It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap! I've been set up on a blind date!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Night Star
Just be yourself, you wouldn't want someone to want you for anything less.

I am always me.

For better or worst.

(I'm starting to think its worst as it has been one hell of a dry spell)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Best case scenario: you go on another date

worst case scenario: you never see her again

either way, it's win-win

Out of all the helpful advice, which made me chuckle.

I would say that this is the best. Thanks.

Just another day. Just another adventure.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

My sound ain't working, but I'm 95% sure that this clip contains all that you need for success

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Being nervous is not always a bad thing is it? It keeps you on your toes and it also says that you care how it goes. I have been married almost 17 years. If I had to date again, I would be uber nervous as well.

I hope it does go well for you. Everybody deserves somebody and your nervousness should ease up after the first 10 to 15 minutes.... unless she invites you back to her place of course.
J/K

You will be ok! Just keep her laughing.

Just like a woman. Always so reassuring.

Of course, once you get to know us guys...then it is another story, ain't it? LOL J/K

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Juggalos are a real concern when it comes to blind dates sir, they come in female form too

aka the juggalette (they were cute juggalettes pics but most violate T&C)

But yeah don't worry all will be fine in any case, just enjoy yourself and remember to respect the stranger
______

I wont lie after seeing the not T&C worthy juggalettes pics i would not have a problem with them, maybe not meet your parents material but they got other assets (the lady in the pic issue is not really being a juggalo, there are underlying problems)
edit on 11-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Yea, If I'm hooked up with that. (Sorry, ladies, um...Juggalettes) I will have to follow ExPat888's and Monty Python's advice and Run Awaaay! Run Awaaay!
edit on 11-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: How exactly do you spell Juggallo...or Juggalette for that matter?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Do *not* take the advice of these self-medicators. Avoid alcohol at all costs as it could bring out the worst in you

Unless it gets to the point that you don't care before you run, hehe.

If you want any advice, you must provides us with more details: when, where, what.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A blind date on (or around) Valentines Day? Geeee ... no pressure there!!
Seriously .. be yourself and relax .. what's the worst that can happen?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
btw don't be like this guy

lol

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

watchesfromwall
If you want any advice, you must provides us with more details: when, where, what.

When: Next Monday. 17 Feb

Where: A local Italian restaurant.

What: I have no clue other than she is of Lebanese descent. I've never met her...I don't think. I don't even know her name.

Like I said...scary. Which is why I'm nervous. But I'm still looking forward to the adventure. *fingers crossed*

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

TDawgRex
I’ve made mention of this in a couple threads, but to be truthful. I’m nervous as hell. I felt more comfortable on combat ops truth be told. THAT’s how nervous I am.

I’ve dated before in the ten years since I have broken it off with my ex, but it turned out that every woman that I saw was married. I won’t cross that line. I have no problem being the happy asshole…but I don’t want to THE asshole.

Maybe I should have put this in the rant forum. But I’m still scared as all get out. It's been awhile.

Ha! Not laughing at you, but with you. Well, congrats!
Please tell me though, it's not set for that nasty, evil, dirty, rotten, Be My Valentine Day?

I do see where you would be nervous. Especially since it's been a while. But hell, the worst that can happen is that you are both immediately disgusted, right?

Be who you are. All you can do. I wish you success!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

FlyersFan
A blind date on (or around) Valentines Day? Geeee ... no pressure there!!
Seriously .. be yourself and relax .. what's the worst that can happen?

Yes that's what I was thinking. Kind of untimely--poor Rex

OK -edit to add: well at least it's after the Day of Cupid, so less pressure there

Italian sounds romantic; 1 point for you

I would avoid the stringy noodles myself, and opt for chicken or beef ( whatever you enjoy ) as you don't want to be too self conscious or messy, lolz.

DO open the door for her if you are meeting outside, offer her wine if she wants (but don't drink if she doesn't), and make sure that you pay -- even if it is a blind date. She will respect these things you do, I believe.

Also, make sure you know her name, for goodness sakes.
. Do y'all have mutual friends? In all honesty, can't say that I've ever been on a blind date, but it sounds like an adventure for sure.

One of my bridesmaids, and great friend at the time, was from Lebanon. For a 1st meeting, unless she brings up such topics herself, avoid: politics, religion, military, and of course ATS. Focus on: family/friends, activities/interests, careers/jobs.

You probably know all of this, but I find that the more prepared I am in situations, the less nervous I am.

Have fun getting to know this new person -- if you are excited your enthusiasm will shine through

edit on 11-2-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Don't be dating the blind, date someone who is fully awakened.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Just be confident. I don't understand what to be nervous about. Just be cool, talk about her and buy for dinner.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Best case scenario: you go on another date

worst case scenario: you never see her again

either way, it's win-win

Lets hope it is a person he wanna see again. To be a 100% gentleman and not leave is hard, when the date is not clicking at all and the time is going to slow and you cannot wait for the date to be over.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Tdawg

Just be with her like you are with us ATS.

But it may be an idea not to mention you know us on a first date

And this is probably not a good opening line

Cody

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Be afraid, be very afraid. Forget the blind date. Stick with the strippers it's cheaper, takes care of your horn dog, and unless you're really stupid you don't get too attached because you generally lose interest when you discover the have an extra hole where their brain should be.
edit on 11-2-2014 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Best tip for a blind date:

Offer to meet at a public place where there are lots of other people.

Explain that to spot each other easily,you will be wearing something red and she should also wear something red. Keep a red tie in your coat pocket as you walk around.

After spotting her as she'll be wearing something red, two solutions:

She looks nice and interesting, take some distance, put on the red tie and get back there...

She looks anything like Mom in "Throw Momma Off The Train"...forget the red tie and run...

Oh...and if all women in the area wear something red...well....Good Luck.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Seriously my friend

Nerves are natural, try to think of it from the other side as well, gonna be just as nervous

How's starting with "I'm nervous as hell, please forgive me if I make an idiot of myself for the first few minutes"

May I start by offering you a drink ?

Just a thought

Cody

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join