It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of Orbs *PIC*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok my sister took this picture of my son and my nephew at our church on Halloween. Almost all of the pictures taken that day had all of these orbs, except the last picture of the entire group of us that was completely clear.

Thought it was interesting, and thought I would share it with the rest of you and see what you guys think.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Go go Power Rangers!

On topic, I never really found orbs all that interesting.They just appear to be dust to me...

Although, the last picture having NO orbs is interesting. That would shoot my dust theory out the window (assuming you were still using the same camera
)

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes the same camera was used for all the pictures, I'll get the rest of them uploaded in a bit.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Was it a Digital Camera or a film camera? Are there any stories of activity there? Ghosts, Spirits etc?
And i always wanted to be the Red Ranger

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"Lots of crappy artefacts due to poor optics and dirt"

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Was it a Digital Camera or a film camera? Are there any stories of activity there? Ghosts, Spirits etc?

It was a digital camera. No stories of activity that I know of. But it is a church with a cemetary so who knows.

And i always wanted to be the Red Ranger

He was madder than a hornet because he wanted to be the BLACK ranger lol

[edit on 22-11-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If these Orbs are on all the Pictures but the last one, the group Photo, then i wouldnt say it was bad optics or dust. Otherwise it would be on the last one as well wouldn't it?
Churchyards seem to have a History of Ghosts so you may well have caught some on film. Nice one

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Janus]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Looks kinda like dried water spots. Did the person using this camera happen to clean the lens before the last shot/group pic?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
bad camera, dust or ghosts love church's

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Personnaly im skeptical of orbs unless caught on video. Was the camera cleaned between the second last picture and last?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
nope the camera wasn't cleaned. I don't think it was a defect or water spots. I'm still waiting for her to send the other photos.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have found, from my limited experience, that on my digital camera if I get any kind of moisture or dust on the lens it will always show up on pics taken in dim light conditions. Was the last group photo taken in a more lighted area?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I went on a crappy haunted tour in Houston and several of my pictures had orbs in them. I don't think it's ghost related, I think that optical artifacts are responsible for the orbs and these could range from dust to pollen to whatever else.

As a test, I took several pictures in a row of the exact same place at 5 second intervals (this abandoned mental hospital that was built atop a civil war cemetary). About half of these 14 or so pictures had orbs in different places and amounts. Probably dust. It was a digital camera.

Zip

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have never been a big believer in these "orb" photos (although your story is pretty interesting). They seem to be nothing more than artifacts caused by water, dust, etc. My friend has an interesting camera story though. She had finished, or so she thought, using up the pictures she had on a disposable camera. She then dropped it in the box at a local wal mart for it to be developed. The next day when she picked up the film she was surprised to find that she must have had five extra pics on the camea. The strange thing is that all five pics were taken from inside the pick up box. She ended up having several good pics of a well lit drop off slot

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
I have never been a big believer in these "orb" photos (although your story is pretty interesting). They seem to be nothing more than artifacts caused by water, dust, etc. My friend has an interesting camera story though. She had finished, or so she thought, using up the pictures she had on a disposable camera. She then dropped it in the box at a local wal mart for it to be developed. The next day when she picked up the film she was surprised to find that she must have had five extra pics on the camea. The strange thing is that all five pics were taken from inside the pick up box. She ended up having several good pics of a well lit drop off slot

Okay, that's freaky, you have to revolve the dial with your thumb to advance to the next picture with those cameras...

Zip

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Originally posted by skychief

Okay, that's freaky, you have to revolve the dial with your thumb to advance to the next picture with those cameras...

Zip

Tell me about it. We all laughed at the pics until we realized just that. I will try and borrow them so I can post them as they are pretty funny.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
Looks kinda like dried water spots. Did the person using this camera happen to clean the lens before the last shot/group pic?

BINGO!

Thats my vote too, looks to me like there is "waterspots" on the lens in the bottom right hand of the picture. With smaller "waterspots" going from bottom right to top left corner. I think these "waterspots" where on the lens and reflected the lite lights in the back ground.

Also just to point out. the two "big orbs", one above the kids head that is drinking and the one above the lite light to the right are just unlite lights.

Nothing out of the ordinary if you ask me... Im not a fan of the these types of "orbs". The ones that people can see too are the ones that intrest me.

Thanks for posting for our opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Please take no offense - but - clean the lense. Looks like someone sneezed on it. There are other causes for these orbs - but in this case the culprit is on the surface not floating in the air. The dirt or scum on the lense causes the light to diffuse giving that orb appearance. Much more noticable in low light. Since the dirt is not in the field of view the blur is even more exagerated. I get those a lot when shooting on the tide flats on a windy day and salty spray gets on the lense. Hard on the optical coatings as well. Devastating when it ruins a once in a lifetime wildlife shot.

top topics

join