It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Fraud Used For Foreign Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

SAN ANTONIO - Groceries purchased with taxpayer-funded Lone Star Cards are being driven or walked across the border into Mexico on a daily basis. Read More at: www.news4sanantonio.com...

"Or, it turns out these people have businesses in Mexico, small groceries or restaurants, and they'll purchase the groceries for their businesses in Mexico."

And from New York we have this...

But not everyone is giving the taxpayer-funded fare to starving children abroad. The Post last week found two people hawking barrels of American products for a profit on the streets of Santiago.

“It’s a really easy way to make money, and it doesn’t cost me anything,” a seller named Maria-Teresa said Friday.

nypost.com...

We have so many people here that actually need welfare and then you see this crap going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
They should confiscate it at the customs checkpoints and give it to shelters / foodbanks where it would do some good along with imprison and fine those engaged in such activities .. oh wait forgot corruption runs rampant in amerika these days and nothing will be done ..

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I know!!!!! Isn't it sickening?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Humans have the ability to amaze me and disgust me at the same time. A majority of people take pride in hard work, honesty, integrity, etc. Then you have "These People". "These People" who find nothing wrong with lying, stealing, cheating, and working hard to get out of work. It's almost like they are proud of the things they do, and I can't wrap my mind around that train of thought. They flaunt their dishonesty, and brag about things that would shame a normal person.

I hate to see benefits going to people who don't need them while others go without. There are many who go without because their pride keeps them from accepting handouts.... and then you hear things like this. All you can do is shake your head. What the hell is wrong with humanity that these people have lost all shame?

edit on 2/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Well said! Just when I thought I heard everything, wham some new scam comes along. It infuriates me that so many people get away with so much crap.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

What's the bet that they are buying there groceries in Mexico because its cheaper?
LoL

Makes perfect sence, things such as this were bound to happen !

edit on 11-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here's another example of how America's corrupt government and self-serving special interest groups are actively managing our tax money and massive $17,300,000,000 national debt. (source: www.brillig.com...)

Recently a group of lobbyists pressured Congress on the $1 Trillion U.S. Farm Bill -- asking them to kick American logistics companies and farmers out of the international food distribution loop, instead replacing U.S. products and services with cash-vouchers.

Must be nice, now with cash-vouchers paid for by U.S. citizens these foreigners can purchase food from Timbuktu instead of from American farmers, or even trade their cash-vouchers up on the black market for some opium and ammo.

"That’s a Wrap: What We Won in the Farm Bill" (source: blogs.ajws.org...)

By law, 75 percent of our country’s food donations must be transported by American companies—a misguided practice that can actually hurt the people we are trying to help. A bag of dried peas marked “US AID from the American People” took more than six months to reach a grandfather in Ethiopia. His grandchildren starved to death before the shipment of food arrived.

Had our government not sent the peas on a 12,000-mile journey by rail, ship and truck but, instead, donated money to purchase food directly from Ethiopian farmers or provided cash vouchers for the grandfather himself to buy food that is often available, but out of financial reach during times of crisis, these children might still be alive. (source: blogs.ajws.org...)

edit on 11-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is too much corruption everywhere and we're the ones who have to pay for it. What ever happened to honesty, integrity and honor?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They have figured out our liberal system and use it for all it is worth. Poverty should be a community issue, handled by local government in a way that it cannot be abused. Time to cut off all the hands that are reaching into our pockets.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Exactly!!!! Something needs to be done and soon!

new topics

top topics

join