It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap! I've been set up on a blind date!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I’ve made mention of this in a couple threads, but to be truthful. I’m nervous as hell. I felt more comfortable on combat ops truth be told. THAT’s how nervous I am.

I’ve dated before in the ten years since I have broken it off with my ex, but it turned out that every woman that I saw was married. I won’t cross that line. I have no problem being the happy asshole…but I don’t want to THE asshole.

Maybe I should have put this in the rant forum. But I’m still scared as all get out. It's been awhile.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

TDawgRex
I’ve made mention of this in a couple threads, but to be truthful. I’m nervous as hell. I felt more comfortable on combat ops truth be told. THAT’s how nervous I am.

I’ve dated before in the ten years since I have broken it off with my ex, but it turned out that every woman that I saw was married. I won’t cross that line. I have no problem being the happy asshole…but I don’t want to THE asshole.

Maybe I should have put this in the rant forum. But I’m still scared as all get out. It's been awhile.

No worries mate...

We have set you up with Cody and Doc...

Have fun and HAPPY VALENTINES...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Remember ... be just mysterious enough.

Don't go all ATS on her!! LOL Here's a badge of courage for ya ...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Panic. I'd panic if I were you.

If she's kind and attractive, panic worse.

Trust beezzer's dating tips on this one.

1. Always take a small monkey on the first date.
2. Wear chaps and pretend you're a rodeo clown.
3. Sob hysterically if she mentions any movie. ANY movie.
4. Get facial tattoos together.
5. Arm-wrestle for the bill after dinner.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I'd be nervous too. Tell her you're nervous straight up
Have a couple drinks to take the edge off.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A blind date?

Well at least she wont be able to see how ugly you are.

Joking!
Good luck

edit on 11-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Being nervous is not always a bad thing is it? It keeps you on your toes and it also says that you care how it goes. I have been married almost 17 years. If I had to date again, I would be uber nervous as well.

I hope it does go well for you. Everybody deserves somebody and your nervousness should ease up after the first 10 to 15 minutes.... unless she invites you back to her place of course.
J/K

You will be ok! Just keep her laughing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just don't wear juggalo makeup and have a reasonable hygiene.

Don't act as a used car dealer either, after all you don't even know this woman

If all goes wrong just salvage what you can of the situation:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
1. Whiskey in large quantities helps - settles nerves along with improves the appearance of the blind date ..
2. Always make sure to have a clear primary and secondary line of retreat ..
3. Good luck
4. Whiskey ..
5. the monte python strategy - RUN AWAY !!! RUN AWAY !!!

Blind dates should be classed as torture under international laws and accords ..
Have to agree would much rather be back in a combat zone than go on a blind date ...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My wife has always said that the key to hooking a good spouse is to slowly reveal the crazy.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
good luck

sometimes its fun to get outta the box

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just be yourself, you wouldn't want someone to want you for anything less.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The best advice I can give is from "There's something about Mary"

Dom: You choke the chicken before any big date, don't you? Tell me you spank the monkey before any big date. Oh my God, he doesn't flog the dolphin before a big date. Are you crazy? That's like going out there with a loaded gun! Of course that's why you're nervous. Oh my dear friend, please sit, please. Look, um, after you've had sex with a girl, and you're lying in bed with her, are you nervous?

Ted: No.

Dom: No, you're not, why?

Ted: Cause I'm tired...

Dom: Wrong! It's 'cause you ain't got the baby batter on the brain anymore! Jesus, that stuff will f@$& you're head up! Look, the most honest moment in a man's life are the few minutes after he's blown his load, now that is a medical fact. And the reason for it is that you're no longer trying to get laid, you're actually... you're thinking like a girl, and girls love that.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

beezzer

Panic. I'd panic if I were you.

If she's kind and attractive, panic worse.

Trust beezzer's dating tips on this one.

1. Always take a small monkey on the first date.
2. Wear chaps and pretend you're a rodeo clown.
3. Sob hysterically if she mentions any movie. ANY movie.
4. Get facial tattoos together.
5. Arm-wrestle for the bill after dinner.

Good luck!

I did all of what you mentioned once Beez...

Ended up at the Blue Oyster bar...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

*ouch*

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Remember, everything will be fine as long as the first words out of your blind dates mouth are not

"Hi! I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such hilarious blind date mix ups as "Right Time, Wrong Cafe",
" Embarrassing Passage Of Wind 4", and the classic " I Had No Idea She Had A Fish Allergy 2". I'm here to talk to you about the problems that arise when a blind date turns out to be of completely the wrong gender, in this educational video, "I Thought I Was Meeting A Woman."

At that point, you will know that things have gone pretty much as south as they can get without you ending up buried in Satan's armpit. Other than that, just chill dude! I am sure you have the necessary swagger to deal with any eventuality!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I've only successfully dated one woman, and that was over 20 years ago, so my advice might be a bit "out of touch" with what the folks have to experience today.

Apologies to your experience, however.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

I've only successfully dated one woman, and that was over 20 years ago, so my advice might be a bit "out of touch" with what the folks have to experience today.

Apologies to your experience, however.

Glad I was young at the time and glad I could run fast

Same thing here, with over 17 years with the same wonderful lady.

Only serious advice I can really give out to TDawg is... just follow your heart and always have a condom and a packet of chewing gum handy.... Oh... and now that things have gotten all modern... don't forget the lube tube... you never know, if your chewing gum gets stuck in the packet after having it in your trouser pocket for a long time... *coughs*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sometimes the best dates can be with people you barely know.

I went out with this one girl. We hit Fridays and had beers. I spent the entire time talking about my friends and we just laughed.
She had a great time.

We also had a great time back at my place.

So relax. Dress nice. Be polite. Put on some cologne. And have fun just talking about stuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Best case scenario: you go on another date

worst case scenario: you never see her again

either way, it's win-win

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Juggalo? I don't think so...LOL. My ex's kid was a Juggalo. But he was a good kid though.

Ummm...thanks. Now I feel old. But oddly enough...I'm ok with that. It is the date I'm terrified of.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join