It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap! I've been set up on a blind date!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

kaylaluv

Wow, that is extremely rude of her. Unless someone is dying or in the hospital, there is no excuse for texting or talking on the phone while you are spending time with someone else. Not cool at all. I don't understand why someone can't just put the phone away for a couple of hours. Pet peeve of mine.

You're psychic! Yea, her folks are of advanced age and the family has just put them in a hospice care home, and now they are fighting over who gets what. The parents aren't even dead yet!

And even though we have differing views on things, she did seem nice enough. Just to many differences to make things click.

On the bright side, I wasn't all that nervous, so I now know I can get out there and put myself back in the market.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The phone texting or even using is extremely rude. I'm glad you found out
the likes & dislikes between you from the get go. I think you have wonder traits
& they show alot of compassion & the very ones I look for in a mate.
You will eventually find the right person.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

TDawgRex

You're psychic! Yea, her folks are of advanced age and the family has just put them in a hospice care home, and now they are fighting over who gets what. The parents aren't even dead yet!

Yeah, I think she could have put a hold on the fighting for just a couple of hours while she was with you. Just my opinion.

I agree that going on this date was not a total loss for you at all, as you see now that you can handle yourself just fine on future dates. Best of luck to you!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Too bad it didn't work out but I have to tell you, you are a very patient man. Texting and talking on the phone non stop would have had me walking out of there big time.

You are a very nice guy. You will find someone that will have interest in you and not just her own issues.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The texting thing is a big pet peeve of mine. Generally the advice I give to my brother and male friends if she is responding to more than one text per hour(you should be willing to accept once an hour so she can check in and let people know she is ok), she isn't really ready to date.

As to your differences, mostly having differences is a good thing. It depends entirely on just how far apart they are. My guy also loves to travel and by car and sadly it is a huge part of his job so it is good he likes it. I don't travel well and 9 hours is about as long as I am willing to travel in a car. It works between us because we learned to work within that framework. It really all comes down to how much both parties are willing to bend on their differences.

But everything else aside even if you have a bad date it is a good thing. Because even a bad date gives you experience. And as with most things experience builds future success.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

There you go, TDawg....Ektar does some dog breeding and training, too!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Texting is a big pet peeve of mine as well, but she already seemed under stress so I didn't want to add to it. It eventually stopped and we were able to talk without interruption. That was when I found out what all the texting was about.

I figure I just didn't float her boat as almost everything I brought up, she had a opposite view, and of course visa-versa.

At no time was politics or CT brought up either.

Sometimes opposites don't attract.
edit on 18-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Shame man, I was hoping for a happy ending

But I have to agree, if you're on a date TURN OFF the bloody phone.

I'm generally a positive person, and well chuffed you finally put yourself back on the market.

Next time maybe

Now get out there and let that special one find you

Cody

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I imagine your experience isn't unique.

We have the same problem at work - even the threat of disciplinary action isn't enough to make folk turn their phones off (African workers are the worst; they like the sound of their ringtones...).

An inevitable occupational hazard of being on a date these days.

Not necessarily a bad thing, it gives you both a break from each other.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh snaps, Rex.

Just because your ATS user name invokes a king doesn't mean you have to end up with a drama queen.

Well, no one could ask for more understanding and compassion than you provided her, I think you, dog, deserve a very tasty treat, lolz. Seriously, I would have bailed much earlier but it seems you took the high road.

Now, I am only 1 state to the west of you so if you are interested with being set up even more blindly, I know 2 single divorcees who are very attractive.
Scratch that. Now that I think about it they are quite dramatic too.

As ^^ states, she will find you. Probably doing what you both love to do in lines with activities/hobbies - so get out there and approach

Wishing you the best, King!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The best part is you put yourself out there & handled everything so well.
So now you ARE officially on the market. I haven't done that yet but I hope
to soon. I think I'm 2 states north of you & if you were closer I would go
have a drink with you. Never sell your self short because you deserve the best.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ah! So sorry to hear it did not go as hoped!
The good thing out of it, is that you got back on the bicycle again.

I can imagine the nervousness! And that you feel you could do it again, is also good.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Don't you worry about a thing TDawg, you'll find someone who is actually worth your time and emotions.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Too bad about that. I would help out, but unfortunately there don't seem to be many nice girls anymore.

My son is having problems finding a nice wife as well. I have offered to get him one from a rural area in the middle east since they still cook and clean and make very nice wives, but he is saying no... lol .. he wants to find his own.

I am sure you would say no too... no one listens to me

But cheer up, though they are few and far between, they do still exist...
Good luck to you! Finding a good wife is never easy, but worth it in the end when you find her!
edit on 21-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yup. The only other option is to look in Mexico, at least from where I am sitting. There are women there who still know how to be a wife.

I guess in my house it works out well. My wife can cook stuff I won't eat, and pancakes. Pancakes are her redeeming virtue. Other than that, i warn against eating her stuff. But I cook really well, so it works out.

We divide our household up by career. She handles all the medical stuff, i handle food and revenue. Laundry we split, housecleaning we split.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

hahaha

My husband can microwave! He did teach me how though, in effort to get out of even that if at all possible. I had never used one before I met him...lol

Because of my pain level and the fact that I work 6 days a week, cooking and cleaning these days are pretty light for me, but we try to keep the dirt and dishes to a minimum. I probably only cook real food twice a week these days...

he taught me how to use a microwave.. did I mention that? hahahaha

I take turns with him on trash, and I clean the bathroom and the house and do the dishes and the laundry, unless I need his help real bad, I try not to be asking him for too much. He's wonderful and takes care of everything on bad days...or wears dirty clothes and waits for me to feel better. hahaha

I am working on being able to work out of the house, once I have that going well, I wont be needing the microwave anymore... I might end up throwing that thing out!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The mail order route is a no-go for me, as is the on-line dating thing (I tried that...the horror!). I'm going to just going to do it the 'ol fashioned way and introduce myself, face to face.

But thanks for the thoughts!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

im not talking mail order. Im talking spending some time in Mexico. Or talking to someone who has a cousin.

I guess being where I am, that is easier than in Ohio. LOL.

Its hard. I know a guy who is in similar boat. Mexican immigrant. Hard worker. Very polite. But works so much he never gets to meet anyone. Not old enough for stuff like the senior center. Horrified at the prospects of bar flies and bible thumpers alike, he doesn't do bars or church's. And has no idea how to find ladies from a place in between those two extremes.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think in-between extremes is probably the most difficult.

Also, I think in person is so hit and miss... who knows what she is really like.

I personally have an affinity for arranged marriages... not the kind like most people think arranged marriages are, but at least where those closest to you can start for your type, THEN you can meet, THEN decide if a marriage is pursue-able.

But you weed out the undesirables that way... seriously you do.

My son wants someone who wants to be a stay at home mom, and who does all the cooking and cleaning. He also doesn't want anyone particularly stuck on religion. I have told him he is not just going to run into someone like that...lol... he is 28 and still unmarried because of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In my area, there is no shortage of women like that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join