It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FAKE western Propaganda on Sochi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ah yes the Construction workers and athletes are making the same claims? and are these some how the same Construction workers and athletes whom were picked up by the western news outlets agaisnt the Russian Olympics?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

dollukka
There has been a lot of news of unpaid sochi workers, accused as thieves and beated by police. Yesterday on our news channel there were also such a case and only way out of torture was to agree not to blaim unpaid salary. So it seems that contractors of olympics have police in their pocket and doing dirty work for them.

So if they were not paid in multiple months you can´t expect them to do superb job either.

I am wondering just how much that lady on that YouTube was paid to make those claims.
And here's a another issue with that story from CNN.

CNN's Nic Robertson speaks to one man who says he was beaten and raped after complaining about poor working conditions

This is the same Nic Robertson that interviewed Eman al-Obeidy whom claimed that she was raped by Gaddafi forces. She promised to show to proof of her wounds by the men that she was indeed raped by Gaddafi forces on his show the problem is she never did.

edit on 12-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i don't think the propaganda is fake. cities have always had problems and they are just upset and embarrassed that they are being called out. china had smog, greece had wild dogs, even the u.s had a terrorist attack. no country is perfect and we all have issues with our politics and history. so everyone defending russia and denying the criticism should lighten up and realize that having issues is normal.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

conspiracy nut
i don't think the propaganda is fake. cities have always had problems and they are just upset and embarrassed that they are being called out. china had smog, greece had wild dogs, even the u.s had a terrorist attack. no country is perfect and we all have issues with our politics and history. so everyone defending russia and denying the criticism should lighten up and realize that having issues is normal.

Thank you for highlighting the fact that everyone in the media seems to have forgotten: in 1996 at the Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta there was a terrorist bombing. Additionally, many including myself feel the evidence shows that TWA 800 was shot down killing all the passengers and crew; this occurred 24 hours prior to the Opening Ceremony in Atlanta.

Another fact the government and media's conveniently ignore as they continue to claim Russia is not sharing intelligence: it was intelligence from Russia which warned the US about Tamerlan Tsarnaev (and Russia pushed this intelligence to multiple agencies who ignored it).

Yes, every host city of the Olympics has encountered the same type of issues as Sochi. While people are losing their minds about the cost of these Olympics, might I remind everyone that the budget for the US bid for the 2016 Olympics was far greater than Sochi.

If I were a Russian who was organizing the accommodations for US media I'd probably place them in the worst accommodations as a thank you for all their anti Russian propaganda.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

conspiracy nut

Hi conspiracy.

I have a question for you if I may? (This question goes out to other contributors on this thread also)

Lets just imagine that the Olympic games are being held in your home town and country this year.

Lets just imagine that journalists are making a big fuss about hotel conditions, wild dogs etc etc as they have done so for Russia... (putting the gay issue to one side here).

How would you feel and how would you react to all of these incessant attacks on your own town and country?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 13/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Ah yes the Construction workers and athletes are making the same claims? and are these some how the same Construction workers and athletes whom were picked up by the western news outlets agaisnt the Russian Olympics?

No, it would be the construction workers who worked on the previous winter Olympics that Russia brought in to help build their venues.

The claims are not exactly the same since there would be no reason for a construction worker to sound off about venue use or an athlete to complain about not being paid for the construction.

try again....

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Rodinus

I guess that you have not read all of the other threads relating to the Sotchi games here on ATS.

Even certain members here who have posted on those threads have been contaminated by this too...

It is called, misunderstanding of other cultures, untolerance of other cultures, disrespect for other cultures and also "complete I AM IN LOVE WITH MY OWN COUNTRY AND NO OTHER COUNTRY EXISTS OUTSIDE OF THE WALLS OF MINE syndrome*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Really a misunderstanding.........They sad part about all of this is the joke is on the Russian's. They are the poor saps who are going to pay for this........... 50 billion.

Bottom line Putin is a con artist. He is a lie wrapped up in a lie.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

SubTruth

Rodinus

I guess that you have not read all of the other threads relating to the Sotchi games here on ATS.

Even certain members here who have posted on those threads have been contaminated by this too...

It is called, misunderstanding of other cultures, untolerance of other cultures, disrespect for other cultures and also "complete I AM IN LOVE WITH MY OWN COUNTRY AND NO OTHER COUNTRY EXISTS OUTSIDE OF THE WALLS OF MINE syndrome*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Really a misunderstanding.........They sad part about all of this is the joke is on the Russian's. They are the poor saps who are going to pay for this........... 50 billion.

You realize if the US was awarded the 2016 Olympics the proposed budget was greater than Russia has spent on Sochi.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You mean like all the other corrupted politicians that rule the rest of the world.

Putins mistake in his corruption of his people is that he does not try to hide it.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Rodinus

You mean like all the other corrupted politicians that rule the rest of the world.

Putins mistake in his corruption of his people is that he does not try to hide it.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

As an American I absolutely agree with your post.

It is our ignorance and our misguided sense of American exceptionalism that causes us to ignore the actual facts of the reality of the current state of America compared to the world:
* Press Freedom: 46th

* Literacy: 7th

* Math: 27th

* Science: 22nd

* Life Expectancy: 49th

* Infant Mortality: 178th

* Life Expectancy: 26th

* Number of Citizens Executed: 5th

* Number of Adults who Believe Angels are Real: 1st

* Number of Physicians Per Person: Worst (Least # of Physicians per 1,000 people)

* Cost of Healthcare: 1st (Highest cost)

* First Day Infant Mortality Rate: 1st (Highest in the industrialized world)

* Defense Spending: 1st

* Income Inequality: 1st (Worst Income Inequality in the developed world)

* Incarceration Rate: 1st (most the number of prisoners per 100,000 people)

* Number of Citizens in Prison: 1st (more than any other nation by far)

So yes, lets remain complacent and continue our delusional belief that here in America we're the land of the free and the rest of the world stinks...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

buddha
The pic of the half toilet.
I first sore it in ATS post a funny pic, the old one!
so its very old.
they are just out to bash ussr.
There are quite a few fake pics in that article, not one of which is sourced, and not one of which I have seen circulated as legitimate pics.

I have seen, however, pics of the yellow water, the flooded lobbies, the doors that had to be smashed after they became so jammed that there was no other choice, the wires hanging from the ceiling, the toilets so close together that two people couldnt use them without touching, the beds lined up like a triage unit, the toilets that did not even have plumbing run to them....well, you get the point.

Fake propaganda? Get outta here. What you have is proof that a country overspent by billions on this thing and still couldnt get it right while poverty still abounds all around it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join