It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Storm 'PAX' ... Deep South, Mid Atlantic, DC, Philly, NYC, Boston etc etc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Every weather reporter has a different storm total expected. Why is that? You'd think they'd all come up with the same numbers because they are using the same equipment and information. But no. We are getting anywhere from a pile of rain to 12 inches of snow and ice .... depending on who you ask. UGH.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, we are getting hammered right now with snow and gusty wind. Need to go cook some spaghetti real quick just in case the power goes out... stay safe, people!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Every weather reporter has a different storm total expected. Why is that? You'd think they'd all come up with the same numbers because they are using the same equipment and information. But no. We are getting anywhere from a pile of rain to 12 inches of snow and ice .... depending on who you ask. UGH.

They don't use the same equipment. They use different programs and models. We will be given 3 different scenarios depending on what happens.

Ironically,. the model that is most accurate for my area is the European model.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The snow from this storm is going to be wet and heavy. They are anticipating a lot of power outages. If you are in the path, be prepared!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

nixie_nox

FlyersFan

They don't use the same equipment. They use different programs and models. We will be given 3 different scenarios depending on what happens.

Ironically,. the model that is most accurate for my area is the European model.

I think there are too many variables with this one...

My employer goes with the NWS so I guess I'll follow suit...should they decide to cancel events in the near future

They're forecasting 4-8 inches of snow, but with temperatures increasing & winds picking up in my area- so who really knows?

I'll be happy if there's no power outage or ice...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join