. Paid it no mind. Sure enough a 2.5 hit in Bayboro NC. 38 miles from me. My first EQ and didnt even realize it.
I have a question. Should i be really concentrating and paying attention for another or an aftershock. We never have them here.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not to sound like I'm knocking your first earthquake, because the first one I ever felt was the one that occurred in Maine (which I felt outside of Boston), and it is something that you'll remember for life, but I wouldn't go hiding in any doorways or anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Take it from me here in New Zealand - you wont get an aftershock from that one. Chill

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Looks like there are (so far) 10 responses in 10 zip codes and 1 city.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
2.5 can do quite the damage, I wish you well in recovery!

(you'll be fine
)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Thats funny stuff right there! Thanks for putting me at ease and making laugh my butt off..
Line 2

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

I was on the 12th floor of a building when a 2.4 struck, to me it felt like vertigo or something, but I barely felt it, some others didn't even notice, I guess it depends on where it is located in reference to depth.

new topics

top topics

join