It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the result of GOD feeling bored ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As many here, I believe GOD is everything and we are part of it, like individual cells of this "celestial" body.

So, I was wondering that maybe GOD is soooo bored for knowing everything and doing everything that uses his own creations to limitate himself through us (and maybe other universes and beings) so there can be mistery, challenge and experimentation in his/its existence.

1st time we manage to do a new thing, ride a bicycle for example, we get excited but we "know" this is not an out-of-this-world situation. If we saw someone walking on the water or crossing a brick wall we`d think this person is an "alien" or a ghost. However, for this entity this would be nothing to admire and we could only do this as well if it was part of our reality, thus this could never be a surprising thing to us like the way we see in some movies when suddenly someone gets excited for manage doing this kind of things. Of course we would cause a huge impact on others but we`d still feel it as a normal thing to do, thus no reason to feel excited about it.

Now imagine a supreme being capable of doing everything and knowing everything. Nothing is a chalenge, nothing is new, there`s no excitment, no new experimentation.... so, CREATION is maybe the only thing left for this supreme entity not to feel bored

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well it's a possibility, but seen as "boredom" is a HUMAN emotional state I highly doubt it...

To even feel boredom God would have to be subject to the "flow of time", otherwise he wouldn't be able to feel it passing and therefore could not get bored by doing nothing...

Still, he probably doesn't exist so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this

edit on 11/2/14 by MadHatter364 because:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Your theory is paradoxical. If he was bored from having had already done everything, and it was truly everything, then we, or a similar creation, would have already been apart of that everything.

Thus, we would be a recreation of something that he was already bored of - and that wouldn't make sense.

I think you are right about emotional stimuli, though. That is, everything appears to be "good" concept (re)production, where "good" is what is pleasing, and what is most pleasing, is what is just. The (re)production part is the creation or recreation of an idea / concept that is pleasurable or just or both.

So instead, what if he created us because he loved the concept of us? (Instead of him being bored of the concept of us.)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This concept is mentioned in the Book of Aquarius in which the unnamed author wrote a great little poem about this. Enjoy.

If God knows everything there is to know,
Then I ask: how can God learn or grow?
If you knew all that was and all that will be,
Then how can any decision you make be free?
If you were everything and everything was you,
Then there would be nothing for you to do;
And there we find God, in this very position,
Imprisoned by the power of his own condition,
But there is a way to escape from this net,
All that God would have to do is forget,
Forget what He was and in ignorance find
Choice and free will, from confusion of mind;
And so God created a plane of limitation,
That confusing place we call creation,
A place of ignorance where we're free to choose,
Free to make mistakes and free to lose;
For only a being who knows not what is true
Has the free will to choose what to do;
Through us God can live, think, feel and see,
And experience He knew, but now He can be;
Yet though we've forgotten where we come from,
The closer we get, the happier we become,
With control of awareness you can return,
But you have less choice the more you learn;
Each mortal longs for the infinite touch,
Yet the infinite longs to know not so much;

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Lonely maybe... or empty. Pointless. I wouldn't say boredom. A normal person with lots to do can feel empty if they have no one to share it with.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lysacid

wow, this sure meet my above thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing it here

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

MadHatter364
Well it's a possibility, but seen as "boredom" is a HUMAN emotional state I highly doubt it...

To even feel boredom God would have to be subject to the "flow of time", otherwise he wouldn't be able to feel it passing and therefore could not get bored by doing nothing...

Still, he probably doesn't exist so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this

edit on 11/2/14 by MadHatter364 because:

God is subjected to a flow of time that is a absolte constant, Gods time line is absolute constant all the time, because God is absolute and infinite and takes up all Space possible.

God can observe everything that is not as absolute as he is. Because nothig else that exists can be a absolute constant or absolut neutral like God is.

According to the Bible God does have a plan. And there is no doubt that he does. The expansion proves that, because Our universe is evolving.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Now imagine a supreme being capable of doing everything and knowing everything. Nothing is a chalenge, nothing is new, there`s no excitment, no new experimentation.... so, CREATION is maybe the only thing left for this supreme entity not to feel bored

Well, theoretically, since God is everything, there would be no reason for that particular entity to do anything. This thing can't feel bored or lonely. That's a deficiency of some kind, and if the entity is everything there is no deficiency.

More likely, the entity had to create us because without us, it doesn't exist. It's essentially bootstrapping itself into existence by having us there to imagine it or experience it (collapse the quantum wave function) and bring it into existence. It's a two-way street.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No.

