It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FAKE western Propaganda on Sochi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
paleofuture.gizmodo.com...

The above link gives 8 pics which are completely fake you can bet then some of the others are fake as well.. From what it seems we have trolls and news agencies just simply googling "Russain Toilets" or "Dirty bathrooms" and posting this as being done in Sochi Games .. Cmon , how far will they go in an attempt to defame a nation....

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its more than just the media complaining about conditions. Construction workers and athletes are making the same claims - that the conditions are problematic.

Secondly can you link / cite to the information that supports your position ( I ask since its information I have not come across yet). I would like to see the other side of the coin.

The press arrived in Sochi this week for the Winter Olympics, and it did not go well.

Tweets, photos and full-on articles told the world of shoddy, unfinished accommodations that gave Vladimir Putin's Olympic Games a black eye before they'd even started. Russian officials remained largely mum as Sochi's unfinished construction — rooms without doorhandles, toilets that can't flush paper — became the story of the week that ends Friday with the Olympics' opening ceremony.

Then, on Thursday, a Russian official finally addressed reporters, ostensibly to set the media straight and correct the false narrative that gained so much momentum.

So according to Russia the media is responsible for making "false claims" about the conditions in Sochi. How did the Russians support their claim?

His response, according to The Wall Street Journal, boiled down to this: Some reporters are sabotaging Sochi's Olympics accommodations for splashy headlines. Russian officials know this because they have surveillance cameras in hotel rooms. And at least some of those surveillance cameras are focused on hotel showers.

"We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister who oversaw Russia's Olympic prep, told the Journal.

Apparently the operation to blame the reporters is called Operation out of the Frying Pan.... Is it possible to walk this back?

A spokesperson for Kozak later denied that hotel rooms or bathrooms in Sochi have surveillance cameras, according to the Journal. The spokesperson said Kozak was likely referring to surveillance done at hotel sites during construction.

Cameras or no cameras, Kozak's response does not come from the Public Relations Hall of Fame and it appears to have horrified Kozak's handlers. The Journal reports that an aide immediately "pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms. 'We're doing a tour of the media center,' the aide said."

Here is the pitch.....

Swing and a miss....

I have a bad feeling about these Olympics... Its like watching the Russian version of Obamacare being rolled out.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Everytime there is a sporting event we have these stories. It's hardly something that has been directed only at russia.
It's not even news here in the uk once the games actually started real news took over.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well, we are talking about a generation of folks who all too often are caught saying... "I read it on the internet" as a way to clarify that something is indeed true.

And that's about all I have to say about that.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Embarrassing the NWOs nemesis Putin is what it is all about...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There are many factors for picking and smearing on Russia.

1) Gay are against them due to their gay policy.

2) some older Americans are brainwashed to fear communism or anything associated with it.

3) The right wing has it owns hatred for them than left wing.

4) Americans hate Russia.

Wait a minutes! Gays and Right wing on same team! The world is ending!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

We have exactly the same stories about every sporting venue, they've already started on Brazil and Qatar in the UK.
People seem to be suggesting Russia should escape this type of story and get special treatment. that is kind of odd.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

...same stories about every sporting venue...

Its not like i only started reading about this Olympic propaganda now.

They do exist(bomb scare is being the common one) but there seem to be extra vitriol is thrown at Russia. if you cant see that you are just biased(or fit in one of the points i mentioned earlier).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I don't agree really, the stuff about the venues always happens. The vitrol about Russia I would say is more aimed at the anti gay laws and well they deserve that.
However this thread is about the venues and here in the uk on the mainstream media they pretty much got exactly the same treatment as everybody else.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I guess that you have not read all of the other threads relating to the Sotchi games here on ATS.

Even certain members here who have posted on those threads have been contaminated by this too...

It is called, misunderstanding of other cultures, untolerance of other cultures, disrespect for other cultures and also "complete I AM IN LOVE WITH MY OWN COUNTRY AND NO OTHER COUNTRY EXISTS OUTSIDE OF THE WALLS OF MINE syndrome*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Rodinus
It is called, misunderstanding of other cultures, untolerance of other cultures, disrespect for other cultures and also "complete I AM IN LOVE WITH MY OWN COUNTRY AND NO OTHER COUNTRY EXISTS OUTSIDE OF THE WALLS OF MINE syndrome*

I've heard this argument and it sounds like a Cop out to me. This isn't a cultural thing as many would like us to believe. It's very much about crappy preparations in some cases.

