It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleas in the snow in Craig, Montana?!?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

GMan420
I don't know for sure, but these links came up with a little searching... if it helps, great, if not, sorry.

www.fcps.edu...

dnr.wi.gov...

Most likely snow Fleas then
From your source:

During very cold Winter days, Snow Fleas are not very active. But if it warms up, Snow Fleas will become active and look for food. They may even crawl out onto the surface of snow. This is how Snow Fleas get their name. People notice large amounts of them, like black dust, around the base of a tree. They are usually there when there isn't snow too, as long as the temperature is warm enough; you just see them better on a white background.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Whether or not they are snow fleas or flea bombs, the picture doesn't look right. Part of it is shovelled off and the fleas are on top of where it was shovelled.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I use to see this in Pennsylvania all the time I figured it was from deer or something?
I see we have peopel trying to debunk it. Lay off the conspiracy pills.
edit on 11-2-2014 by zombiefreekshow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is a first for me. How warm does it need to be for these things to hatch? If the temps have been in line with the requirements they were probably there before it snowed. If not - a mystery

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

zombiefreekshow
I use to see this in Pennsylvania all the time I figured it was from deer or something?
I see we have peopel trying to debunk it. Lay off the conspiracy pills.
edit on 11-2-2014 by zombiefreekshow because: (no reason given)

Yes, I've seen lots of these on snow at various points in my life, didn't think much about them. I thought it was just spots from car exhaust but maybe they were these snow fleas. Nice. Thanks for the thread and an insight into a life form I was unaware of.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join