We are the result of God needing slave labor.

"God" is not a name, nor is it a singular entity. It is the ancient term used to describe an ancient astronaut. Today, we call gods "aliens".

The reason for our creation is not only in the Sumerian clay tablets; it is spelled out in Genesis. "God saw that there was no man to till the soil" . This is describing the resolution to the astronauts' gold-mining mission. Then, "Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness".

The repeated use of 'us' and 'our', and "us gods", "those gods" and "other gods" are not typos.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think you are close to the truth. A worthy philosophical appraisal in my opinion and well worth discussing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Yep, that`s an interesting point of view as well

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Is more like a God child that got bored and created humans to have something to worry about for eternity.

Actually I believe that the role of humanity in the universe is a complex experiment done by aliens researches to understand the development of simple life form before them.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Then WHO created these aliens ?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The alien race that happen to be our "creator gods" have their own evolution/ creation story,and it is not necessary for us to uncover it just to explain our own. We are not privy to have to know the creation story for every civilization story of all civilizations in the universe.

I hear this 'argument' a lot; "Who created the aliens if they created us?" This is actually irrelevant to OUR creation story. Even when we read the bible, "In the beginning..." it only refers to OUR beginning. There should be no inference that those gods created every being and everything in the universe.

OUR creators only created US.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yes, but you seem to act as if we are all that was conceived. The only ants in "god's" garden, so to speak.
I suggest that you review your views on this matter. Get a trifle more inquisitive about how an alternative could be if your "god" system for creation was merely one explanation among many...and allowing within those many possible basic plans that life, intelligent life, was manifold in the Universe and lastly, if some were more favored then others. (Warning! It would be a human inclination to allow that humans are in a separate class above all others.)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

God is subjected to a flow of time that is a absolte constant, Gods time line is absolute constant all the time
Oh so there are, in fact, TWO TIMELINES??? Kinda like in that "Back to the Future" movie...Cool

According to the Bible God does have a plan.

Indeed, HOWEVER, according to the Bible, God also kind of ordered a genocide:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”(1 Samuel 15:3)

SO, YEAH...pardon me if I take what the Bible says with a (huge) grain of salt.

God does have a plan [...] And there is no doubt that he does
Correction, YOU have no doubt that he does. Some of us would beg to differ.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Humans have a big problem with mortality and understanding the meaning of the term eternity, why? because we tend to measure everything that revolves around us within our on lifespan.

And that is the biggest problem that humanity have, one thing is to understand that the body is perishable, but the soul or essence is actually eternal.

Aliens or Gods have not problems with this and neither we once we shed our mortal earth bound bodies.

Is much that we do not know about our own creation if is any, because as mortals we will never understand it, as our brains are incapable of such task, that is why we created a higher being that created all, so we can come to terms when it comes to life and death, a death that only affect our human flesh.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is more something a child would ask (sorry)
If God exists or the God as I believe is meant here then I see "him" as more of a glue or even a binder like honey.
He holds things in this universe together. Binding in the sense of recording as well.
Not only the physical but other forces such as free will, good and evil and life and infinity.
He took something and bound it together to create our universe. Something visioned more than known.

I think that's why people have such a hard time believing because it either doesn't seem great enough or far fetched but that's a strong glue when you consider not just the physical but the other forces.

What and why seems like a trick question, it cant be answered in or from this universe which sways me to something planned or decided such as Gods decision to bind this universe.

God would be mad if human like and subject to boredom, such as he would have the same what and why questions (imagine God pondering if he has a supreme :lol). Rather more of a phenomenon we can only begin to understand or describe with physical and spiritual observations.

I like to think what were the alternatives? This vision was the only thing that offered (acceptable) infinity and the opportunity was not lost?

Also if Good was a binding factor or a force required or if evil has an equal pull. I see Good / Choice as the biggest forces in the universe. If we could find the answer we would lose the choice. And the reason for choice is to show Good prevails.
Bad or Evil is not a new born baby suffering that is pain. Bad is a choice and the consequence of such. So God chose to (bind) good just as he hopes others will.

I just feel there is something in that choice but I don't really know which makes faith difficult.

Nice thread and funny topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
One of God’s desires for humankind is that people learn and develop practical wisdom, so that they might live intelligently and honestly. In this way their lives will be useful, bringing pleasure to God and benefits to themselves and others (Proverbs 1:2-7; Proverbs 2:7-11; Ephesians 5:15-16).

Read further: www.studylight.org...

new topics

top topics

join