There's controversy about almost every Olympics for some reason or another. Why should Russia get a pass while others get tossed under the bus?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Rodinus

I've heard this argument and it sounds like a Cop out to me. This isn't a cultural thing as many would like us to believe. It's very much about crappy preparations in some cases.

There's controversy about almost every Olympics for some reason or another. Why should Russia get a pass while others get tossed under the bus?

Except in this case much of the controversy has been faked by journalists. Which I don't recall happening with other games.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

khimbar
Except in this case much of the controversy has been faked by journalists. Which I don't recall happening with other games

Source?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

SLAYER69

khimbar
Except in this case much of the controversy has been faked by journalists. Which I don't recall happening with other games

Source?

...is linked to in the OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I see a bunch of internet pictures and a site proclaiming it was propaganda directed at Sochi by the 'Media'

ummmm...

It's the Internet.

Toxic waste in American City Sink hole!

Must be Media propaganda against Obama.

Fluorescent Dye
edit on 11-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Does no one else find it strange that Russia openly admitted to having surveillance cameras in the showers?

Source - DailyMail

Putin, you perv.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

luciddream
There are many factors for picking and smearing on Russia.

1) Gay are against them due to their gay policy.

2) some older Americans are brainwashed to fear communism or anything associated with it.

3) The right wing has it owns hatred for them than left wing.

4) Americans hate Russia.

Wait a minutes! Gays and Right wing on same team! The world is ending!

And since when do you speak on behalf of all Americans? Paaah-lease.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Rodinus

Slayer,

Although I appreciate and respect what you have said, I don't think I mentioned anyhing about Russia having a cop out?

If people would care to look through the history of the Olympic games in general, each and every country have had their fair share of cock ups, corruption and balls ups.

What I think is unfair is the HUGE amount of general "picking on" of the Russian preparations in general (especially here on ATS)...

Sorry but over here in France I have been following the winter Olympics in Sotchi just about every day and not once when an international (AND I UNDERLINE INTERNATIONAL) athelete has been interviewed, have they complained about the preparations...

For the moment it is only the media and armchair journalists such as certain people on this site that are having a bang at the Russian preparations.

But I suppose it is better to keep my gob shut here on ATS as apparently the majority of people here disagree with the fact that we should show a certain amount of respect and tolerance to other countries outside of our boundries and that we should just slam the Russians each time that the Olympic games are mentioned.

I wonder what will happen if the next Olympics are held in the USA for example... when people outside of the USA start having a bang at the US... there will be a bloody uproar here on ATS...

I have noticed here that when people have a bang at other countries then everything is fine and dandy and if you disagree then you are a complete nugget head... have a bang at the USA or certain other countries... then it goes without saying... (guess it's a cultural thing but then again, why should the USA or other countries cop out too??)

Such a shame that the Olympic spirit had died.

AND AN EVEN BIGGER SHAME IS THE AMOUNT OF SHEEP WHO ARE FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES OF THE SO CALLED JOURNALISTS AND CONTINUING TO SPREAD SUCH TAURINE EXCRETIA WHILST STILL WEARING THOSE BLINKERS...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 11/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Except none of the 8 pictures in the link have any association with journalists covering the games. Are they presented on the internet as being from the Winter Olympics in Sochi? Sure, but not by journalists as part of an anti-Russian conspiracy.

The captions in the link even state the pictures are from "online jokesters" and the one mention of actual journalists states that some are complaining of dirty tap water, but THIS PARTICULAR PICTURE is from Ukraine in August of 2008. The picture has popped up on social media as being from Sochi in 2014 but its not associated with journalists attempting to pass it off as current.

I get that there has been a lot of "poking the bear" if you will that's associated with these games, but lets not try to pass of viral internet photos as evidence of a Western journalistic conspiracy. There are many other avenues of approach one could take to make that point.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

maddy21
paleofuture.gizmodo.com...

The above link gives 8 pics which are completely fake you can bet then some of the others are fake as well.. From what it seems we have trolls and news agencies just simply googling "Russain Toilets" or "Dirty bathrooms" and posting this as being done in Sochi Games .. Cmon , how far will they go in an attempt to defame a nation....

Exactly and not to mention that they have video evidence in the bathrooms to fight those claims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join